Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. 21 Madison Southern 18
Where does this set the the district for play off seeds? Pulaski and Southern only teams I've seen from this fistrict.
Two very good teams getting after each other. This is a very good district. Any of the top 3 could win the region.
ataclance Wrote:Meaning?

I promise you if he can't take hits in highschool now he needs to start thinking about looking into baseball or some other sport. out standing Players play because they love to be challanged and they love it and a very few have the ability the speed and size to play at the next level he has it I guarantee you that if he had no protective gear helmet and all he would play just as hard and excel the same way. All he needs is a stage. Remember fun is addictive the more addicted you ere the better you play, the louder the crowd the lowder the band the harder he plays'
One of the funnest high school football atmospheres I've been a part of. Had several MS fans standing, sitting around us and no trouble with anyone. Just a loud, cheering crowd on both sides. That's what high school football is about! The tide turned in the 2nd qtr with PC at the MS goal line. Aaron Smith scored an apparent TD to put PC up 27-10 only to have it called a fumble, giving MS the ball at its own 1 yd line. Everyone on the goal line said Smith was over yard into the endzone when the ball came out. Even MS fans said it was a terrible call. That would have been the back breaker no doubt. Credit to the Eagles for not giving up and making a game of it at the end. How big are Johnny Hines' "brains" going for it on 4th and 7 from to PC side of the field late in the game? PLUS putting the game in the hands of a sophomore QB and FRESHMAN wide receiver! Stones, BIG BIG STONES! All around a fantastic night for high school football!
We had the exact thing happen to us at Greeneville, TN. Kinda worried me at first, but all the fans that intermingled with us were very nice and loud! So they didn't mind us being loud either! Great atmosphere!!

So, congratulations to the Maroons!! Impressive win! I was trying to follow 4 games while watching my Black Bears.....difficult to do with someone as old as I am and technologically challenged as well! Wink

S/O to LeeCoUKFan...thanks for the updates. Entire crowd around me was interested, so I kept broadcasting!!!
Big win for the Maroons. This should put them at home through the playoffs, up until the semi-state right?
Big game maroons big statement :Cheerlead
Walt Longmire Wrote:Big win for the Maroons. This should put them at home through the playoffs, up until the semi-state right?

Yup, thats correct!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Yep, that's correct....dang it all!!!
Great Game. wish i could have been there
Congrats PC
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW PC. Congrats to the young Maroons. Making waves!
272 yards, saying they bottled him up is ignorance
I had very high expectations for Harris going into this game. I noticed some things Friday night that impressed me and some things that I would hate to have on my team. His numbers speak for themselves on the impressive side. At halftime I saw 99% of the team running through warm-up routines and one player standing off to the side, Harris. Every hard hit he took, he seemed dazed and didn't want to get up on numerous occasions, even coming out of the game multiple times to collect himself. His body language was horrible and PC's defense smelled blood every time they saw it. He took a beating on the field against PC. That's expected for a one man show. I hope he fixes those flaws in the next two years or he'll be eaten alive in the Big 10. He's a great talent, I hope he makes the best of it! Good luck!
PocoLegend Wrote:272 yards, saying they bottled him up is ignorance
Not really-he broke two long runs, but took a beating the rest of the night. what Wildcat 18 said is correct, several times after being tackled, he either laid down on the field or took his self out of the game and a couple times it was 3rd and 4 or 5 when Madison Southern needed him. I am not saying he isn't a great player because he is, but he had to carry the ball about 15 times more against Pulaski to get his yardage and was held to 2 touchdowns when he averages 5 per game. So far in his carrer he is 0-3 against the Maroons!
Well, not sound as if I'm trying to defend Harris but I guess I will. One man football team usually don't do well. I wasn't at the game so I can't speak to it. However having seen southern play, I wasn't impressed with oline play against whitley co, I can only imagine how it was against a good pc team. I also seem to remember a great rb who used to get up slow tgen burn you, By the name of Earl. Now not comparing harris to Campbell but....I can only imagine how many hits harris took Friday, with the lack of help, I and everyone of you would be frustrated to, great player or not. Only so much a16-17 year old can carry alone.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Other than the 1st quarter and the one play in the 4th quarter, the Pulaski defense did a pretty good job of keeping him bottled up.

???????? He had 272 yards.