Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Booher "retiring from coaching" leaves Holmes
Mike Fields from Herald-Leader says former Shelby Valley head coach Jason Booher has resigned from Holmes after a four-year coaching run and is currently writing a book about surviving the Carrollton bus crash as a child, and his "magical ride" in high school basketball.

Rumor is that Booher will be named assistant principal and new athletics director at Pikeville. PHS will have a site based meeting tonight.
Booher released a statement earlier today about his retirement from coaching and how he is looking forward to spending time watching his son and daughter participate in sports as they are in middle school. He also says he has professional goals in education he wants to achieve over the next few years.
A good coach and a better person.
Coach Booher is a class act and will be missed in NKY! Wish him and his family nothing but the best of luck and a smooth transition into their new endeavors. I predict that he will eventually retire from education and coach at the college level...Good Luck Coach!
Hes coming back to eastern kentucky i heard his wife wanted to move closer to home he will coach again in the near future.
Great to hear he is heading back to the mountains! Not a better man out there. Who knows maybe he will end up with Coach Wells down the road.
Good luck to coach Booher. Class act all the way.
I thought Booher was a great fit for Holmes, and still think he's a great fit. Holmes is a tough school to work in, but he found a way to make it work. Good luck to the Boohers, Covington will miss you
Jason Booher will do a great job at Pikeville. A great addition. TongueirateSho
Great man walking away from a prolific coaching career! I bet he slips in on a couple PHS basketball practices just to watch what is going on.
Yes he will and who knows he may end up back coaching high school in a couple of years
With Dave Thomas as Principal now, and the addition of Jason Booher as assistant Principal and AD, future looks very bright at PHS. Two great men with sports backgrounds.
Elisha Justice will be the Head Coach at Pikeville High School within 2 years if not this year. Book it!
Booher is a great addition to the Pikeville schools and the community as a whole. He is a true class act and very good guy.