NCC-2-2 2006
Danville-3-2 2003
Middlesboro-1-0 1998
Bardstown-2-3 1970
Pikeville-3-2 1989
Paintsville-0-2 None
Paris-3-1 1982

Theres more but just naming a few for fun... Next up 2A
Us, NCC, Bardstown and Danville keep bouncing back in forth to 2a. Looking at Beechwood's facilities and geographic area, I don't see how they manage to stay at 1a.
You know I never noticed but how does Williamsburg fans smack talk Pikeville fans all the time when Lynn Camp has scored just as many as them in a 1A title game...
Pikeville back in the glory days without a doubt!
mysonis55 Wrote:Us, NCC, Bardstown and Danville keep bouncing back in forth to 2a. Looking at Beechwood's facilities and geographic area, I don't see how they manage to stay at 1a.

Bc Ft. Mitchell's school district is sandwiched in Kenton County near Scott, really close to Dixie, and with CovCath drawing the Blessed Sacrament kids. The capacity of their school won't allow it over the threshold, or if it did, just barely.
They appear to have a nice facility and you would think that would draw some.
If i had to rank the 1A teams best ever it would be
1.Beechwood
2.Mayfield
3.Danville
4.Pikeville
5.Paris
6.Bardstown
7.NCC
8.Hazard
9.LCA
10.Middlesboro
Best Teams

Beechwood (1990's)
Pikeville (1987-1989)
Paris (1981-1984)
Ft Campbell (1976-1978)
Lynch East Main (1960's)
Mayfield (2010-2013)
Mayfield's 1995 1A team was very good
Killer in the Sun Wrote:Mayfield's 1995 1A team was very good

Yes, they were. I tried to only mention teams that went on runs more than one year. That's why I didn't include them.

:Thumbs:
the best 1 A team ever was from a differen't state Smile
The first Kentucky HS football team to repeat. THE 87', 88', & 89' PIKEVILLE PANTHERS!! :redboxer:
This is it 14
I see where you have had very few post all but 3 are attack other fans, Show me where A Williamsburg fan has said anything about Pikeville You can't go troll somewhere else.
Hatz Wrote:Best Teams

Beechwood (1990's)
Pikeville (1987-1989)
Paris (1981-1984)
Ft Campbell (1976-1978)
Lynch East Main (1960's)
Mayfield (2010-2013)

NCC was awfully good in the 2000s
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:NCC was awfully good in the 2000s

I could see putting them there but then I would also have to add Danville who beat them in two out of three match ups. :Thumbs:
There is no merit in comparing teams from different eras. first they will never play so its impossible to settle. Second, you are just going to offend someone's fan base by trying. Also, There are too many ways to try to justify your basis, suchas as points scored, points given up, records and others. This almost always results in bias towards a team the poster likes because they are from that area. That is why they should never be thrown out as a definite.
mysonis55 Wrote:There is no merit in comparing teams from different eras. first they will never play so its impossible to settle. Second, you are just going to offend someone's fan base by trying. Also, There are too many ways to try to justify your basis, suchas as points scored, points given up, records and others. This almost always results in bias towards a team the poster likes because they are from that area. That is why they should never be thrown out as a definite.

That's why listed programs but not in any order of greatness.

The whole notion of trying to go by class and answering this thread is impossible because of the fluidity of the teams that have moved in and out of different classes and then really made things odd with the creation of the 6 class system. :Thumbs:
mysonis55 Wrote:Us, NCC, Bardstown and Danville keep bouncing back in forth to 2a. Looking at Beechwood's facilities and geographic area, I don't see how they manage to stay at 1a.

30 going on 40 Wrote:Bc Ft. Mitchell's school district is sandwiched in Kenton County near Scott, really close to Dixie, and with CovCath drawing the Blessed Sacrament kids. The capacity of their school won't allow it over the threshold, or if it did, just barely.

Please remember that Beechwood's campus is K through12th grade. While it looks big it accomodates what many handle over multiple campuses. One gym, one football field, soccer uses baseball outfield, softball use football field.

In addition to above comments about other schools, people stay in Ft Mitchell long after their kids are gone not allowing other families with kids to move in. Beechwood has gotten larger over the years but mostly because kids either go public or private all the way through.
They seem to have a really nice campus and it looks like that would draw.
Without a doubt ...Pikeville during their run of terror in the 80's
1987 Pikeville Panthers "The Beast From The East"
Lynch east main has to be in the conversation.
I really think it is disrespectful to all the state champions to rank the past winners. They played hard and were the ultimate team for the year they won it all. They didn't have a chance to play the teams we are mentioning. This is just some old guys chest thumping to feel better, but in doing so we are degrading some really good ball teams.
Hatz Wrote:Best Teams

Beechwood (1990's)
Pikeville (1987-1989)
Paris (1981-1984)
Ft Campbell (1976-1978)
Lynch East Main (1960's)
Mayfield (2010-2014)

Fixed that for you:Thumbs:
I have to go with Beechwood. That 90's run was as dominating as any period by any team in any class. Not often a 1A team gets mentioned as the best in the state regardless of class.
I remember playing Lynch and Coach Miracle back in the 60s...They had some really good teams...