Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Regional Power Rankings- CKY/Lex Metro
1. Scott County- Offensive explosion
2. Boyle County- Rebels' undefeated regular season well within grasp
3. LexCath- Knights must direct their focus on earning their re-match
4. Anderson County- 5A marbles firmly on the line
5. Franklin County- Flyers have a chance at making their big move this weekend
IMO Anderson is better than Lex Cath from what I've seen.
Rebel55 Wrote:IMO Anderson is better than Lex Cath from what I've seen.

I agree. Ranking looks good though.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I agree. Ranking looks good though.

Not so fast my friend!

Henry Clay gets blown out Scott, and Anderson and Franklin jump them?

The only team on this list that Scott Co. wouldn't blow out is Scott Co.

C'mon Man!!!!

Show Bourbon some love ... they are winnning by an average of 41 pts. a game. I dont care who you play, with the new running clock rules, that is pretty impressive. I know Pope is out for the season, but I'm not sure an injury should drop your ranking.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Not so fast my friend!

C'mon Man!!!!

Show Bourbon some love ... they are winnning by an average of 41 pts. a game. I dont care who you play, with the new running clock rules, that is pretty impressive. I know Pope is out for the season, but I'm not sure an injury should drop your ranking.

They were #5 until the injuries... as I have said..these are power rankings..thus you aren't grandfathered in and it is evaluated each week. Without Pope Bourbon is not one of the top 5 teams... with him they are. Henry Clay will also be back if they take care of business since either Anderson or Franklin will lose.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They were #5 until the injuries... as I have said..these are power rankings..thus you aren't grandfathered in and it is evaluated each week. Without Pope Bourbon is not one of the top 5 teams... with him they are. Henry Clay will also be back if they take care of business since either Anderson or Franklin will lose.

Just out of curiousity brother, how do you compile/ system you use to get these rankings? Just asking, not arguing.
FBfan4life Wrote:Just out of curiousity brother, how do you compile/ system you use to get these rankings? Just asking, not arguing.

Pure discretion based off the eyeball test, strength of schedule, results, common opponents, factoring in variables such as injuries and trash points, current or developing trends, and with a small consideration paid to historical trends.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pure discretion based off the eyeball test, strength of schedule, results, common opponents, factoring in variables such as injuries and trash points, current or developing trends, and with a small consideration paid to historical trends.

Gotcha! Thx
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Not so fast my friend!

C'mon Man!!!!

Alright Lee Corso. I still don't believe Scott County would blow out teams 2 through 4. I am certain that Scott County would win.

I know you are a big Bourbon County fan and you want to show them the love and they deserve some attention but even without the injuries I believe teams 2 through 4 handle Bourbon County. No disrepect. I like Coach Hodge. He is a great coach. With that said, they have put up impressive numbers against nobody and I would like to see a success story with Bourbon taking state.
No Disrespect taken BoyleCounty, but I dont think 2-4 handles Bourbon County, I think 2-4 will get all they looking for and more !!! Thats why we play the game on Friday night, Good Luck to Boyle County & Bourbon County wish you both nothing but SUCCESS...
I'm going to be honest, but Lex Cath should not/ belong in the top 5. Let alone in the # 3 spot. Good ball club, but the red zone offense failed them last week. Can't be a championship team or a contender and not convert on oppotunity like they had vs Boyle Co. Bourbon Co. you are worthy to be in there
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They were #5 until the injuries... as I have said..these are power rankings..thus you aren't grandfathered in and it is evaluated each week. Without Pope Bourbon is not one of the top 5 teams... with him they are. Henry Clay will also be back if they take care of business since either Anderson or Franklin will lose.

I know man, but my week wouldn't be complete if I didn't argue this thread.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Alright Lee Corso. I still don't believe Scott County would blow out teams 2 through 4. I am certain that Scott County would win.

I know you are a big Bourbon County fan and you want to show them the love and they deserve some attention but even without the injuries I believe teams 2 through 4 handle Bourbon County. No disrepect. I like Coach Hodge. He is a great coach. With that said, they have put up impressive numbers against nobody and I would like to see a success story with Bourbon taking state.

I am a fan, but my goggles aren't blurred. Scott Co. would blow out anyone in Central KY. If you think Boyle, LC, Anderson, or Franklin would "handle" a healthy Bourbon Co. team, you are dillusional. Frankly I would take the money line on Bourbon against Anderson and Franklin, and Catholic, and I believe they would beat Boyle ATLEAST 5 out of 10 times.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:I am a fan, but my goggles aren't blurred. Scott Co. would blow out anyone in Central KY. If you think Boyle, LC, Anderson, or Franklin would "handle" a healthy Bourbon Co. team, you are dillusional. Frankly I would take the money line on Bourbon against Anderson and Franklin, and Catholic, and I believe they would beat Boyle ATLEAST 5 out of 10 times.

Confusednicker:
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:I am a fan, but my goggles aren't blurred. Scott Co. would blow out anyone in Central KY. If you think Boyle, LC, Anderson, or Franklin would "handle" a healthy Bourbon Co. team, you are dillusional. Frankly I would take the money line on Bourbon against Anderson and Franklin, and Catholic, and I believe they would beat Boyle ATLEAST 5 out of 10 times.

I can't speak for Anderson Co. or Franklin Co. frankly cause I don't know their schedule or who have they played. But you are talking about BIG, BAD BOYLE Co and Lex Cath right? This is Boyle Co. that has streamrolled everyone on their path for the last decade or so... And this is the Lex Cath that has gone to the state- semi finals 2 years in a row and MAYBE will again this season. Lex Cath, though they lost put up 21 pts against mighty # 1 Bowling Green. Only losing 45-21 and placed 28 pts (?) vs perannial power Saint Xavier> Losing only 42-28, and has thumped every 6A teams they have play not just this season, every season. So just wondering what's a 3A team like Bourbon Co. has that leads them to believe that they can beat Boyle Co and/ or Lex Cath? Can't rely on that RB by itself. Just asking
FBfan4life Wrote:I can't speak for Anderson Co. or Franklin Co. frankly cause I don't know their schedule or who have they played. But you are talking about BIG, BAD BOYLE Co and Lex Cath right? This is Boyle Co. that has streamrolled everyone on their path for the last decade or so... And this is the Lex Cath that has gone to the state- semi finals 2 years in a row and MAYBE will again this season. Lex Cath, though they lost put up 21 pts against mighty # 1 Bowling Green. Only losing 45-21 and placed 28 pts (?) vs perannial power Saint Xavier> Losing only 42-28, and has thumped every 6A teams they have play not just this season, every season. So just wondering what's a 3A team like Bourbon Co. has that leads them to believe that they can beat Boyle Co and/ or Lex Cath? Can't rely on that RB by itself. Just asking

Well they had in my opinion the best quarterback in 3a and in Central Ky when Pope was healthy. They definitely have the speed at the skill positions to keep up with anyone in CKY, and probably one of the most overlooked receivers in the state. The runningback you are referring to graduated last year, but they have two very solid backs this year which actually works into their system better. Their defense while not the biggest is very athletic, and because every team I listed is either 50/50 or heavy pass, I believe Bourbon would matchup well.

The only time Bourbon will struggle is when they run into the teams that rely heavily on the veer (Belfry) or line it up run it down your throat teams, because they are not very big up front. I can promise you that noone in Central KY will dominate them athletically, and lets be honest, 99% of blowouts in HS football are because of the difference in athleticism.

Confusednicker: You and I HAVE to argue.

Lets put it this way. If Bourbon County could beat Boyle County 5 out of 10 times then they would have no problem winning 3A(with a healthy team). Bourbon would not win 3A with a healthy team because of Belfry and to add on to that, Boyle County would be the best team in 3A. Again, that's no disrespect to Bourbon County. I do hope Bourbon County proves me wrong.

As for Franklin County, I do believe Bourbon County would beat them, that's why I said teams 2 through 4. But I will stand by my comment that teams 2 through 4 would handle Bourbon County. I wish there were a way to prove you wrong. We will just have to agree to disagree.
Professor7 Wrote:No Disrespect taken BoyleCounty, but I dont think 2-4 handles Bourbon County, I think 2-4 will get all they looking for and more !!! Thats why we play the game on Friday night, Good Luck to Boyle County & Bourbon County wish you both nothing but SUCCESS...

You are right about one thing, that's why we play the game. I too wish both teams success.
Anderson has been playing better ball at this point

I love Coach John Hodge and Roe and Massengil. I think Bourbon was a very very good team last year. I don't think they are quite as good this year. Having said that, this season is not the season for Bourbon to play Anderson or Boyle.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Confusednicker: You and I HAVE to argue.

Lets put it this way. If Bourbon County could beat Boyle County 5 out of 10 times then they would have no problem winning 3A(with a healthy team). Bourbon would not win 3A with a healthy team because of Belfry and to add on to that, Boyle County would be the best team in 3A. Again, that's no disrespect to Bourbon County. I do hope Bourbon County proves me wrong.

As for Franklin County, I do believe Bourbon County would beat them, that's why I said teams 2 through 4. But I will stand by my comment that teams 2 through 4 would handle Bourbon County. I wish there were a way to prove you wrong. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Im not sure Boyle is better than Belfry, and pretty sure they are not better than Central this year. That being said, i think a healthy Bourbon team is right there with them.
64black&gold Wrote:I love Coach John Hodge and Roe and Massengil. I think Bourbon was a very very good team last year. I don't think they are quite as good this year. Having said that, this season is not the season for Bourbon to play Anderson or Boyle.

Bourbon was considerably better this year than last when pope was healthy. They returned 15 starters from last year, so naturally they would be better.

We will never know, so I can agree to disagree ...
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Im not sure Boyle is better than Belfry, and pretty sure they are not better than Central this year. That being said, i think a healthy Bourbon team is right there with them.

I give up on you! :igiveup:
BoyleCounty Wrote:I give up on you! :igiveup:

Lol victory!!!
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Lol victory!!!

Confusednicker: There is no convincing you. Even when you are wrong, you are right! Its all good and fun though.