Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Jessamine 82 Southwestern 67
Final. Upset in the 12th region
Can a mod close this thread. :biggrin:

I am just shocked, just shocked I tell you. :insane: This is exactly why I do not gamble.

Congrats to EJ on your win. :notworthy:
So much for Southwestern dominating the 12th Region. If I had to bet I'd take the boys from Stanford to win Region. I do think this is just one of those Games. Look for Southwestern to be a tough out at Tourney time. Cong: to East Jess.
This was a shocker. :popcorn:
East jess played well. I think it was a combo of let down and just not having much left in the tank. SW has had several sick for over a week and been battling thru it. I believe it caught up to them. Very sluggish and lackluster effort from the warriors.
Cellking Wrote:So much for Southwestern dominating the 12th Region. If I had to bet I'd take the boys from Stanford to win Region. I do think this is just one of those Games. Look for Southwestern to be a tough out at Tourney time. Cong: to East Jess.

Sw will still dominate one games means nothing, refs hosed us as usual.
This was the classic trap game, coming off the big win against Wayne County. Although it was a good win for EJ, Coach Wright will use this to keep his team focused and grounded. As long as SW has Gover at the point and Gaskins in the post they will win the region, they also have a good supporting cast with Isaacs and Cromer. IF the big transfer gets eligible they become legitimate state contenders.
Good win for East. They have marked themselves as a contender in the 12th.
Gover, sweet kid will be much better with his dad in the stands.
I think one thing everyone is over looking is SW was good before Gover. They also have a kid or kids being over looked that is better than him.
This team knows they didn't need him, they were the best before him.
EJ win over the warriors was pure luck.
I predict SW wins every game from here on out by 20 and thats even if little G is in the stands with his dad.
He might have gave Somerset a good chance to compete with SW.
Never know, they may wear purple and gold next.

Fact is we will be region champs and maybe state champs the next 3 years!!
I honestly believe Gover makes sw better not because he is just that much better than what they had but makes them deeper. Kid can play. I dont know if I would put cromer and Issacs in the supporting cast role. both are very important pieces.
basketballdad Wrote:Gover, sweet kid will be much better with his dad in the stands.
I think one thing everyone is over looking is SW was good before Gover. They also have a kid or kids being over looked that is better than him.
I predict SW wins every game from here on out by 20 and thats even if little G is in the stands with his dad.

I agree that SW was a good team before Gover got there, but you don't win region or state championships without great point guards. Compare last year to this year, both Wayne and SW have pretty much the same teams except Edwards is gone for SW. Last year without a top notch point guard SW could not beat Wayne consistently, however this year with a point guard of Govers caliber SW dominated Wayne. Look at the last 10 winners of the 12th region, they all had great point guards.
Nice win for EJ for sure. Congrats!
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I agree that SW was a good team before Gover got there, but you don't win region or state championships without great point guards. Compare last year to this year, both Wayne and SW have pretty much the same teams except Edwards is gone for SW. Last year without a top notch point guard SW could not beat Wayne consistently, however this year with a point guard of Govers caliber SW dominated Wayne. Look at the last 10 winners of the 12th region, they all had great point guards.

IMO Southwestern beat Wayne County by feeding the ball to Gaskin, who had a monster night and some great outside shooting which can be credited to Isaacs, Cromer and Gover. Cromer came off the bench and played excellent defense against a very talented and quick Wayne County. What I saw this year over last year for the Warriors is more team play and a good job of feeding the ball to a strong center. Edwards, as good as he was at times, couldn't carry them on the inside. The Warriors are DEEP this year at every position.
Gover is the missing link for this team. He comes from a long line of basketball tradition. The sky's the limit for this group.
Gover is why they are winning. Top young player on the team. He makes us go.
E's Army Wrote:Good win for East. They have marked themselves as a contender in the 12th.

another dumb post edith. gosh your a genuis poster :trolldad:
Lilly Wrote:Gover is why they are winning. Top young player on the team. He makes us go.

wow what amazing insight. who would have known this without your keen insight because it sure isn't very obvious Gover is the top young player on the team :drooling:
basketballdad Wrote:Gover, sweet kid will be much better with his dad in the stands.

hit it on the head bball dad . with this post your now a card carrying member of warrior nation congratulations! :happysmile:
wiznut while I can be a pretty obnoxious poster, but you take the cake. You feel free to comment on posts that you are not addressed in and feel the need to either make a poster legitimate or a bad poster. Alot of people could say Danny Butt or Steven Fitzgearld could be the top young kids on the team, but I guess you know more than anyone else. SMH
Wow.