Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL BGR Regional Power Rankings- NKY
1. Highlands- Birds fall short of their goals but still carry the NKY flag to Bowling Green as their top representative
2. Simon Kenton- A case can be made for the Pioneers who defeated Collins early in the season
3. Covington Catholic- Colonels simply could not overcome their rival
4. Conner- Cougars fall short in the playoffs
5. NewCath- Though their regular season resume against other nKY team left a lot to be desired, the Breds won when it counted
Solid.......
That's a good list, I thought Dixie would be in their before NCC but that's tough because NCC made state and hit their stride late in the season.
I like Dixie at 4 and Campbell at 5. Not sold on the Birds at the top.....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Highlands- Birds fall short of their goals but still carry the NKY flag to Bowling Green as their top representative
2. Simon Kenton- A case can be made for the Pioneers who defeated Collins early in the season
5. NewCath- Though their regular season resume against other nKY team left a lot to be desired, the Breds won when it counted

No worries EKUAlum the cold has got you a bit catawompus.

This is more accurate.

1.SK
2.Highlands
3.Covcath
4.Dixie Heights/Campbell County
5.NCC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:No worries EKUAlum the cold has got you a bit catawompus.

This is more accurate.

1.SK
2.Highlands
3.Covcath
5.NCC

I partially Agree because I think Conner was highly overrated and got unbelievably lucky against Campbell, but they did win which makes it hard to rank them lower.
Im not sure Highlands should even be ranked.

But ill go with

1. SK
2. Highlands
3. Cov Cath
4. Campbell County
5. Dixie Heights
Spirit100 Wrote:No worries EKUAlum the cold has got you a bit catawompus.

This is more accurate.

1.SK
2.Highlands
3.Covcath
5.NCC

I would go with this as well. Even though Campbell beat Dixie I thought Dixie looked like the better team. To Campbell's credit they made plays at the right time of the game to win it. I think NCC would beat conner rather easily. Also believe if Dixie plays CovCath later in the season the outcome would have been different with CovCath's injuries
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Highlands- Birds fall short of their goals but still carry the NKY flag to Bowling Green as their top representative

Solid
I would love to see Highlands mop the floor with SK.... have the neers ever beatn the birds? that would be a good a pop quiz question because we used to play every year, start the backups and beat them by 50.
SK was good this year but a win over Collins does not = SK is better than Highlands.
Fun Factoid - Highlands is 25-1 against SK all time.
HHS
Cov Cath
SK
Dixie
Conner
NCC
CCHS
Cooper
Beechwood
Scott

There's your top 10.
hop24 Wrote:I would go with this as well. Even though Campbell beat Dixie I thought Dixie looked like the better team. To Campbell's credit they made plays at the right time of the game to win it. I think NCC would beat conner rather easily. Also believe if Dixie plays CovCath later in the season the outcome would have been different with CovCath's injuries

Depends on how "later in the season" you mean. If they played the last game or two the outcome would have been the same. CCH started getting healthy again with two games left in the regular season when then rolled over Holmes, Conner, Rowan and Johnson Central. Dixie would not have beaten them during that span.
birdman44 Wrote:Fun Factoid - Highlands is 25-1 against SK all time.

When was the "1" lol
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:HHS
Cov Cath
SK
Dixie
Conner
NCC
CCHS
Cooper
Beechwood
Scott

There's your top 10.

I'd put Scott ahead of Beechwood and Cooper
Maybe, but I never felt Scott was as good as their record. Showed down the stretch when they played descent teams. Great senior class with nothing behind them.
^that's true, but they did beat Cooper head to head, and I think Beechwood was not nearly as good as they were made out to be.
birdman44 Wrote:I would love to see Highlands mop the floor with SK.... have the neers ever beatn the birds? that would be a good a pop quiz question because we used to play every year, start the backups and beat them by 50.
SK was good this year but a win over Collins does not = SK is better than Highlands.

Still living in yesterday? You'll figure it out....Funny when the birdies get plucked how there cranky alumni cry with the best of them. :Sad04:

1. SK (easy pick)
2. HHS
3. CCH
4. Dixie
5. Campbell Co.
6. NCC
7. Conner
I can see that!