Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co 50 Paintsville 49 final
Dawgs go to 5-1 in the district. 15-7 on the season.
Close but still a win by the dawgs.
Nice close win
Tigers are gonna be a tough out come Didtrict. If they keep playin this way.
Congrats LC. Not a pretty game at all...
gotta a feeling Tigers will be a hard out come tourney time!
where is 57th played this year?
Johnson Central
LC is not got it together yet, but yet find a way to win games. For some reason, this team plays better win they play teams with good records. It's hard to play hard and get up for a bad team. They still got a month to get better and so does every one else.
Wildcat man Wrote:LC is not got it together yet, but yet find a way to win games. For some reason, this team plays better win they play teams with good records. It's hard to play hard and get up for a bad team. They still got a month to get better and so does every one else.

you couldn't be more wrong. it was paintsville. i don't care if they were 0-20 or 20-0, it was PAINTSVILLE! if this team couldn't get up for them, then that has me more worried that they can go on a tournament run. they have the talent. if they couldn't get "up" for a rival like paintsville, then i don't know.....

if i were playing checkers with a guy from paintsville, i'd be pumped up with my face and chest painted probably. :Thumbs:
This same LC team was a much better team last year...(maybe Cyrus made THAT big of a difference?)
I've watched them play three times this season. Loads of talent, just don't play team ball on either end of the court.
This district will be a battle
LC 2012-13 District Record 5-6
LC 2013-14 District Record 5-1... ( But LC isn't better????)

It's really sad how the LC fans are. I kind of feel sorry for the Lawrence County Basketball team, true fans and parents should support the team. The comments they make on here are unbelievable.
Wildcat man Wrote:LC is not got it together yet, but yet find a way to win games. For some reason, this team plays better win they play teams with good records. It's hard to play hard and get up for a bad team. They still got a month to get better and so does every one else.
Come on Wildcat Man to say Paintsville is not a worthy opponent is just a cheap shot. That's what happens teams get better as the season progresses .The tigers are a much improved team(better defense) and hopefully they'll get some shots to fall. Should make for a fun district. But that's just my opinion.:Thumbs:
Lawrence peaked way to early
Warthog Wrote:Lawrence peaked way to early
Well I don't know about that,but PHS has come on lately. LC is still one of my favorite's, verry good ball movement.great Energy(defense) and patients. :redboxer: Don't read much into one game, but watch out for the Tigers I think you'll be alright come district play.:Cheerlead
The difference is everyone they play moves the ball around well and takes good shot selections. LC takes way too many contested shots. Making a few extra passes to get a good open shot would make a world of difference. LC has to learn to rely on each other instead of trying to force something to happen. They need to work the ball around and let it happen.
LC is lacking a lot of maturity to be as good a team as they can be at this point.
I think what people tend to forget about this LC team is that they are made up of ALL Freshman and Sophomores... with the exception of 2 juniors who never see the floor.

Give them time... they will be fine I believe.
From LC and agree 100% with you. BasketballIQ
Pretty good team now!! If parents and old coaches don't tear them apart!!!
Team Ball? They have 4 kids averaging double figures almost 5.
BasketballIQ Wrote:LC 2012-13 District Record 5-6
LC 2013-14 District Record 5-1... ( But LC isn't better????)

It's really sad how the LC fans are. I kind of feel sorry for the Lawrence County Basketball team, true fans and parents should support the team. The comments they make on here are unbelievable.

Well Put: Thumbs:
Lawrence is young, but this score is shocking.
BBALL41 Wrote:Team Ball? They have 4 kids averaging double figures almost 5.

Individual scoring averages have absolutely NOTHING to do with playing team ball. They don't work for each other screening, cutting and passing to get the best shots for their team. They don't rotate and "help defend" well to deny the opposition. They could be a whole lot better. Very talented individuals.
The few games I had the opportunity to watch them play they were pretty impressive. Still a very young team with room to grow. I think they will a really tough team come tournament time and years to follow. Josh cook seems to be doing a real good job and has the horses to play.