Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Lane Classic @ Lawrence Co 11.30.13.
Nov. 30

11:00 - SC girls vs Betsy Layne girls

12: 45 - Hazard vs Betsy Layne ( boys)

2: 30 - Johnson Central vs Lou. Trinity ( boys)

4: 15 - Lou. Ballard vs Covington Holmes

6 :30 - Lawrence County vs Fleming County ( boys )

7: 45 - Sheldon Clark vs Tug Valley ( boys)
Hazard had an easy time with Betsy Lane

Trinity pretty much was in control of JC the entire game

Ballard held off a cold shooting Holmes
^What about the other games?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Ballard was the best team .
Looks like a very weak year once again in the 15th region. 2 weeks in a row Hazard has handled a 15th region team. I know lawrence won on the scoreboard last week but Hazard controlled the game and led by double digits until the end when Holland cleared his bench and Lawrence came back and won. I hope Johnson Cen or East Ridge or somebody can put things together. Would love to see a couple mountain schools playing in Rupp for more than one game.
Lawrence County defeated Fleming County, and Tug Valley was beating Sheldon Clark in the 1st period when I left. Sheldon Clark girls beat Betsy Layne in overtime. Martin County Middle beat Lawrence County Middle.
Lc will go as far as the starting 5 will take them they have a major drop off from the starting 5 to the sixth man. They start 4 sophmores and a freshman no seniors on the team and only 1 jr. If they have an injury it could be a long year. I see the starters playing around 30 min. A game. Foul trouble will kill them.
How were the games called?

E-mail was sent out saying it was going to be called like the college games, I'd assume that means no hand checking at all.

Teams that press will be at a disadvantage.
What was the final score to the Sheldon Clark and Tug Valley game?
Their head coach stepped aside when the collar emptied. That took a lot of class.
Tug Valley beat Sheldon Clark 48-46. Tug Valley only returned one player who saw any varsity action last year from their state AA championship team in AA. Sheldon Clark also only had "15" points at halftime...looks like a long long year for the Cardinals.
Tug Valley won Class A not AA* my bad.