• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg vs Rockcastle County 12/23
Thoughts and Predictions. :popcorn:
This game is supposedly schedule at 10.00am in the morning... Confusederiously:
Burg by 20
Williamsburg 74
Rockcastle County 68

GO 13th Regions. :Cheerlead
Rock will have to play better then they did in the second game today, I don't know if we have the depth to run with Williamsburg,
Pure and simple Williamsburg will win with athletes, I think they are capable of beating any body and loosing to anybody, but, every team they play you can bet will know they have been in a dog fight.
This team is fun to watch, they play street ball. If you haven't seen them you should, You will get your price of admission worth I can promise you that. They are going to win a bunch of games and wheather the team they play is good or bad won't make any difference.
topnotch Wrote:This team is fun to watch, they play street ball. If you haven't seen them you should, You will get your price of admission worth I can promise you that. They are going to win a bunch of games and wheather the team they play is good or bad won't make any difference.

You lose all credibility with comments like these. You obviously don't know much about the game.
Truth you got that right I know nothing about the game, I do know when I see a good athlete, besides I don't think I will loose any credibility you can't loose what you don't have. I just enjoy watching good teams play BB and FB. Williamsburg will win A lot of games. You should come and watch them play.
Now you have the ball.
That's called transition basketball, fastbreak and finishing...
This is my rating for the 13th. Corbin, Whitley, Williamsburg, top 3 in any order. Knox Central 4 Harlan Co. 5 Clay Co. 6 North Laurel 7 South Laurel 8, Barbourville 9 Pineville.10
:thatsfunn
topnotch Wrote:This is my rating for the 13th. Corbin, Whitley, Williamsburg, top 3 in any order. Knox Central 4 Harlan Co. 5 Clay Co. 6 North Laurel 7 South Laurel 8, Barbourville 9 Pineville.10

Let's see where should I start. Well we beat Corbin @Corbin. We beat Harlan @Harlan. Both of these games we where up double figures entire game. Neither one was ever in question. Beat North @ home. We are currently 9-0. And don't know of you remember it or not but we waxed that same WBURG team in the region last by as many as Marcum wanted. Good athletes doesn't translate to good basketball players. We played a team full of athletes from Hopkins county this weekend that was horrible. But they sure could run fast and jump high. They passed the eye test until tip off then 5 six foot slow mountain boys showed them how the game was played. I know u was just ruffling feathers with this statement because Ray Charles could rank them better than that.
I agree Clay should be ranked first, or no worse than second in any 13th Region poll.
But Clay did not lead by double digits the whole way at Harlan County. It was tied going into the fourth quarter.
Yes they cut it in the 3rd but within 2 mins it was back to 11. And was double figures the whole first half.
You must remember that we are doing this while missing 2 starters as well. I'm not saying we are the best because we are gonna take some loses our schedule is getting ready to get really serious. But IMO Clay is a step above the rest right now.
truth99 Wrote:you must remember that we are doing this while missing 2 starters as well. I'm not saying we are the best because we are gonna take some loses our schedule is getting ready to get really serious. But imo clay is a step above the rest right now.

only time will tell......i love when people get on here and they try to tell you about your schedule and how good and how bad it is. We dont see the same teams play so you can say whatever you want. Talk about no credibility.......focus on your team and collect bottle caps or something. Don't start telling teams there not good because they haven't played anyone or tell people they have no credibility.
I have to give it to williamsburg fans...They dominate this entire site...They do have a special group of kids there, but so does CLAY, NORTH, KNOX, HARLAN CO., WHITLEY, and CORBIN...Enjoy the season and expect some people to get tired of you guys...I am a diehard 13th region guy, but you guys had me ALMOST pulling against you in the final football game...Just relax and enjoy ur kids.
Truth just doesn't realize Clay Co. is just not that good this year, They are good but just not as good as past teams. IMO
Truth99 Wrote:Let's see where should I start. Well we beat Corbin @Corbin. We beat Harlan @Harlan. Both of these games we where up double figures entire game. Neither one was ever in question. Beat North @ home. We are currently 9-0. And don't know of you remember it or not but we waxed that same WBURG team in the region last by as many as Marcum wanted. Good athletes doesn't translate to good basketball players. We played a team full of athletes from Hopkins county this weekend that was horrible. But they sure could run fast and jump high. They passed the eye test until tip off then 5 six foot slow mountain boys showed them how the game was played. I know u was just ruffling feathers with this statement because Ray Charles could rank them better than that.

WOW. that's all great. Why don't you start a thread about what all clay has done will do and how high you would rank them and let everyone start posting on it.
W'burg really does have a special bunch of kids this year. Other people get on here talking about how they don't play anyone and they can't compete against the big boys. So when it happens you will probably hear more. Maybe thats how we like to enjoy this special bunch. No one was on this thread knocking clay or any other team.......when others troll around and say stuff and people respond then w'burg fans are the bad guy. Some people cant stand when the small schools are successful. I'm a 13th region guy too. Always pull for them no matter who they play. Why cant other people just admit that w'burg is good this year. I never indicated we would win the 13th region and end up in rupp. It would be nice but who knows.........march is a long way off. The 50th district is loaded this year and two teams will be sent home that could probably beat anyone else thats left in the region. Not many districts can say that. Two teams are heads and shoulders above everybody else usually in each district. But the 50th has 4 teams with legitimate shots of winning a region. So everybody hear i am not knocking other teams.......just saying the burg along with the 3 other teams in that district are good this year.
topnotch Wrote:Truth just doesn't realize Clay Co. is just not that good this year, They are good but just not as good as past teams. IMO

I personally think clay is better this year than years past. But in all honesty Truth is making very valid points and you guys should want your kids to be playing the best around here not the weakest. But if anyone this side of Vegas thinks Clay is 5th best in this region, I want some of what there smoking
old ball coach You nailed it, For once we get the chance to be competitivity, I love it. I am A 13th region fan and have pulled for Clay County so many times now I feel we belong along with Whitley and Corbin, however, Corbin is usually on top every year, We will play you ball for ball and quarter for quarter dig in and get ready. I hope we all get better and better the best team wins and we go to Rupp and win it all. You have to realize you are not the biggest Gorella in the jungle. ANYMORE. I would serve you but I don't know how to get those policemen on here.