Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 56 Clay County 51
Oldtiger Wrote:I was impressed KC doesn't ever foul, did Clay even shoot a free throw? Knott didn't foul in the second half until under two minutes to go in the game. Now that's amazing D......

I was impressed as well old tiger. They where much better than I thought on that end. I really like the way the refs allowed the game to be played. They let both teams body and bump the guards all night. This game would have had 75 fouls called if it was 13th region refs. I don't think anyone can complain about the officiating. They where consistent all night not to blow there whistle. Knott has a very good team and I don't think there overrated one bit. They are a top 5 team in the state IMO .
Knott was up 8-12 points all second half and let clay make a run late in the 4th. Farmer shot clay back into the game then shot them right back out with some rushed 3s. Good game to watch
Runs are part of games, especially Clay's they had 4 or 5 different 6 -7 pt unanswered runs. What's your point. They was in it when it mattered.
A lot of people are taking Clay County's two losses without Trey and their lackluster performance against Hazard as a measuring stick. To say Knott is overrated is crazy. Just accept the fact that Clay is pretty good as well and both teams played pretty solid games. You see Justice's 12 points and do not know that House is one of the best defenders around. Sexton and Smith played great defense as well. The Tigers are the best team in the 13th region. Stop selling Knott County short.
didnt have a point. Just describing the game. In the end clay got the L so that's that I guess
I agree ukcc. If you take Hall or Justice off that team and play good competition outside of the mountains they will get beat as well. Clay's loss @ Boyle was to a top 15 ranked team in the state without Farmer and on the road, that's not a bad loss IMO. Just like if Smith doesn't play tonight I think we could take another one. The Hazard game was what it was. Outside of Smith they stunk it up but still won. I'm telling you right now this team has made a believer out of me. They get up for big games and can beat anyone. They are at times selfish against lesser opponents but when it comes times to time to bring it and play right against the big boys they do. I took 2 things away from last night's game. 1. We can play with anyone when we play defense. 2. We are a BIG MAN away from being a legitimate threat to win it all.
I thought that the game was very well officiated. Il like the physical play as long as it doesnt get out of hand. We are trying to get our best guard back on the floor soon SAMS If we can then we will be a pretty tough out come tourney time.I think that our rebounding will improve .But congrats to Knott on the win.
That's funny stuff right there Lando
Wildcat man Wrote:No Knott did not play LC. But for the #3 time in the state to only put up 56 to a unranked team. They may win the 14 but in no way are they going to win at RUPP.
Just a average mountain team. They have 2 players just like Sheldon Clark that take all the shots.

I agree, and if what you say is to be considered true then UK only won by 1 in overtime against an unranked ole miss. Team thus they should not be ranked number 1 in the country and they will be lucky to win the SEC! With no shot at winning NCAA title!
Hahahaha kcc played four teams in the BBC that would compete for any region in our state. Including a double digit win over the defending 7a state champs in Arkansas( just happen to be ranked 1 in Arkansas )
Funny stuff!!!
lol
Lando that's funny. Lol
Clay is one big player away from being in the top 10 in the state.They did a great job containing Justice.Farmer was impressive as well as House.A healthy Smith might have put Clay in the finals.I don't think many mountain teams will overlook Clay again.Just no answer for Hall in the interior.He's an unsung hero for them.Best of luck to Knott the remainder of the year.Clay proved they are the top team in the 13th
From what I saw clay is for sure the class of the 13th
bradc Wrote:From what I saw clay is for sure the class of the 13th

Agree totally. I also think Knott is the class of the Mountains.
I like the Wolfe kids game. What year is he
All Clay County needs is a big man down low
bradc Wrote:I like the Wolfe kids game. What year is he

Wolfe, Smith, and Farmer are all juniors.
It was great to see these two teams go head to head,:Cheerlead both teams have great defense.:Cheerlead
Wildcat man Wrote:No Knott did not play LC. But for the #3 time in the state to only put up 56 to a unranked team. They may win the 14 but in no way are they going to win at RUPP.
Just a average mountain team. They have 2 players just like Sheldon Clark that take all the shots.

I t know what the rankings say, but there is not 25 teams in this state better than Clay.

Clay could beat Knott just as easily as Knott beat Clay.
TheBigDipper Wrote:It was great to see these two teams go head to head,:Cheerlead both teams have great defense.:Cheerlead

Two weeks ago people were saying CC couldn't guard anyone. Marcum is getting his team tuned at the right time once again to ROLL thru the 13th.
Count Wrote:Two weeks ago people were saying CC couldn't guard anyone. Marcum is getting his team tuned at the right time once again to ROLL thru the 13th.

Home fans can be tough on a team. Confusednicker:
^
Our is probably the tuffest.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I t know what the rankings say, but there is not 25 teams in this state better than Clay.

Clay could beat Knott just as easily as Knott beat Clay.

Once again Clay is ranked 11th in the AP poll and 20th in the composite poll which combine all 4 polls. And I agree GUT there's not 25 better teams in the state. I think Clay is A Solid Top 15 team.
Count Wrote:Two weeks ago people were saying CC couldn't guard anyone. Marcum is getting his team tuned at the right time once again to ROLL thru the 13th.
Think from what most are saying that Gray is now in charge of defense. If that's true then most see improvement
Marcum is in charge of the team.
Tigercreek Wrote:Think from what most are saying that Gray is now in charge of defense. If that's true then most see improvement

Gray isn't in charge of anything I can guarantee that.
Clays defense has nothing to do with whose in charge of it. It has to do with EFFORT!!!!! There has been no change in philosophy the whole year. It all boils down to whether the kids want to buckle down and play.
Clay the last couple of years has got much better at tournament time.