Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Forfeiting
Recently heard a rumor that Lynn Camp was interested in forfeiting their game against Middlesboro next week. Is their any truth behind this? I personally would be VERY surprised.

It would be both Middlesboro Homecoming and Senior night.

Also does anyone know the rules for forfeiting a game? How does it work and what fines and penalties are associated with this?
teampaul Wrote:Recently heard a rumor that Lynn Camp was interested in forfeiting their game against Middlesboro next week. Is their any truth behind this? I personally would be VERY surprised.

It would be both Middlesboro Homecoming and Senior night.

Also does anyone know the rules for forfeiting a game? How does it work and what fines and penalties are associated with this?

I would be very surprised if they did this, unless they simply didnt have enough players to play from injuries or something. Lynn Camp is a really small school, with very little numbers every year. I dont think Russell would just forfeit a game solely because he thinks they'll get killed.

If they were to cancel because of something, then the only fines and penalties is whatever the contract stated that the two teams sign. As you know, most team sign a two year home/away contract with each other, and in that contract, there will be clauses for what happens if a team forefeits, and the contracts vary. If they did cancel, I would expect Lynn Camp would have to pay a fee, and from what ive seen before, its usually in the 1000 dollar range, to cover the cost of what the other team would lose, but as i said contract vary.

As far as the KHSAA is concerned, there is nothing that they can or will do.
The two teams sign the contract, the KHSAA has nothing to do with that.
2-0 would be the final score.
I don't see Coach Russell or Lynn Camp forfeiting. They will show up and play hard.
khsgamenight Wrote:2-0 would be the final score.

Nope.
It would be 1-0.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nope.
It would be 1-0.

Nope. It would be 2-0 (lowest possible score if game were played).
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nope.
It would be 1-0.

I was thinking the same as Franchise.
I agree it would surprise me greatly if they did. They're normally known to play hard and be proud regardless of how small their team is. I was more curious about the penalties involved with forfeiting a game than anything