Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 51 Allen Central 8
Final. I don't have any stats, just got the final through a text.
Tigers take of business, other than the multiple cheap shots the game went as expected with the exception of the Tiger run defense. Darren Morris was a man on fire :devilflam
Just an observation: I attended this game as well as the JV game between these two teams that was played earlier this week. In all my nearly 50 years of watching KY High School football, I have very seldom witnessed a more consistent display of poor sportsmanship and downright dirty play than that which was displayed both the Varsity and JV squads from Allen Central, the coaching staffs for their Varsity and their JV teams, and their "fans." And I use this term very loosely. Late hits, dirty play and flagrant attempts to injure the opposing players were applauded and even encouraged by the coaches and fans in the stands, and when it finally escalated into an appalling melee at the end of the JV game, the fans in the stands came to the railing, not to attempt to keep peace or assure the safety of their kids, but instead to further ignite the fighting. This administration really needs to investigate their entire football program, and clean it up significantly before something catastrophic occurs at one of their future contests. Absolutely disgraceful behavior by student athletes, coaches and parents equally.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Just an observation: I attended this game as well as the JV game between these two teams that was played earlier this week. In all my nearly 50 years of watching KY High School football, I have very seldom witnessed a more consistent display of poor sportsmanship and downright dirty play than that which was displayed both the Varsity and JV squads from Allen Central, the coaching staffs for their Varsity and their JV teams, and their "fans." And I use this term very loosely. Late hits, dirty play and flagrant attempts to injure the opposing players were applauded and even encouraged by the coaches and fans in the stands, and when it finally escalated into an appalling melee at the end of the JV game, the fans in the stands came to the railing, not to attempt to keep peace or assure the safety of their kids, but instead to further ignite the fighting. This administration really needs to investigate their entire football program, and clean it up significantly before something catastrophic occurs at one of their future contests. Absolutely disgraceful behavior by student athletes, coaches and parents equally.

I agree Coach, the cheap shots weren't the garden variety they were actual attempts to injure and that is disturbing to say because that kind play is a direct result of the philosophy by the coaching staff and the lack of discipline and respect taught by them plain and simple.
P-ville takes this one with ease!!!!!!!!!!
It truly is a shame to hear that stuff took place on the field after who and what Allen Central is playing for. There's nothing wrong with intensity and playing hard between the whistles but that's where it should stop.

I hope these issues are addressed and that the players are held to a higher standard of sportsmanship throughout the rest of the season.
Paintsville is playing well now.
I watched these games as well. Both sides had personal fouls in both games. The fight in the jv game broke out due to the flagrant face masks that were not called when paintsville players ripped the helmet off of Central kids on two consecutive plays. Lastly the tackler from Paintsville put a fist under the facemask and into the face of a Central ball carrier when the fighting bagan. There were examples of poor sportsmanship on both sides and having watched Central play this year multiple times this game was the first time all season that they have had any issues. To say that this is coaching philosophy on the part of Central coach is an assumption on your part and knowing the men that coach this team it is an assumption that is incorrect. I will agree that some of the parents got upset and added more fuel to the fire in the situation. Lastly if you think that there were no players on your side of the field that did anything wrong I think you are giving Paintsville too much credit. These boys will learn from this on both sides. Their coaches will coach these mistakes and these young men on both sides will display better sportsmanship going forward.
The fight that ended the JV game was triggered by an AC player deliberately twisting the foot and leg of the Paintsville player after the tackle on the AC sideline. This is according to the official that threw the personal foul flag on the kid. The official said to the kid "You've got to be kidding me as he threw the flag on him." Dirty play.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:It truly is a shame to hear that stuff took place on the field after who and what Allen Central is playing for. There's nothing wrong with intensity and playing hard between the whistles but that's where it should stop.

I hope these issues are addressed and that the players are held to a higher standard of sportsmanship throughout the rest of the season.

IMO, this is a pure lack of respect to even say this, who they play for has nothing to do with this. Very disrespectful to the young man. One thing does not effect the way they honor their brother
The boy that twisted the other players leg was in the varsity game. The Lawson boy ejected for it & is suspended for this week because of kt