Poll: Lincoln Co @ Harlan Co who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
96.67%
Lincoln County
3.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Co @ Harlan Co 11/8/2013 Playoffs
I have thought that a few times. But when Gilliam left after the first year at RB we had Green and Smith after they left we McMillian and Middleton and this year Massey has stepped it up. The JV team has been impressive the last two years so I don't really see a drop off. Coach Larkey is not the type to jump ship either but when he decides to go in a year or two or three Harlan County will have to find another great Coach and there are a few on sidelines already. But no pun intended Letcher showed how Not to replace a legend when Howard retired.

As for the game I'm a confident that Harlan County will beat Lincoln, handle Madison Harris and go to Pulaski and keep on heading north after that.
Patriot Wrote:I have thought that a few times. But when Gilliam left after the first year at RB we had Green and Smith after they left we McMillian and Middleton and this year Massey has stepped it up. The JV team has been impressive the last two years so I don't really see a drop off. Coach Larkey is not the type to jump ship either but when he decides to go in a year or two or three Harlan County will have to find another great Coach and there are a few on sidelines already. But no pun intended Letcher showed how Not to replace a legend when Howard retired.

As for the game I'm a confident that Harlan County will beat Lincoln, handle Madison Harris and go to Pulaski and keep on heading north after that.

True, but shouldn't a 5A school always be able to produce that quality of backs at the very least? I know it doesnt happen, especially in this district, but im curious to see what happens when HC is stuck with a really bad year, like the one Whitley is having.
As for the game itself, I see HC having little trouble with Lincoln, but believe me when i say i will be surprised if HC beats MS. Thats not a knock either. MS is very dangerous.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:True, but shouldn't a 5A school always be able to produce that quality of backs at the very least? I know it doesnt happen, especially in this district, but im curious to see what happens when HC is stuck with a really bad year, like the one Whitley is having.

You're hoping to see...
I told you three years ago that this would be Harlan County's best senior class. They may or may not match the class from two years ago though, depending on what happens the next month.
The JV team was undefeated two years agoand lost only once last season.
The frosh and sophomore classes aren't quite as strong, but the 8th grade class has the potential to be as good as this year's seniors. New Harlan made it to the final four in the state and Cumberland had a very good team, too.

You said it's not uncommon for a consolidated school to start strong, but I can't think of that many to have the same kind of success Harlan County has enjoyed the past six years. Perry or Whitley didn't start that strong, neither did Letcher, even though Letcher had a couple of good years. It took Bell four years to win a district championship even though Bell was awfully good early. Johnson wasn't that strong early, neither was Knox, Knott, Breathitt, Clay...
DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS????

[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...d3733c.jpg]

IT'S GAME DAY IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!!

:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

Ohh, and it will be a cold one at Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium, but our BLACK BEARS will heat things up when the Patriots roll into town!! Lincoln County better bring some "stuff" to keep warm, with that wind coming off the river!!!
[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...1383842695]

So everybody travel safely, keep warm and GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!

We're waiting!!!!
[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...5a2e43.jpg]

Close the Gates; it's feeding time!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:On a serious note, (with all trolling aside) Do you HC fans expect HC to fall off a bit for the next few years?
I think they take a decent hit after this year, and there frosh teams have started to look weaker each year it seems.
I think Larkey jumps ship after next year and HC struggles to go .500 for a few years until someone comes in and rebuilds.
I dont think thats uncommon after consolidation. A few really good years, followed by a pretty big downturn.
I know Coach and he wont be jumping ship but he will evenetually retire I think he told me this is 40 years he has coached all together, maybe 41. I rememeber when he was hired everyone screamed and moaned that he was a big name and would come here for 2 maybe 3 years then leave. Well those people shut up and he is still here going strong after six season s of football and I see him cosntantly at the middle schools getting those kids excited for high school.
Our jv team won the championship two straight years this year and last and our freshmen continued to roll as always losing a game or two. Our nineth grade team next year will have thirty kids or more that are outstanding to.
We dont rebuild we reload. You have been saying this about us for years and if I had the time I would go back and find where you said either this year or last was Whitleys to dethrone us and it still has not happened. You say we have had a few pretty goo dyears well I say wihtout really knowing but we have close to 60 wins already in five plus years and that would rank up way high in the state for most wins in that time period.
bigguy989 Wrote:Pulaski is also 0-3 the past 3 years in the playoffs when they play the Black Bears including the year they were destined to go to state.
All played @ Harlan like I said. Home playoff games in highschool football are a huge advantage.
^^

I LOVE THAT!!!

But, unlike you, I have many haters. If I posted that panther nation and #1BlackCatFan would be quick to demoralize me for posting a grizzly and not a black bear.

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:^^

I LOVE THAT!!!

But, unlike you, I have many haters. If I posted that panther nation and #1BlackCatFan would be quick to demoralize me for posting a grizzly and not a black bear.

Wink

No way you have any haters! Well, other than RIUTG, right? Confusednicker:

Forgot HC was the black bears. Ha!

[Image: http://carinbondar.com/wp-content/upload...-bear1.jpg]
This will be an old fashion DRIVE BY.

Harlan Co. 42
Lincoln Co. 0
WideRight05 Wrote:[Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...d_mzoo.jpg]

This, and whole lot of it...good luck Black Bears!!! Continue to be Donnie Strong....:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:This, and whole lot of it...good luck Black Bears!!! Continue to be Donnie Strong....:Thumbs:

Notice the claws on that bear....lol
Yeah; bet they're 4 or 5 inches long. That's how I knew it was a grizzly!!
The Pulaski/ Harlan matchup is very intriquing to me and one I expect to fully happen as long as both bring their A game in round 2. I have watched both teams a couple times and the style of play is very different as most of us all know. I am pulling for Pulaski as I think they have a great crop of kids and I think they are the better overall talented team and it would be nice to see someone else represent the region. Thier young QB is a great field general. However, say what you want.. Home field or not, there is no question, Pulaski is pulling for someone other than Harlan to be waiting in the finals. Yes I know, they get to play in somerset which is different but sometimes style of play and certain teams match well against another and can be the kryptonite. I think this is the case for Pulaski and Harlan. In the back of their mind Pulaski is thinking about Harlan and they dread seeing the black bears again! I think even though talent is in favor of Pulaski, the ground attack for Harlan will be too much. It will be a great game.
that is the coolest icon I have EVER seen Granny Bear...I LOVE IT!!!

It's GAME DAY IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!!!

GO BEARS!!!!

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Wave::Wave::football::Wave::Wave::Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Bears by 3 TDS's
Almost time to go watch the Black Bears roll. Gonna be a cold one....

Black Bears Huge tonight!!!!
It will be cold, no doubt about it. The river makes it 10 degree's colder. Now, about the game, I have held off on a prediction on this but it is time. This game will be a dogfight. This Lincoln team is a pretty good team. The were just a few minutes away from beating Pulaski. I believe our Black Bears will win but we can't afford ANY turnovers and turn them over. I think I read where their coach said that out of the 5 teams that have beat them have an overall record of 46-3, impressive. BUT, out of our 3 losses our opponents are 29-1. I guess what I am trying to say is that we have to play our A game and not look forward to playing Harris again next week. All that being said I am taking my Bears 27-14. Go Bears!!!! Heading out the door right now!!!!!
Here you Black Bears good luck & come away with the W. I still have the Bears at 20+