Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Area Team for The Mountains?
bigpun Wrote:You have to average out what they give up rushing and passing
Pikeville gives up 90.5 on the ground and 54.6 in the air. Add them together and it is 130.5. Owensboro was the closest I found at 133.7 yard given up per game.

90.5 and 54.6 does not equal 130.5. This equals 145.1 yards per game.
Midee1 Wrote:I'm coming up with 145.1 per game. Which is still great considering Russell allows 191 yards total offense per game.

It was 145.1 after 10 games. Add in the Jenkins game last week and it drops to 130.5, like bigpun says. This will be reflected in the new stats that should come out today. If anyone is lower than that remains to be seen. Probably not.
HazzBeen Wrote:90.5 and 54.6 does not equal 130.5. This equals 145.1 yards per game.

See post 32
HazzBeen Wrote:90.5 and 54.6 does not equal 130.5. This equals 145.1 yards per game.

Already caught it. Thanks.:thumpsup:
fox sports Wrote:Why???
Defend your choice.

I guess he means since they both had over 1000 yds this season out of the same backfield. I too, think they would fit good back there. Put them behind a good O-line or w/e and you would see a huge production from them. Thats just my opinion though.
Pikevilles d Vs. Johnson Central's D? Not even in the same leauge. JC by far.
Deaton and Cole from Somerset
Hamblin from Williamsburg
Whos next? Wrote:Pikevilles d Vs. Johnson Central's D? Not even in the same leauge. JC by far.

Wrong answer. Thanks for playing. There will be a nice parting gift.:howdy:
Cash Wrote:RB - Grim
RB - Matt Thomas
FB - Blake Johnson

QB - Darrel Mahan

WR - The kid from Somerset

TE - Nathaniel Dials

Defense - JC

great picks!
Pikeville's defence got 133 point scored on them in 1A. Johnson Central only had 85 points scored on them and are undefeted in 3A. Not much of a comparison there.
hillbilly Wrote:When the stats are posted on KHSAA today I think that you will see that total yardage wise Pikeville's D will be #1 state wide.
Oh really thats cool
football_fan Wrote:Pikeville's defence got 133 point scored on them in 1A. Johnson Central only had 85 points scored on them and are undefeted in 3A. Not much of a comparison there.

Please. JC played a VERY weak schedule. We're talking about yards per game given up by the defense also. If Pikeville D is ranked #1 in all classes like it looks like will happen, nobody can say it's not in ANYBODY'S league.
jetpilot Wrote:Please. JC played a VERY weak schedule. We're talking about yards per game given up by the defense also. If Pikeville D is ranked #1 in all classes like it looks like will happen, nobody can say it's not in ANYBODY'S league.

When will you people stop using this excuse? I would still like to see any other team out the kind of numbers JC has up on those same opponents. Show me the Pikeville team that can hold Ashland to 7 points and put up 35 at the same time.
Cash Wrote:When will you people stop using this excuse? I would still like to see any other team out the kind of numbers JC has up on those same opponents. Show me the Pikeville team that can hold Ashland to 7 points and put up 35 at the same time.

Ashland is the only decent team JC played all year. Let JC play Henry Clay, East Jessamine, Belfry and Prestonsburg all in the same year, like Pikeville did, instead of all those cupcakes.
jetpilot Wrote:Ashland is the only decent team JC played all year. Let JC play Henry Clay, East Jessamine, Belfry and Prestonsburg all in the same year, like Pikeville did, instead of all those cupcakes.

Well, Belfry got killed by JC in preseason and P-Burg wont play us. Think about it for a few mintues. Pikevile is 1A and JC is 3A. Don't even start to tell me Pikeville could win JC's district. JC just has more overall talent and their defense IS better. I'm not trying to be arrogant, it's just the truth.
Cash Wrote:Well, Belfry got killed by JC in preseason and P-Burg wont play us. Think about it for a few mintues. Pikevile is 1A and JC is 3A. Don't even start to tell me Pikeville could win JC's district. JC just has more overall talent and their defense IS better. I'm not trying to be arrogant, it's just the truth.

3A don't mean nothin' when you're playing bad teams. A bad team is a bad team. Scrimmages mean nothing also. Play a better schedule when you are in a weak district.

JC's opponents are 48-67
Pikeville's opponents are 63-55
I thought this was a thread for All Area Team for The Mountains? Not about who has the best defense in the mountains, Johnson Central or Pikeville!!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I thought this was a thread for All Area Team for The Mountains? Not about who has the best defense in the mountains, Johnson Central or Pikeville!!!!

Agreed. If you would like to discuss different defenses feel free to start a thread about them. Leave this thread about the all area team for the mountains.
Midee1 Wrote:I'm coming up with 145.1 per game. Which is still great considering Russell allows 191 yards total offense per game.
That was before they gave up -16 yards to Jenkins last week.