Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Lawrence County 9/26
Do-double-gg Wrote:Got to see some film of the Raceland-v-Coal Grove game. Coal Grove was having some success running the ball around the edge. The Dawg's have some pretty good speed in the backfield if they can exploit this.

Coal Grove had quite a bit of success running the ball on the edges in the first half, especially when they put that 6'7" offensive lineman in the backfield. I think Raceland made the proper adjustments at halftime and took most of the edge runs away in the second half.
CG rushed for around 120 yds and 3 tds in the first half. In the second half they rushed for 80 and 1 td. Good adjustments if u ask me. This shoukd be a great ball game.
Going to have a preview of this game tomorrow night 7:00 on WZAQ 92.3 as we will be talking with both head coaches.
Got to see a little practice today 9/24. We had a few people playing on defense who need to be on defense. Don't know if you will see em start on defense on friday, but they will be ready if needed. Everyone who was out in the East Carter game is back and the team looks sharp. I like our chances in this game. I look for #11 to blow up and have a statement game and I also think number's #3 and #8 could have big games. Can't wait till Friday night.
Coupon21 Wrote:Greenup held Raceland to 19 points not counting the td at the end of the game when it was clearly over. If Lc can do the same, they should win this one.

it's not clearly over until the clock says 0000000 on it
Raceland 31

Lawrence County 28
Good write up in Ashland paper today on both teams. Independent writers picking Raceland over Lawrence. LC is used to being the "UNDERDAWG". Might end up LC looking like over achievers. Two teams everybody hopes get beat every game, in any sport, in eastern Ky, is Ashland and Lawrence County. Sometimes LC gets lucky and ekes out a win. Hopefully LC can catch a break this year and come out with a win even if it is their last scrimmage game before the real season starts.
I have all the respect in the world for Raceland. I've always been a fan from my playing days they are always physical and well coached. I look at this game as a good test to see where we are at. I still feel our time will come in the next couple of seasons. Just like any other time I always expect us to win every time we step on the field. If we happen to lose there is no shame in that at all as Raceland is top notch in my book! I hope both teams stay injury free and I look for a great game!!!!!
54 for low tonight and no rain, perfect football weather, I can't wait Confusedinglepar
Just got done looking at some stats. The teams are nearly polar opposites offensively. LC in standard dawg fashion will like to ground and pound and use screens and play a tion to get the ball in their skill guys hands. Raceland will spread you out and run with the traps/counters and have more of a verticle passing game . Both offenses are loaded with tallent and playmakers.

Defensively is where I see the edge going to Raceland. The Rams allowed just 66 yards rushing to Boyd County and Lawrence gave up 250. Maybe there were injuries or some big plays later in the game when it was already in hand, but if Boyd put a legit 250 on LC's defense AND Raceland shows the physicality in the run game that they did against CG it will be a long night for the Dawgs. Raceland has to avoid giving up the big play to Dalton.

Both teams have their work cut out for them defensively. With all the atheletes on the field, its goinabe hard to double team anyone. Dalton/Messer is a match up Im particularly interested in. Young will probably be on the Island when the Dawgs are on offense. Goina be a great night of football for sure. Last year and what I expect tonight to be, are what has made this rivalry so great in the last . Glad to see it back to getting the attention it deserves.
Good measuring stick for both programs. Lawrence County needs to win big to prove they are a contender this year. Raceland needs to win to show that they are as good as they appear. Going with the Rams by 7.
Lifelong LC fan here but I believe Raceland has played the tougher schedule and is the better team. Heres hoping to a great game tonight in Louisa, travel safe all my pals from Worthington.