Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Corbin 2-3-15
Thoughts and Predictions. :popcorn:
Williamsburg has a nice team but I believe Corbin gets the W 67-64
Williamsburg 70
Corbin 64

:worthy:
There are still a bunch of games left to determine seeding in this district. Right now the burg is 2-0, South and Whitley both 2-2, and Corbin 1-3. It would really be something if South and Corbin wound up playing an elimination game in the district.
South will have to sweep Williamsburg to earn the 1 seed and Corbin will have to defeat both Williamsburg at home and Whitley away to get out of the cellar. Its looking more than likely the seeding will be:

1. Williamsburg
2. South Laurel
3. Whitley Co
4. Corbin

That said…..now back to the topic Williamsburg 68 Corbin 64
The Burg by 21. :rockon:
Count Wrote:The Burg by 21. :rockon:

Nothing like confidence…….Confusedinglepar
^^^^
I'm not even from w'burg. I think topnotch and 64 have brain washed me.
Early in the year I thought this would be a loss for the Jackets, but Corbin seems to be having some issues right now...Williamsburg by 8...
Williamsburg has made the statement needed to gain respect as a contender in this region. It is hard to beat someone that is somewhat evenly matched 3 times. Will be another good game.

Williamsburg by 2
Corbins biggest issue is dealing with size and trying to find a 2nd and 3rd scorer. I'll take W-burg by 7.
I hope I'm wrong but I think williamsburg by 12-16.
I'm taking the REDHOUNDS in a barn burner. ....it's hard to beat any team 3 times in a season.....Tony P will be ready...

Corbin 68
Burg 62
I agree it is hard to beat a team 3 times....with this being at Corbin I'll take Corbin by 4.....but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the other way around.
Corbin needs to start playing more kids. Those same 7 are good enough to win, but they need a little help. Corbin just really doesn't have the depth right now.

But, its at Corbin. And Corbin has played Wburg as close as anyone. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go either way.

As someone else said, seeding for district isn't even close to being locked in and probably wont be until the final district games. If Corbin loses this one and then loses to Whitley again, they will be the 4 seed, and to be honest, I would hate to be in Wburg shoes if they have to beat Corbin a 4th time. I also wouldn't want to be playing South again if I was Whitley especially with district at South.

Still a lot of deciding to do.

The best news of all of this is its almost spring.
I will go with the Redhounds 67-63.
Burg by 7.
Corbin is death in their gym. Wburg 64 Corbin 62
topnotch Wrote:Corbin is death in their gym. Wburg 64 Corbin 62

I'd call this near death.:biggrin:
It is soooo difficult to beat a team 3 times in one season. If you do that, then the 4th win isn't as difficult, IMO... This being at Corbin could be the difference with the fans, refs and atmosphere! I dunno, but I'll be rooting for the Burg!!!

Good luck to both teams and I'm taking the Jackets by 6
Home team
Since w'burg finally lost a game i think it has actually relaxed them more and they are ready to start another run. They can play loose and enjoy theirselves know. I think w'burg will pull this one out and really take a stronghold on the no 1 seed for district. But this will be a tough game at corbin. W'burg needed a miracle shot to win the last time at corbin but both teams have changed some since then.
Tight district for sure.Burg will be playing loose.Corbin may come out tight,we'll see.
If corbin doesn't win tonight then they will be pretty much locked in as the 4 seed.......they will have 4 loses and still have a road game to whitley. That will be tough. W'burg with a win really controls their own destiny. A pair of games with south is all that is left after tonight. With a win tonight they can even split with south laurel and w'burg will still be #1 seed going into district. Having that all sorted out........that could mean that w'burg would have to play corbin a 4th time in the same year. Thats tough on any team!! This game has a lot riding on it though. Wouldn't want to play south laurel at home in district in an elimination game either.