Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 65 Harlan Co 59
Final from McCreary Central
Nice game black bears. :worthy:
Sw look like a completely different team from a couple nights ago..
Surprised Harlan didn't win
Harlan Co. Is going to get better, great effort against a very good team.
I didn't get to go!! Dang it, but according to Black Bear Mama, we hung around like a hair in a biscuit!! Smile

Congratulations Warriors, good job Black Bears.

Oh, and according to her, the officials were really good in this game, so no complaints from her tonight!
Harlan Co. has got some talent and gave SW all it wanted. We had a hard time guarding #4 and #34. But we survived and move on to the championship game.

I left the gym very impressed with the Harlan County head coach.
Our guards are tough and gritty; they'll go up against anybody. LOVE watching them play!!

What did you think of my little football player??
Confusednicker:
Harlan and south laurel are both decent teams that play really hard but Sw has something going on right now that they got to get fixed. I am not sure exactly what it is but way to many kids pouting for one reason or another in my opinion.
I agree.They have to have a better inside presence than what they showed tonight. It seemed like they played uninspired. There defense was lacklustered most of the night. But I guess we have to remember that we have 3 freshman and two sophomores in the top 7 of the rotation.
Granny Bear Wrote:Our guards are tough and gritty; they'll go up against anybody. LOVE watching them play!!

What did you think of my little football player??
Confusednicker:

What number was he?
I agree your guards are tough and gritty. They had a HOSS that battled on the boards. One kid that looked like a strong young man turned his ankle and set on the bench with ice most of the night.
Its like I explained to my boy last nite well really for two years. Last nite for instance was his own fault for sitting on the bench. Pick up two silly fouls in first min and thats where you will be and then when you start pouting with the body language he had over there thats where you will stay. Its like playing cards you cant pick the cards you are dealt but you can learn how to play the ones you got. You can either fold and quit or figure out how to win with what cards you have. They will get it lined out.
Willie Turnover Wrote:What number was he?
I agree your guards are tough and gritty. They had a HOSS that battled on the boards. One kid that looked like a strong young man turned his ankle and set on the bench with ice most of the night.

That was Trey with the high ankle sprain. He may be out for a few games; turned that ankle up pretty good. He's a tough kid, too and I'm sure he'll be back.

That "hoss" that you are referring to is MY baby!! LOL He's sorta built more for football, isn't he? Confusednicker:
Caldwell is very skilled. He gives Harlan County a true post presence, which will be very valuable in tournament type games. From what I have seen, he is hard to deal with when he gets the ball down on the block. He and Marsee, in my opinion, are the two best post players in the region. Marsee's numbers are going to be better because Harlan county spreads the ball around a little more, but Caldwell is every bit as effective. I also like the two guards for Harlan County. Both Bumgardner and Carmichal are game changers. This team is in the mix in a very competitive 13th region.
No he is built for basketball just like Charles Barkley. :Thumbs:

I know if I was a football coach and needed a yard who I would run behind.Confusedinglepar

And I didn't call him a hoss..... I called him a HOSS.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:Caldwell is very skilled. He gives Harlan County a true post presence, which will be very valuable in tournament type games. From what I have seen, he is hard to deal with when he gets the ball down on the block. He and Marsee, in my opinion, are the two best post players in the region. Marsee's numbers are going to be better because Harlan county spreads the ball around a little more, but Caldwell is every bit as effective. I also like the two guards for Harlan County. Both Bumgardner and Carmichal are game changers. This team is in the mix in a very competitive 13th region.

Thank you Professor; that's very kind of you!

Willie Turnover Wrote:No he is built for basketball just like Charles Barkley. :Thumbs:

I know if I was a football coach and needed a yard who I would run behind.Confusedinglepar

And I didn't call him a hoss..... I called him a HOSS.

The round mound of rebound!! Confusednicker:
He is the youngest in a family of all boys, so he's had to fight to eat. He has won most of his fights!!! Smile
[Image: https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...e=5537B843]
Great game! l like Little Jones, as Harlan County's coach! His team plays hard noes and fundamental sound.
Mountain Sports Wrote:Great game! l like Little Jones, as Harlan County's coach! His team plays hard noes and fundamental sound.

Jones is gonna have a great career at HC...:Cheerlead