Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for My Family Please
My grandmother was working in her flower garden this afternoon when she was struck three times by a copperhead. The ambulance took her to the hospital and with a few doctor's suggestion she is being transported to UK just in case complications arise.

It would mean alot to me if you could keep her in your thoughts and prayers and also all of us because we need some as well.

Thank you all.

She will be in my thoughts and prayers
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
your family are in my thoughts and prayers ... im here for ya buddy if ya need anything just let me know!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Hey tribe if you need anything give a yell, but she and your family will be in my prayers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I'm here for you tribe, if you need anything, let me know.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
My thought, Prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery to your Grandmother.
She's in my prayers,tribe.
She will be in my thoughts and prayers, need anything just let me know, you know where to find me.
Many thoughts and prayers to your family. Just trust in God and give it to him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Will pray for her. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.
Im really sorry to hear, she and your family will be in my prayers.
Best wishes that your g-mother has a speedy recovery!!!
srrry bout that your family is in my prayers
She was released from the hospital today after they gave her antivemon every four hours throughout the night. She is in some pain and the swelling has started to move out of her hand and up into her arm and shoulder more but within the next week she should be back to normal. I have some pictures that I will post later, they don't show how bad it was last night after it happened but you can still see the swelling and the bites.

Thanks for praying for her though guys, I really appreciate it. It was a scary ordeal and now it's getting closer to being over.

thetribe Wrote:She was released from the hospital today after they gave her antivemon every four hours throughout the night. She is in some pain and the swelling has started to move out of her hand and up into her arm and shoulder more but within the next week she should be back to normal. I have some pictures that I will post later, they don't show how bad it was last night after it happened but you can still see the swelling and the bites.

Thanks for praying for her though guys, I really appreciate it. It was a scary ordeal and now it's getting closer to being over.

Gald to hear she is doing better tribe. Really glad to hear.:thumpsup:
Keep us posted on her condition!! Thank god she is doing better!!!
This is very good news. I wish your Grandmother the best. Sounds as if GOD was with her the entire time!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
She's sleeping right now at my house, she will stay here until she recovers. I feel so bad for her because I can only imagine how scared she was after she found out that it was a snake.

To post some more information about it though:

My mother and I were leaving her house to go and visit my little cousin before we came back home. My grandmother walked us to the door and then came outside and was going to go work in her flowers which she loved to do. We were visiting my cousins when my grandmother's next door neighbor pulled in the driveway and we knew that something had to be wrong. Before we got the door opened I assumed that it was a heart attack or something and started panicking trying to open the door but when he started talking to us he said "Inge got bit by a copperhead" so my mom, cousin, and I ran out the door. They were running to the car and I just started running through the yards and down the road while they were loading up. We got there and the neighbors had called 911 so the ambulance was on its way. A firetruck came down first and the man had some oxygen so he put that on her while we waited. Ambulance got there, to her to PMC, and they wanted to send her to UK.

She had went out and worked on her flowers and right before she decided to come in she wanted to trim on last thing and when she did she thought that a rosebush had scratched her so she pulled her hand back. She was okay so she put her hand back down there to pull or cut a stem or something. Well, she felt the pain again and pulled her hand back and saw blood coming through her gardening gloves. She took a small gardening tool and pushed the plants back because she wanted to see what it was and sure enough, there was a copperhead.

The doctor said that she was struck three times and stuff. She dealt with the very well and besides being in mild pain (which she ranted on their 1-10 scale as a 6 or 7) she kept her composure and that made all of us start to relax once we were at the hospital and make sure that everything was alright.

Once again, thanks for the concern though. I'm sure she talked to God as well. She told me this evening that she was asking him in her head "God, is THIS the way that you want me to go?" She was talking in the hospital about being in this country for almost 50 years (she was born in Germany and stayed there until in her 20's) and that she had never had stuff like that happen to her.

Thank goodness no aputation was required or anything. My great grandfather almost lost his life when he was bite by a rattlesnake and then after they stablized him they almost took his leg off but that turned out fine and so did this. Just a very scary ordeal and shocking as well.

I will get those pictures post very soon, I am going to take a close up of the bites when she wakes up.

Wow
I hate snakes
glad to hear she is home
Sorry I'm just reading this glad everything is ok now.
I just read also and glad She is recovering. I am like Doc in that I hate snakes and have killed over 30 Copperheads in the last four years.
I am glad that everything worked out for your grandmother. Must have been a scary time. Been having "putter problems" the last few days, so this is the first time I have been able to get online. I hope your grandmother makes a full recovery. :Thumbs:
That is scary stuff, tribe. I'm glad she is OK.

One of the worst things you can do when you are bitten is panic. Sounds like your grandmother handled it like a soldier and remained calm. No doubt her faith was a comfort to her and that is probably what helped to calm her and what made this turn out a lot better than it could have.

Quick reaction time by everyone involved and getting her to the hospital ASAP was also very very important in how bad it turns out. If she was going to get bitten by a poisonous snake, it sounds like this was the best case scenario.

She'll be in my prayers, tribe.
I'm sooo sorry to hear about this but glad she is recovering.

If ya need anything at all you know where to find me.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Just reading also. Glad shes ok! I have to believe it was all the Prayers! :Thumbs:
I'm glad to hear that she is ok. My prayers are still with you all Tribe.
Glad to hear shes ok.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
I'm really tickled she's going to be alright.
We will remember your family when we pray
These are the pictures I promised. Sorry it took so long to get back with them.

These were taken after she was released from UK so it wasn't right after it happened.

You can see the swelling of her hand espically and how it spread up her arm and the other of course are the bites themselves.

She is doing better every day. She is still in pain but has most of the usage of her hand back. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers, they are greatly appreciated.