Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 43 Shelby Valley 42
Final from the Ridge. East Ridge moves to 2-0 in 59th District play while Valley falls to 2-1.
All Valley has to do now is win at home, and they get the # 1 seed.
Must be nice to know that one more "Regular Season" win will get you into the Regional Tourny.
OffTheHook Wrote:Must be nice to know that one more "Regular Season" win will get you into the Regional Tourny.

That will all change next year though
Warthog Wrote:All Valley has to do now is win at home, and they get the # 1 seed.

Assuming East Ridge beats Pikeville at home, and loses to Valley, how do you get this? I'd see an equal record of 3-1 for each team.
Real Badman Wrote:Assuming East Ridge beats Pikeville at home, and loses to Valley, how do you get this? I'd see an equal record of 3-1 for each team.

If East Ridge beats Pikeville and Valley beats ER at Valley, then the tiebreaker goes to the winner of the second game in the 59th.

So Valley controls their own destiny
Warthog Wrote:If East Ridge beats Pikeville and Valley beats ER at Valley, then the tiebreaker goes to the winner of the second game in the 59th.

So Valley controls their own destiny

I highly doubt this is the way they determine a tie. What citation can you make on this?
I know this is true for a fact
Ask McCoy if you don't believe me bub.
Only way there is a coin flip, is if there is a 3 way tie.
Real Badman Wrote:I highly doubt this is the way they determine a tie. What citation can you make on this?

I was shocked by this as well.
It is sad but true
Well bub, it seems you're right. What a dumb rule. I'd imagine region record should be a better indicator.
I agree something is better than this.
I was told that either the coaches voted on this or the ADs at the schools did,
Who in their right mind would vote like this?

It benefits SV this year and it may benefit ER next.
Who knows
Not sure McCoy is correct on how the 59th seeds. Seeding is based on the second game, not the first. Tiebreakers are determined using head to head match-ups.
TheChief Wrote:Not sure McCoy is correct on how the 59th seeds. Seeding is based on the second game, not the first. Tiebreakers are determined using head to head match-ups.

The second game is right.
What I am saying, is that if SV beats ER on Feb 7th, that is the second game. This means they split in head to head, so tie breaker goes to winner of second game.
With Tyler Carr Shelby Valley averaged 71.1 PPG and gave up 54.4 PPG, for a margin of +16.7.

Without Tyler Carr Shelby Valley has averaged 50.3 PPG and has given up 51.7 PPG, for a margin of -1.4.

That would suggest Tyler Carr is worth +20.8 on offense and -2.7 defensively, for a margin of +18.1.

Shelby Valley has played 15 games with Tyler Carr (including Johnson Central, Hazard, Lexington Christian, Wayne County) and 7 without him (including Betsy Layne, Male, Breathitt, East Ridge).
The King Wrote:With Tyler Carr Shelby Valley averaged 71.1 PPG and gave up 54.4 PPG, for a margin of +16.7.

Without Tyler Carr Shelby Valley has averaged 50.3 PPG and has given up 51.7 PPG, for a margin of -1.4.

That would suggest Tyler Carr is worth +20.8 on offense and -2.7 defensively, for a margin of +18.1.

Shelby Valley has played 15 games with Tyler Carr (including Johnson Central, Hazard, Lexington Christian, Wayne County) and 7 without him (including Betsy Layne, Male, Breathitt, East Ridge).

Any word on his return?
East Ridge is a good basketball team and they are playing better, they had a lot of games canceled they seem to be playing better the more they play.
The game at SV should be a dandy as well
A lot is riding on this game
Tyler says he knee feels great and if all goes well, he should return this week or next.
Great to hear BGCat
it sounds like you all are saying with carr valley is awesome without they suck. lol
It seems for the past several years the winning teams depend on recruits.... KHSAA might as well say go for it.... And that would be fine.... Just want rules on a level playing field...
Why would you say that they suck?
cardsrule Wrote:it sounds like you all are saying with carr valley is awesome without they suck. lol

They don't suck without him, they have beaten Pikeville twice, lost to two good teams in Breathitt County & Male, and played East Ridge to within a point on the road.

Anytime a team loses their leading scorer it takes a toll on the team. Shelby Valley can compete without him, but is more of a true contender with him.

Shelby Valley is my pick to win the region if Carr is healthy.
With a healthy Carr IMO this Valley team can win the 15th.