Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs McCreary Central
Corbin returned the McCreary Central punt to the house. Extra point no good. Corbin 6 McCreary Central 0 with 9:22 left in the first
Touchdown Corbin. Corbin 14 McCreary Central 0 with 4:34 left in the first quarter
Another touchdown Corbin. Extra point no good. Corbin 20 McCreary Central 0 with 2:34 left in the first quarter
Touchdown Corbin. Corbin 34 McCreary Central 0 second quarter
That's the running clock. Touchdown Corbin. Corbin 41 McCreary Central 0 with 4:49 left in the half
Touchdown Corbin at the end of the first half. Corbin 47 McCreary Central 0.
Corbin 54 McCreary Central 0 third quarter
End of the third quarter Corbin 54 McCreary Central 0
Corbin 60 McCreary Central 0 fourth quarter
Final
how does a 3a team only have 18 players!!! That's crazy!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:how does a 3a team only have 18 players!!! That's crazy!!

Because it's actually a 1A Football program in a 3A school. I'd love know the number of kids that MC has that don't live in Stearns (or even Whitley City). You got a whole lot of people out in the rural parts of the county that have never cared about football, and they likely never will, yet they add population to the school and give it nothing as far as extra curricula's go.

Then again, you are talking to somebody that whole heartedly believes that demographical factors have so much more influence on sports programs and their direction than any offseason, coaching, etc. can ever overcome (a "good" year here or there, sure).
Go Big Red! Wrote:how does a 3a team only have 18 players!!! That's crazy!!

While i was at the game, i counted 18 as well, along with 1 or 2 in steeet clothes.
It is crazy, but MC has to get better numbers out.
I was surprised at how athletic a couple of there kids were, but there were beat before they ever put the pads on.