Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Ind. boys basketball drama!
Crazier things have happened, i recall a coach at clay county bitting a player on the nose during a game. Kid ended up with a new mustang and bass boat...just saying
Im all Hc but it sounds like some of u people are still drinking that Tim Saylor juice.
Not me. I don't repeat anything unless I know it to be true. As far as drinking the Kool-Aid is concerned, that has never been me. And I don't give a damn what people's last names are.

The truth is the truth, and it will stand when the world burns.
I understand that Miller has been reinstated on the Dragon basketball team. Can anybody confirm?
It has just been confirmed to me through a PM that Miller is being allowed to travel with the Harlan Green Dragons, and sit with the team. I don't believe he will be allowed to dress with the team or play any games for the rest of the year.

As far as his reinstatement is concerned, that will be decided later in the year, according to my source.

Now, NOT my source, but just from me.....I can't see this being allowed unless a reinstatement is imminent. I personally believe Miller will play next year for the Dragons.
Where was Big Daddy Derik Akul when all this went down? Did he take anyone to jail?
Akal is the girl's basketball coach. I don't believe the girls were playing that night.
Granny I have heard the same thing about him being back on the team. I know he traveled with them last night but didn't dress. I am kind of surprised Parks allowed him back on the team after walking away like that but I am also one to give a kid a second chance. I will say this though, this is not the first time that Miller has refused to go back into a game. So I guess my question is, when do you draw the line as a coach?
I'm not sure how you determine when and where to draw a line with a kid like this. He has so much talent and should be afforded an opportunity to realize his potential.

I'm sure the Harlan Independent coaching staff will be a positive influence for him.
Some kids just dont get it as quick as others and some never get it. That is things such as discipline and mental toughness along with this thing called TEAM basketball. Hopefully, for the sake of the kid, his family and the Harlan program Tyler will learn from the mistakes he's made and he will grow up and buy into playing for the benefit of his team first and himself 2nd. I have heard he apologized to all his teammates and coaches and that is an excellent start to rebuilding his relationship with them all. I hope the people around Tyler will guide him in the right direction also, hopefully all this adversity will motivate him in the future to even greater heights than has been expected of him so far. There still is time to get it right and I am pulling for the kid to do just that.......
I believe everyone is pulling for the kid BBC. When it comes down to the future of a teenager and his athletic ability, it's time to put ALL personal agendas aside.