Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Middle Vs Southern Middle in Somerset
Southern gets their first home game tonight in what was supposed to be a road game. Corbin needed to change because of a conflict with their court being used for some other event. Will the Warriors remain Undefeated? Corbin had a very Good team last year,looking for another barn burner tonight.Confusedinglepar Who Wins?
I think Corbin's top 8th grader is playing on the high school team and that has left them rather down. I believe he scored 25-30 points in the opening game earlier in the week.
he had 19 pts in win vs jackson co. southern will have no trouble with corbin even if the big 3 dont play
hollcat Wrote:I think Corbin's top 8th grader is playing on the high school team and that has left them rather down. I believe he scored 25-30 points in the opening game earlier in the week.

I would think it odd that a varsity player/starter would play middle school ball. What is the purpose of that?
Courtside Wrote:I would think it odd that a varsity player/starter would play middle school ball. What is the purpose of that?

Starting for the high school, also have a big kid about 6'8'' that is playing high school.
57 - 5 Southern Wins. Never thought i would see a coach sit on the end of the bench and hardly move, Corbin's coach seemed to give up half way through 1st period. No real attempt to stop the bleeding there after.
Who won the 6th and 7th grade games?
Corbin's top 8th graders are Andrew Taylor and Bayley Rice. Taylor starts PG for the varsity and Rice, who stands at 6'8", comes off the bench. I'm sure Corbin would have one of the best 8th grade teams in the state with those two on there.
Don't know about 6th but Corbin wins the 7th grade matchup after falling behind early.
Corbin won 6th by 3 i heard
Courtside Wrote:I would think it odd that a varsity player/starter would play middle school ball. What is the purpose of that?

They dont play middle school ball.
Southern has at least 3 players playing middle school and varsity...I think. Not sure if they played in the Corbin game.
They did play this game. The three are really talented players! They are only playing a few middle school games during the regular season when they have off nights at the varsity level.
Southern has three middle school 8th graders that are better than most seniors.
They are only playing in enough middle school games to play in middle school state tourney. These 3 boys are 3 of the best in the state.
Southern 8th grade is very talented
basketballdad Wrote:Southern has three middle school 8th graders that are better than most seniors.
They are only playing in enough middle school games to play in middle school state tourney. These 3 boys are 3 of the best in the state.

That is a said statement.