Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Al Gover on his way out at Pulaski County
Hearing around the county that he's gone he just don't know it. Any truth to that?
Kevin Spurlock will be the new coach at Pulaski.
Im hearing from a co worker that McCrearys Rob Jones is a candidate. Would that be a good move?
Definitely time for a change at PC! Hope you're right Big Man!
Big man 45 Wrote:Hearing around the county that he's gone he just don't know it. Any truth to that?
I would love to see a decent coach at PC, but they have to much support from the right people around Somerset. One families agenda is far more important than PC basketball.
:worthy::worthy:Kevin Spurlock would be a poor choice. Lots of good coaches available. Watched PC play earlier in the year and they have a lot of young talent.
Why would they want him gone? They lost their two leading scorers from last year, no?
11thRegionHoops Wrote:Why would they want him gone? They lost their two leading scorers from last year, no?

Simply because Gover is a terrible coach and kids have transferred/quit or simply don't play because of the way the program is run. The kids at PC deserve better with the amount of talent that could be there if the Govers were gone.

Gover couldn't coach his two leading scorers to a regional win much less build a winning program. Gover has been coach at PC two different times and both times he had talent but simply can't get it done.
I hear Rob Jones is a good players coach
baller789 To say coach Gover is a terrible coach is simply inaccurate. From what Ive seen the man can coach. I'm sure there were tons of teams around the state who fell short of their expectations last year just like you feel but it didn't happen for them as well. Things happen during the course of a game that you can't draw up on a chalkboard.
steel city gal Wrote:Im hearing from a co worker that McCrearys Rob Jones is a candidate. Would that be a good move?

No. Look at his record at MCC as AD. Other sports have been terrible. He would not mesh well with Hines at PC.
Woody Hayes Wrote:baller789 To say coach Gover is a terrible coach is simply inaccurate. From what Ive seen the man can coach. I'm sure there were tons of teams around the state who fell short of their expectations last year just like you feel but it didn't happen for them as well. Things happen during the course of a game that you can't draw up on a chalkboard.

You couldn't have seen much. If you call sitting in your chair and scratching your head because you don't know what to do coaching then I guess you're right. If you have ever watched much of PC basketball you would know there is no offense or defense.
Rob Jones would coach circles around current staff.
jim rome Wrote:Rob Jones would coach circles around current staff.

Wow!! There may some problems there but Rob Jones coaching circles around PC staff is a crazy statement. :insane:
Go after Billy Hicks and then have the best coach in Region
Current coaching staff will be there 3 more years. Pulaski just not serious about winning region titles.
Hey woody Hayes I don't really know if you was at the PC game or not but I was. To say that al Gover is a good coach is the worst/untrue statement ever. The guy sit there and let his team get there butt's handed to them. Another thing Gover let his son shoot the ball 20 "BAD" shots and probably had 10 turnovers an not say anything. Gover doesn't care about the team he just wants his son to be an all star and get in the 1000 point club he doesn't care about pulaski basketball. If his son would actually pass the ball they could beat some good teams. And oh yea play a little defense would be nice. And Al Gover didn't even play his senior but 5 min at the most and he has played and put up with the prick for 4 years. I think I'm just gonna stay home from now on it's just sickening to go watch daddy ball.
I have also heard Kevin Spurlock's name associated with this job. You have to wonder though if he would even want to get back into coaching after the fiasco at Perry County Central. Still, I think it would be best for PC to make a change as Al Gover has had his fair share of talent and still cannot get it done.
Kevin Spurlock??? Not sure would be right fit.
Basketball Guru Wrote:Kevin Spurlock??? Not sure would be right fit.

As long as he doesn't have a son or nephew playing and has any knowledge of basketball he would be a great fit. Not sure you have seen PC team play the last 5 years, anything would be an upgrade.
I totally agree at this point after watching such poorly coached teams with a lot of talent. Anything and anybody could do better than what PC has had for the past 5 years!
After last nights game...Rob Jones doesnt sound like a bad idea.
jim rome Wrote:After last nights game...Rob Jones doesnt sound like a bad idea.
I agree Jim Rome!
:hilarious:

Come on now. You want Rob Jones ( McCreary Central 1-22) to replace Gover??? Surely you Jest!!!!
:lame::lame::lame::lame::lame:
Cellking Wrote:Come on now. You want Rob Jones ( McCreary Central 1-22) to replace Gover??? Surely you Jest!!!!
:lame::lame::lame::lame::lame:

I guess it's just that bad! PC needs a change and their players and fans are willing to take anything they can get. It's obvious the players are not motivated to play and that's starts with a coach and PC sure doesn't have one.

Gover could beat Jones with with his middle school team. This is funny
fanantic Wrote:Gover could beat Jones with with his middle school team. This is funny

That is probably a true statement. The middle school team is better than the high school team. That is for now until they get to high school and have to play for Gover. Gover can't coach and knows nothing about team chemistry because he is always focused on making one of his own family members a superstar.:biglmao:
in reference to redstorm:
The only way Billy Hicks could be the best coach in the Region would be for Rodney Woods to step down. Coach Woods wins with the talent that is homegrown.

I forgot about coach Jackson at Lincoln, he would have to quit also.
baller789 Wrote:That is probably a true statement. The middle school team is better than the high school team. That is for now until they get to high school and have to play for Gover. Gover can't coach and knows nothing about team chemistry because he is always focused on making one of his own family members a superstar.:biglmao:

Gover is a heck of a player. If for some reason there was a new coach, the Gover kid would still be the point and one of the best players on the floor for PC.
fanantic Wrote:Gover is a heck of a player. If for some reason there was a new coach, the Gover kid would still be the point and one of the best players on the floor for PC.

I would agree with that statement as well but as it has been the past 5 years the coaches have to realize there are other players on the floor besides their own.