3. Mayfield
4. Caldwell Co
5. Graves Co.
6. Murray
7. PT
8. South Warren
9. Warren Central
10. Henderson
I still think we were better than McCracken. I don't buy in to the whole they got better later. We beat them. Therefore we are better. Next year they should be better but we were better this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:I still think we were better than McCracken. I don't buy in to the whole they got better later. We beat them. Therefore we are better. Next year they should be better but we were better this year.

55 what order would you put mccracken tilghman and caldwell ive been debating this after seeing all 3 play mayfield im still not sure i would put caldwell at the top even though they won alot of dropped balls by mayfield that night i feel mayfield cramping in the 2nd half helped mccracken rally back and i felt mayfield got 2 conservative against tilghman
I will give it to Caldwell for beating us. Now that season is over all I will say is look back at film. They had their hometown official working that game. You take the onside or pooch kick that we recovered. All the other refs signaled MHs ball. He overruled it. It was clear on film and in person it should have been MHs ball, already in field goal range. The fumble by Deon, was clearly tackled by face mask. This as we had the ball driving to go ahead late. If he calls the face mask which he was clearly looking at, it is MHs ball and 15 yards. I would not say this until season was over because I didn't want to discredit them. They are a very good team. Before anyone says he isn't a homer, I know he lives in Paducah but he went to school there. That's alright though, if we were going to lose to anyone all year I would pick to have lost to Caldwell. They are a good bunch of people.
What about John Hardin? They beat Meade County.
mysonis55 Wrote:I will give it to Caldwell for beating us. Now that season is over all I will say is look back at film. They had their hometown official working that game. You take the onside or pooch kick that we recovered. All the other refs signaled MHs ball. He overruled it. It was clear on film and in person it should have been MHs ball, already in field goal range. The fumble by Deon, was clearly tackled by face mask. This as we had the ball driving to go ahead late. If he calls the face mask which he was clearly looking at, it is MHs ball and 15 yards. I would not say this until season was over because I didn't want to discredit them. They are a very good team. Before anyone says he isn't a homer, I know he lives in Paducah but he went to school there. That's alright though, if we were going to lose to anyone all year I would pick to have lost to Caldwell. They are a good bunch of people.

Personally i think caldwell got alittle full of themselves and beating mayfield was bad for there ego the players were hugging the coach just like they had won a state title game they think they have a rivalry with mayfield bv unless you are tilghman or graves you are just another opponent to mayfield i wasnt suprised murray beat them after seeing the first game they played i knew they werent 29 points better than murray there defense never improved and they showed that statue of liberty to many times and murray knew it was coming and stopped it both times they tried it when they desperatly needed it
I watched that first game as well. I noticed that CC was loading the box with 9-11 defenders. Murray was still running for 6-10 yards per carry. For some reason they would go away from it and get behind the sticks.
I think McCracken would have beaten Caldwell, but, Caldwell would have beaten Tilghman. Caldwell was a great offensive team with a lot of great skill position players, but, there D was just average. I thought there OL was solid, as well. That was one team where Mayfields DL didn't control the line of scrimmage. McCracken's QB had an uncanny ability to make plays with his arms and legs both, and would have given CCs D fits. Plus, I felt the Mustangs DL got considerably better as the season went on and with there size and depth up front, I think they would have pressured Sindelar a lot more than Mayfield did.
The d line didn't own the line by design. They were playing to collapse from the ends and make Sindelar stay in the pocket. It takes away his running threat somewhat.
My Final Top Team rankings would have been:
1) B.Green
2) Meade Co
3) Mayfield
4) McCracken Co
5) Caldwell Co
6) Henderson C0
7) Graves Co
8) Tilghman
9) S.Warren
10) W.Central
11) Russellville
12) Owensboro
13) Murray
14) F.Simpson
15) OB Catholic
mysonis55 Wrote:The d line didn't own the line by design. They were playing to collapse from the ends and make Sindelar stay in the pocket. It takes away his running threat somewhat.

That strategy didn't work very well. Still thought CCs OL played pretty well against our DL. 600+ yards tells the story loud and clear.
That's one of those things the coaches would have fixed before we played them a second time if we were in their district.
well mayfields d improved substantially after the caldwell game even if caldwell got by murray i dont think they would have beat desales
I won't even engage in that as there is no way to prove otherwise. We are chps and they are champs and that should be enough.
adopted purple Wrote:What about John Hardin? They beat Meade County.

Never mind. I saw them in the Louisville Metro Area.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:That strategy didn't work very well. Still thought CCs OL played pretty well against our DL. 600+ yards tells the story loud and clear.

One thing to remember is that Hernandez is just starting to learn the MLB position. He sat back and waited on the back instead of attacking on the Statue of Liberty play. He is a great athlete and once he gets more experience he will be one hell of a player. He has the heart and physical ability, all he lacks is playing time at that position.
I think our linebacker play next season will be very good. Nick Workman will be a player who you will hear a lot about in the next few years. He has all the tools to make a great linebacker. Most important is that he, like most of the freshman class this year is very smart. He doesn't have a off button either. Wide open every play and he doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. He reminds me of Brent Simpkins who was the all time leading tackler until JJ broke the record last year.
That's a hard bit of praise to live up to. I the boy can tackle that well. I know he is very dedicated. The first thing I heard him say on the way back from state was that the journey to state next year starts on Monday in the weight room. The kid has dedication for sure but , he has to be careful not to forget his best sport, baseball.
No way is Caldwell a top 5. Got beat in the regional? Come on!
They were much better than that. They were victim of a few things. First they got too cocky and took Murray too lightly. Next they showed too much of their offense too early. Murray has an old school Mayfield type coach that used the first game mistakes to his advantage in the second meeting.
mysonis55 Wrote:That's a hard bit of praise to live up to. I the boy can tackle that well. I know he is very dedicated. The first thing I heard him say on the way back from state was that the journey to state next year starts on Monday in the weight room. The kid has dedication for sure but , he has to be careful not to forget his best sport, baseball.

If he keeps them separate he will not have a problem. Stewart Mills has done a good job of keeping them separate and he is a better baseball plalyer than football player.
Yes, he will have to work hard at that. It can be done but it will be a lot of work.