Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights 24 Simon Kenton 0
Final.

DH moves on to play Ballard
Wow, I knew the Pioneers were frauds, I just didn't know they were really this bad!
Congratulations Dixie.
SK was over rated all year. Congrads Dixie, keep it going!
Congrats to a great group of student-athletes who continue to "get it done" week in week out...

Good players, coaches, game plan, preparation, prevail in this one. Best wishes to the sk seniors!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Nice win Dixie.
great win and an incredible season for Dixie, coach brossart and his staff are doing a great job and the young men have incredible focus. good luck against the athletic ballard bruins, it should be a good game
SK loses a lot as far as the Oline goes, hopefully they have some solid players coming up because Powell is a special player.

Congrats to Dixie, very impressive run so far keep it going and get NKy its first 6a ring.
Hey ukfan.....speed kills. I told jermaine, dillons dad, 3 years ago, that if dillon wanted to win a state championship, maybe he should have looked at ncc. Would never happen at sk.
toussaints Wrote:great win and an incredible season for Dixie, coach brossart and his staff are doing a great job and the young men have incredible focus. good luck against the athletic ballard bruins, it should be a good game

The Colonels already began breaking down Ballard game film this morning. And I agree Tous, it will be a good game. Hope you and yours are doing well. Haven't seen you on bgp for awhile. Don't do that anymore ( the long absence ).....Confusednicker:

sk1fan is too busy attempting to digest the crow, turkey, duck, and goose he will gnaw on for a long time. The best thing him and pick can do right now is speak to #11 for SK and encourage him to lift his head up when attempting to tackle. The good lord gave him arms for a reason. Potential paralysis, concussions, and spearing penalties never benefit oneself or the team. I mention this because on over five different occasions I witnessed his " MO. "

And div I lineman who kick opponents typically learn very quickly karma is a bitch. Had a lot of respect for that kid until he showed his true colors out of frustration last night. Not going to let the actions of two taint the well. SK has a very good program and some really good kids who will have success in the "game of life," on and off the field.

Dillon Powell will be a lot of fun to watch next year and more importantly is just a good kid growing into a young man before our eyes. His future, amongst many Neers looks very bright.

In the meantime I would encourage you to get behind the Dixie Heights Colonels. NKY teams beating Louisville teams is the goal. And that concept becoming a reality is a beautiful thing. I can assure you the Colonels will bring it, every play, with focus, precision, and heart. All of you are invited to Rice Mountjoy Stadium next week to support NKY 6A football.

Have a good weekend and Go Colonels!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Hey ukfan.....speed kills. I told jermaine, dillons dad, 3 years ago, that if dillon wanted to win a state championship, maybe he should have looked at ncc. Would never happen at sk.

Next year is Dillon's Senior year and I think it happens then!
Racke got hurt before halftime and tried to go back out at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and was in to much pain. Not sure what the injury is but somebody said torn rotater cuff.
Can't wait till next year for my Pionners 2 straight years the SK JV team won every game. They will be ready for another great season!!!!
NKY.com and Tristate Football articles:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/h.../19378527/

http://www.tristatefootball.com/articles...cleid=6413

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Dixie didn't have to complete 1 pass to beat SK. Dixie lined up and ran it at them all night. SK had 8 9 in the box and couldn't stop Dixie. On the other side SK couldn't run the ball on Dixie. Like I said a few months ago. Dixies lines are that much better than SKs.
UK1fan Wrote:Next year...........I think it happens then!
I'm sure you said the same thing in 1996 and 1997.:dudecomeon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
Deaton had 7 tackles finished the year with 64 tackles 4 sacks. Hick had 10 tackles and 93 tackles for the season and 5 sacks.
UK1fan Wrote:Deaton had 7 tackles finished the year with 64 tackles 4 sacks. Hick had 10 tackles and 93 tackles for the season and 5 sacks.

Ok. Dixie won by a bunch!!Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Is Hicks the better lb??
autopart101 Wrote:Is Hicks the better lb??

Good enough to stop a D1 tight end from catching a pass!
UK1fan Wrote:Good enough to stop a D1 tight end from catching a pass!

You mean good enough to get pancaked Muti times by a d1 TE!!!
Congratulations Dixie on winning district and region. Good luck the rest of the year. This is the best team Dixie has put on field in 20 years.

This game was not won on talent, it was won by scheme. SK's first year OC could not deal with Dixie's stunts and twists. The right side of SK's ol was inexperienced and Dixie took full advantage and none of the SK adjustments were effective.

The SK game plan should have been plays that did not require the QB to have the ball in his hands more than two seconds. Slants, crossers and screens. The inexperience of the OC really showed when he called plays that had empty backfield sets. The flea flicker call at the end of the half was particularly foolish, given the consistent penetration.

The inability of the OC to adjust was ultimately responsible for the QB getting injured.

I would have utilized personnel much differently. SK took a very good receiving tight end and made him a tackle. I think a 6'5" receiving target for a sophomore QB would have been helpfull! I would have also split up the experienced OL so that there was experience on both sides of the line. Putting an inexperienced guard together with an inexperienced tackle was a disaster.
Who was the new OC? I thought Lucas ran the offense.
This was Lucas's first year as OC.
Lol, whos the D1 TE. Only true D1 prospect for dixie is moore. For SK, its 45. Im no dixie fan, but im praying they win state so we can rub it in ukfans face. Lol. Last years sk team was better than this years dixie team because of kuntz. Things have just just fallen in place this year for dixie to win it all.
Pick6 Wrote:This was Lucas's first year as OC.

He called the plays last year.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:Lol, whos the D1 TE. Only true D1 prospect for dixie is moore. For SK, its 45. Im no dixie fan, but im praying they win state so we can rub it in ukfans face. Lol. Last years sk team was better than this years dixie team because of kuntz. Things have just just fallen in place this year for dixie to win it all.

Andrew Hedger, TE (6-5, 255), Dixie: The physically gifted tight end turned heads at offseason camps and drew three college offers before committing to Austin Peay in early August.