Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Shelby Valley Regional Finals 11/21
:biggrin:
More Cowbell Wrote:I think everybody on here from eastern KY would love to see a team from the Cincinnati suburbs have to come all the way to the mountains, right? For them to have to make that 4-hour drive into the backwoods hill country? Well, the only way to guarantee that happens is if Shelby Valley wins!

So, what it all boils down to is this: A win for Shelby Valley is a win for all the mountains!!! Go Valley! :biggrin:

A win by Newport and Prestonsburg would also see them coming to the mountains. Go Blackcats!!!! :biggrin:
uk fan14 Wrote:info on state semi scheduling :
If shelby valley (#1 seed) wins they host the semi (either new cath or newport)

if prestonsburg wins it will depend on who wins the new cath / newport game on the location of the semi.

If new cath (#1 seed) wins the they would host p-burg(#2 seed)
if newport(#2 seed) wins then p-burg would host based on same # seed and reg. 4 yr. To host.( even # yr.)

see ya at the game !!!

NOT CORRECT !!!

The winner of tonight's Region 4 Championship game HOSTS the Region 3 winner next Friday regardless.

Once the regional level is passed, district seeding is moot. Taken directly from KHSAA:

(http://khsaa.org/football/footballplayof...hforms.pdf - page 5,6)

"For the semi-state round (fourth round), the champion of region 1 will play the champion of Region 2 while the champion
of Region 3 will play the champion of Region 4. The team representing the even-numbered Region shall host the games
2014 Football Playoff Instructions – Rounds 1 through 4 - 6
in even-numbered years, while the team representing the odd-numbered Region shall host the game in odd-numbered
years."

:rockon:
oneijoe Wrote:NOT CORRECT !!!

The winner of tonight's Region 4 Championship game HOSTS the Region 3 winner next Friday regardless.

Once the regional level is passed, district seeding is moot. Taken directly from KHSAA:

"For the semi-state round (fourth round), the champion of region 1 will play the champion of Region 2 while the champion
of Region 3 will play the champion of Region 4. The team representing the even-numbered Region shall host the games
in even-numbered years, while the team representing the odd-numbered Region shall host the game in odd-numbered
years."

Confusedhh:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Confusedhh:

That's right... BOTH teams are playing for a home game next Friday !!

:popcorn:
oneijoe Wrote:That's right... BOTH teams are playing for a home game next Friday !!

:popcorn:

Yeah, but...

It's 40 more minutes on the dang bus if they have to come to Robinson Creek instead of the 'Burg. 40 more minutes!

Plus, then all those northerners will get to say they rode through the Pikeville Cut-Through. It's a history lesson on a Friday night!

They need to come to Valley next week!

:Thumbs:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Yeah, but...

It's 40 more minutes on the dang bus if they have to come to Robinson Creek instead of the 'Burg. 40 more minutes!

Plus, then all those northerners will get to say they rode through the Pikeville Cut-Through. It's a history lesson on a Friday night!

They need to come to Valley next week!

You know there is no homework on Friday nights. Send those boys to Prestonsburg. Confusedinglepar
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:You know there is no homework on Friday nights. Send those boys to Prestonsburg. Confusedinglepar

Oh, it's not homework. It's just history in action...

Plus, they could say they witnessed history in person when Valley defeats them to advance to their first football state title game in school history. That's something they could tell their grandkids!

:1:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
oneijoe Wrote:NOT CORRECT !!!

years."

YOU ARE CORRECT !!!
YOU ARE CORRECT 1EYE AND I WAS WRONG, I had the region championship on my mind when I posted (where the lower seed has to travel).
I sincerely apologize and beg for your forgiveness.
UK Fan14 Wrote:YOU ARE CORRECT !!!
YOU ARE CORRECT 1EYE AND I WAS WRONG, I had the region championship on my mind when I posted (where the lower seed has to travel).
I sincerely apologize and beg for your forgiveness.

Confusednicker:

You shouted louder than I did...lol. Just wanted folks to realize there's another local game next Friday regardless of outcome. It could help some folks make plans (it'll be Thanksgiving weekend).
UK Fan14 Wrote:Info on State Semi scheduling :
If Shelby Valley (#1 seed) wins they host the semi (either New Cath or Newport)

If Prestonsburg wins it will depend on who wins the New Cath / Newport game on the location of the semi.

If New Cath (#1 seed) wins the they would host P-burg(#2 seed)
If Newport(#2 seed) wins then P-burg would host based on same # seed and reg. 4 yr. to host.( even # yr.)

See ya at the game !!!
THIS INFO IS INCORRECT AND I APOLOGIZE FOR POSTING IT.
I HAD THE REGION CHAMPIONSHIP GAME IN MY MIND WHEN I POSTED (where the lower seed has to travel !!)
THE SEMI - STATE game (Rd 4 ) is different !!!!

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION

See ya at the game !!
No biggie... see you there !!

It's hard to pick a team to win tonight as both teams are good teams. I see it being a close game. Either team will be a good representation of mountain football and I am proud to see two mountains still in at the stage. Good Luck to both teams. Play safe.