Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 6 Class System
Are you guys in favor or against the new system?
This is horrible. 87 percent of the schools in the state will make the playoffs next year. just forget the regular season. Lets have a big tournament.
I like the new system.
Takes the focus off, private vs public.............
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Its funny, coz WV only has 3 classes
That reminds me of the toothbrush joke....
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
mrfootball03 Wrote:Its funny, coz WV only has 3 classes
WV high school football isn't near as competitive as HS football in KY. Neither do they have the population nor the number of high schools we have in KY. So to further the investigation, KY is not WV and vice versa.
I am against it!
joethegreek Wrote:This is horrible. 87 percent of the schools in the state will make the playoffs next year. just forget the regular season. Lets have a big tournament.

Football is the only sport where every team does not get a chance to play in the playoffs.

I don't see any thing wrong with more teams in the playoffs, so there will be 192 schools out of nearly 220 schools in the playoffs. Just look at basketball every team (all 220 schools) get a chance to go the playoffs, and baseball, softball, scoccer, swimming, track, etc is the same every school is in the playoffs.
Ohio has six classes. Ky doesn't have near the numbers as Ohio. I think there was something that needed to be done about public vs private but i don't think this was the answer.
I agree with cats eye, I really don't think we need 6 classes. I know Belfry beats us every year, but if I was playing now, and won district without beating Belfry and Sheldon Clark, I just don't think it would feel right. I know Belfry handed it to us pretty good my senior year, but I would rather of gotten beat by them, then to not play them at all. That atmosphere when Prestonsburg and Belfry line up is just amazing. Those are the kind of games that high school kids play the sport for.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
I dont think we need 6 classes.
Six classes is way too many. to be honest I would like to see only two teams from each district go to the playoffs. Why reward teams with losing records with a playoff berth.
You can't compare WV and Ky. Kentucky is a much bigger state. Plus the WVSSAC wanted to expand the class system to four but that was shot down.
You cant compare 2 entirely different states due to population, talent level, and support from the states schools. That being said, all teams should just make the playoffs and let it be like a big tournament at the end of the year. That way the districts with more than 4 teams will all make the tournament.
joethegreek Wrote:Six classes is way too many. to be honest I would like to see only two teams from each district go to the playoffs. Why reward teams with losing records with a playoff berth.

I understand what your saying, but why the double standard with all of the other sports. If you take only the top two teams in football then why not in basketball and baseball etc.
You gotta look at it like this. You only play football once a week. The other sports you can play multiples games in a week. That's what makes football unique. Plus youhave to lokk at finances. Also its not feasible from an economic issue. Right now most teams lose money in the first round due to lack of attendence
Hate it! Kentucky is too small of a state to have it!
I think the 6A class will go over well in KY
Gives more teams a chance to make it further in playoffs than what they usually would do
It sounds crazy now, but we may change our minds later.
If teams choose to do so, this gives them a chance to be better teams at the end of the season because with fewer district games they can schedule better teams in non district play. Pikeville scheduled Ashland and Lex-Cath for next year as well as Louisville Holy Cross in the Pike Co. Bowl and our normal ND games with Belfry and P-Burg, Got to be the toughest 1a schedule in the state. This could make football better state wide if all teams would do this.
Russell picks up AAAAAA Simon Kenton, AAAAA Lawrence Co, and A Raceland,, Raceland is 5 minutes away and we have played them 48 times inhistory just not recently.. 49 will be at there house 2007 and 50 will be at our house 2008.
Devilologist Wrote:Russell picks up AAAAAA Simon Kenton, AAAAA Lawrence Co, and A Raceland,, Raceland is 5 minutes away and we have played them 48 times inhistory just not recently.. 49 will be at there house 2007 and 50 will be at our house 2008.

Lawrence County will only be AAAA next season. It's nice to see Russell raise the competition level of their schedule after the KHSAA put them in a hole with their district for the last several years.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]