Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 70 Cordia 61
MidnightRider Wrote:I'm not taking anything away from Knott I'm just saying a team that shoots 40 free throws in a game, especially a high school game, is a head scratcher.

Yes you are! You are saying the fouls called on Knott had no effect on the game, but the fouls called on cordia did have an effect on the game!!! So what you are saying the refs won the game and the play of Knott County had nothing to do with it.

By the way 40 free throws is a lot for a high school game but most came when cordia was intentually fouling to create turnovers and extend the game.
40 fts is alot more common than you might think..seen it and more alot this year
the crossover Wrote:How many of the high powered teams will allow this if Rod is smart he will take the mindset of a good point guard learn the team strength and weakness and utilize them putting players in position to score and not exposing the weakness. He has a good team he has to play to win and leave basketball politics alone. I say this because if I was coaching I would attack CC with the double every time he got the ball and get him tired. Rhodes not going to rest him. And for the record I agree CC has been carrying the team and is talented (very).

Catchings is pretty good too!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Yes you are! You are saying the fouls called on Knott had no effect on the game, but the fouls called on cordia did have an effect on the game!!! So what you are saying the refs won the game and the play of Knott County had nothing to do with it.

By the way 40 free throws is a lot for a high school game but most came when cordia was intentually fouling to create turnovers and extend the game.

When a team scores 31 points on 40 attempts from the foul line and their top scorer, justice 36, scored 17 of those 36 from the line then yes there's something to say there. This Knott county team can play and they're good we all know that. But 40 attempts? 18 attempts from one player? A player that's primarily a shooter? Doesn't look right to me that's all I'm saying. Knott won the game they made key plays when needed too. Refs in the 14th are inconsistent and known, for years, of not calling games both ways.
MidnightRider Wrote:When a team scores 31 points on 40 attempts from the foul line and their top scorer, justice 36, scored 17 of those 36 from the line then yes there's something to say there. This Knott county team can play and they're good we all know that. But 40 attempts? 18 attempts from one player? A player that's primarily a shooter? Doesn't look right to me that's all I'm saying. Knott won the game they made key plays when needed too. Refs in the 14th are inconsistent and known, for years, of not calling games both ways.

Like I said you must not watch any basketball games! Justice does a lot more than primarily shoot!!! He is gonna get fouled a lot. Yes he shot 18 free throws, he should have shot 30!!!
did anyone watch the all A. Rhodes used the same strategy . What can the refs do when a team fouls the entire 4th quarter on purpose. When a team is doing this the other team gives the ball to there best shooter. The game was never in question, so the refs could not make a difference. Unless they don't call a foul when a player is trying to foul.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Like I said you must not watch any basketball games! Justice does a lot more than primarily shoot!!! He is gonna get fouled a lot. Yes he shot 18 free throws, he should have shot 30!!!

I've watched, played, and coached a many actually. When I say primarily a shooter the stats, film, and all the games I've seen him play in back it up. Per KHSAA Justice has attempted 304 field goals this season. 132 of those being three's leaving 172 from inside the three point line. I'm gonna go ahead and say those other 172 weren't all lay ups? Having shot 132 three pointers alone shows he's a shooter! Will anyone else agree that Justice is a primarily a jump shooter? Not saying he can't drive off the dribble but that's not the best part of his game by no means. This kid shoots it and that's his job. Not knocking him because he hits shots at a high rate. He is a jump shot first player. He's a great talent but I'm just stating what I've seen and the numbers.
47% from 3,, 58% field goals pretty much points out "shooter" every day of the week for a guard. He can and does drive with success. But if you can nail shots outside as he does,, why drive a lot?

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:47% from 3,, 58% field goals pretty much points out "shooter" every day of the week for a guard. He can and does drive with success. But if you can nail shots outside as he does,, why drive a lot?

Mix1...

I agree with that I was just making the point that he's primarily a shooter a jump shot first player which is fine!! He does that well.