Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County 2015
I know the cats were young this past season so what are your expectations or predictions on next season? I believe Moore will have these boys ready to go and will have a great season next year.

Return Key Starters:
James Collins QB
Ethan Little HB
Bryson Parks WR will be better as a sophomore.
Justin King WR
Justin Baker WR

Key Losses
Michael Hildebrand LB will be missed in a BIG way.
Jordan Turner RB Ran hard
Jake Noble T great blocker
Luke Wolfe G great blocker with athletic ability.

Not real sure on who returns on the OLine.
Going to continue to be tough sledding for the Bobcats.

The good news is they get away from that Belfry District which has had their number. The bad news is they now get Bell County and Corbin opposite of them. I say slight improvement but a 2nd Round exit in pretty lopsided fashion.
Breathitt will be improved, but they will be no where close to competing for a regional championship. James Collins will be one of the better players in the mountains next year, but the young skill players will have to step up and start making plays. The line play will need to improve significantly on both sides of the ball before the bobcats can be competitive once again. Hopefully, Coach Moore and his staff will get the bobcats back on the winning trail. Good Luck Bobcats!!!
I look for the bobcats to be improved though there will be a few holes to fill from the departure of the Sr class (Turner, Hilderbrand, and a few key Linemen). Collins at many times last season was the best athlete on the field and hopefully he can work on his throwing motion/reading defenses which may lead to a more effective passing game. The biggest area that needs work is the other side of the ball. The defense at times was a glaring weakness. I look for a few younger guys to step up and probably play a key role I would not be surprised to see the younger of the hilderbrand brothers to begin to make a bit of a name for himself on that side of the ball. Until I see the guys in the spring/summer and get a better grasp on who will be there I cant say what to expect in the W/L column at this time. At any rate Go BOBCATS!
I just hope defensively they are better next year. They had a pretty decent offense but couldn't stop a third grader from scoring seemed like. Hope these boys buy into the program and compete next season. The Collins kid is as good as any skill player on the field. They have the athletes just don't have the line play.
How did the Bobcats look during spring practice? I haven't heard a lot out of the Bobcat camp this Spring.
Complete Schedule for Breathitt?
Pretty much the best offense string ive seen in years.
How are the bobcats looking so far this summer. I haven't heard too much out of the bobcat camp.
From what I hear bobcats should be much improved. Supposedly have a few more athletes out this year and things are going well thus far this summer!
It's good to hear that we have some more athletes who have came out. My biggest concern is, both the offensive and defensive lines. Last year, we couldn't stop the run, and Collins was pretty much running for his life on every play. If our line play improves, I look for the Bobcats to improve drastically from last year, but if not, all of our skill guys are not going to be able to make much of an impact, due to them not having holes to run through, or having enough time to run their routes. I look for us to be improved, but how much, depends on the big guys up front.
How did the Bobcats look tonight at meet the Bobcats?
Noodler Wrote:How did the Bobcats look tonight at meet the Bobcats?

They looked like they have improved somewhat. Collins is playing RB and freshman Cameron Stacy is taking the QB position. Stacy has a really good arm but needs a little work on getting rid of the ball quicker from what I seen. They have some young skill players on this team that will help Stacy develop nicely over time.

The defense looked okay at times when they had the players who also start on the offensive side of the ball out there. Breathitt is slightly improved from last year and pretty young also.

Does anyone know the last time a freshman started at QB for Breathitt?
I agree they looked pretty good. Collins is a shifty little runner and runs hard. Stacy will be a good QB. Big arm but like you said it takes him a little while to get rid of the football and not very quick. Skill guys are developing nicely also. Defense is the question mark. Didn't look great to me. But some guys on offense play D. So it may look a little better when all the starters are together on defense. I believe it will be a pretty good year for the cats if the offensive line holds up. As for the freshman starting QB. Not that I know of and I remember way back to early 80s. Good luck Bobcats!
Go Bobcats ! Hopefully they continue to improve and get back to the top!
Well, it didn't sound like the Bobcats had a very good showing last night. I didn't expect them to outplay Pikeville, but I did expect them to be more competitive. Pikeville is a very hard nosed, well coached football team, and they will have an excellent shot at winning a state championship this year. As far as the bobcats go, I look for them to improve a lot over the course of the season. The bobcats are still very young and especially at quarterback. With Stacy being the starting quarterback as a freshman, he will only improve with each passing week. All of Breathitt's skill kids, outside of Collins are underclassmen.

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times, if the line play doesn't improve, the bobcats will not improve. It all starts with the big boys up front, and Breathitt seems to be struggling on both sides of the ball, in this area. Hopefully things will work themselves out, and the bobcats can win a district championship, but if the line play doesn't improve, it very well could be another long year in Jackson.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Well, it didn't sound like the Bobcats had a very good showing last night. I didn't expect them to outplay Pikeville, but I did expect them to be more competitive. Pikeville is a very hard nosed, well coached football team, and they will have an excellent shot at winning a state championship this year. As far as the bobcats go, I look for them to improve a lot over the course of the season. The bobcats are still very young and especially at quarterback. With Stacy being the starting quarterback as a freshman, he will only improve with each passing week. All of Breathitt's skill kids, outside of Collins are underclassmen.

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times, if the line play doesn't improve, the bobcats will not improve. It all starts with the big boys up front, and Breathitt seems to be struggling on both sides of the ball, in this area. Hopefully things will work themselves out, and the bobcats can win a district championship, but if the line play doesn't improve, it very well could be another long year in Jackson.

If it's any consolation it sounds like Corbin also has a long way to go and Bell is not expected to be in vintage form.

Also like you said Pikeville is a solid team. Panthers will definitely be in the thick of the 1A race and have one of the best players in EKY in Pugh.