Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 80 Prestonsburg 65
Not a pretty win but win is a win. This team still has a lot of work to d, 2 much street ball no offense what so ever. One on one show me what you got out of control throw it up hope I get fouled. Coach needs to teach how to play team ball make the extra pass and this team would be a lot better. If this don't happen there not going to beat good teams.
My bad the score was 80 -65 was the score.
Wildcat man Wrote:Not a pretty win but win is a win. This team still has a lot of work to d, 2 much street ball no offense what so ever. One on one show me what you got out of control throw it up hope I get fouled. Coach needs to teach how to play team ball make the extra pass and this team would be a lot better. If this don't happen there not going to beat good teams.

maybe we can break out the 1982 bulldog uniforms with the tight short shorts, and maybe even the high tube socks too. go back to wearing the chuck taylors even. the "four corners" style is over man. time to get past that. the new offense is the spread them out and find the biggest mismatch and exploit it one-on-one. these boys play good team ball. just because you don't approve doesn't mean they aren't.
One on one is fine, no team can match up with LC in the 15. That's why most teams play a zone on them. All I'm saying is win you drive to the basket and 2 or 3 players pick u up some one is open, make the extra pass don't just throw it up hoping to get fouled. That's what good teams do they share the ball.
LC has a nice group of talent and continue to improve. Wildcat man makes a good point about the zone. You got to attack the zone and either score or kick it to the open man... basketball 101. Which I believe LC does well, most of the time.
Wildcat man Wrote:My bad the score was 80 -65 was the score.

Fixed
This team is at it's best when it presses and gets out and runs. They are a high tempo, high energy team. They missed a lot of shots last night not to mention free throws and they still scored 80? I'm happy with that
Congrats on the win LC.

Blackcats get back to work and prepare for the next one. Good luck.
I believe, in team ball, in any sport, if you intend to go any where. I've been around, quite a while, seen it all.
Was, you happy with last tourney score ? My point. You gotta play team ball, to move forward.