Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Belfry 8/22
What's your thoughts on this scrimmage. Should present both teams with some excellent obstacles.
My advice cancel this scrimmage hazard. :popcorn:
Who is the QB now at Hazard? They come in 2 year cycles, don't they? Hopefully someone who can sling it around and test Belfry's secondary very nicely. Belfry needs a little work up front from what I've heard, so hopefully we'll make a big progress after Scrimmage #1.
64SUR Wrote:My advice cancel this scrimmage hazard. :popcorn:

:lame::ChairHit::gtfo:
Anyone know what time it will start?
Belfry0304 Wrote:Who is the QB now at Hazard? They come in 2 year cycles, don't they? Hopefully someone who can sling it around and test Belfry's secondary very nicely. Belfry needs a little work up front from what I've heard, so hopefully we'll make a big progress after Scrimmage #1.

Tanner Morgan he can sling it just need a little time and I don't see belfry letting him.Tanner Morgan is going to be a good one at hazard. :Cheerlead
This will be a good test for both. A few weeks ago these two participated in a 7on7 and hazard was catching everything. Our secondary wasn't really clicking then. Now it's a different story. The secondary played great against the pass against Richlands, Va. So I'm anxious to see just how much improved our secondary is compared to the same team from a few weeks ago. As for hazard stopping our run, I don't see that happening. Should be good for both teams.
I would love to attend. Hope both come out injury free.
jetpilot Wrote:Anyone know what time it will start?

Most time at 6 at Belfry, but will post for sure when I find out.
Teams should be tested and gain a lot out of this scrimmage.
Eager to see how Morgan handles a very good pass rush for Belfry and see if he can pick apart the secondary.
I love the way Hazard schedules in preseason and the season.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I love the way Hazard schedules in preseason and the season.

No doubt hazard has a potentially brutal schedule this year
I look for Belfry to take Hazard to the wood-shed in the 1st half and sub. heavily in the 2nd!
Anyone think these teams scrimmage Thursday so these teams who scout there opponents for the following week. It could be possible to start it earlier and hazard could scout Pikeville.
Pirates sail away with this one!!

Good luck to both teams; injury free game!
Hard to "dominate" or "sail away" in a 10/10 scrimmage format. But thanks to those who have given Belfry a vote of confidence. You will be able to get a general feel for which team is better.

As a fan - prefer a scrimmage that is more gamelike or at least controlled but with down and distance. Oh well, I'm excited to hear the reports from Belfry and Hazard fans alike!
bac2369 Wrote:Anyone think these teams scrimmage Thursday so these teams who scout there opponents for the following week. It could be possible to start it earlier and hazard could scout Pikeville.

Highly Doubtful.

For starters Hazard has a decent little drive over to Belfry as it is... don't think they could justify leaving school much earlier.

The bigger issue is heat. Knowing how Dixon and Haywood roll they would not try to do anything that jeopardizes their player's health or ability to play the next week that could come from the added toll of starting a scrimmage at around 5:30.

Finally, Haywood loves scrimmages I think more for his reserves and JV than his varsity sometimes. He loves getting these guys useful snaps and trying new combinations.
I agree neither coach will put there kids in harms way. I do think there will be some coaches scouting though.
bac2369 Wrote:I agree neither coach will put there kids in harms way. I do think there will be some coaches scouting though.

I will say there will definitely be an assistant coach or two missing that night HAHA
I think the scrimmage will be descent. Hazard will definitely test our db's and even more our linebackers and ends. They like to throw quick outs and short routes in the middle of the field. They have a wide out that seemed to be around 6'4" and catches everything thrown his way. He will be an issue for our corners. Belfry will have to speed up the qb's thought process and force him to make bad throws. On our behalf we will run all over em.
Got stormed out early on.

Belfry looked real good in what scion there was scoring twice and having another big play on one of the remaining plays of the 10 and out.

Hazard only had one series and moved to around the 40.

Report I got was X had two big runs including a TD. Taylor ran the other on the option and also had a long pass completion. Hatfield was held out.

For Hazard fans he said Hazard has an impressive 1A team both in size and athletes. Said they will be real good on offense but may struggle a bit on defense against a big physical line. Good news is no one in 1A has the Oline Belfry has.
Are they going to attempt to play some more today?
A couple of things from the scrimmage.

Belfry- extremely athletic on offense, huge Oline, like always timing is off early in the season, BIG PLAY potential on every snap.
Defensively looked very stout, should be what carries them through the early part of the season while the wrinkles are being worked out offensively.

Hazard-outside of Mayfield, maybe the most size and athleticism from a single A team in the state, QB had a good arm and was very poised in the pocket.

Heard from someone attending the game who also watched Johnson Central scrimmage Cabell Midland and said the game just sounded different from a physicality stand point. Said the JC game you could barely hear pads popping at any point.