Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley hilton will be coaching at whitley
Smile
I could see this as a possibility. He put out some feelers after last season about the possibility of getting the job at another area school, but that job did not come open. The A/D at Whitley might be a hangup though.
:hilarious:
Wow very interesting
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I guess this would mean Corbin definitely wont schedule us now :biggrin:

I would pay attention to what RealBadman is saying though. Hes very close to the situation and will probably know more than anyone else.

I heard this from a family member that has ties real close to the situation! It's again not a closed deal yet but it's very much in the works could fall flat tho never know. This just means Corbin will actually schedule Whitley now if the deal goes thur!! It could possibly be some competition. Lol!! Just kidding with ya GUT I don't know what the reasoning behind Corbin walking away from playing Whitley. Just don't make sense it would in most years be a GREAT game and would draw huge crowds. IMO it would be great for football and great for the community. I would much rather play Whitley then drive 3 hours to play the worst team in the state. I heard Whitley offered a two for one deal!! Why would Corbin walk away from that??? I think Knox central, Whitley co, and Corbin should play every year!! I would say throw one of the laurel co teams in there but they have been awful for years.
Is this one of those baseless rumors that circulates every year or is there some validity to it?
Go Big Red! Wrote:I heard this from a family member that has ties real close to the situation! It's again not a closed deal yet but it's very much in the works could fall flat tho never know. This just means Corbin will actually schedule Whitley now if the deal goes thur!! It could possibly be some competition. Lol!! Just kidding with ya GUT I don't know what the reasoning behind Corbin walking away from playing Whitley. Just don't make sense it would in most years be a GREAT game and would draw huge crowds. IMO it would be great for football and great for the community. I would much rather play Whitley then drive 3 hours to play the worst team in the state. I heard Whitley offered a two for one deal!! Why would Corbin walk away from that??? I think Knox central, Whitley co, and Corbin should play every year!! I would say throw one of the laurel co teams in there but they have been awful for years.

play williamsburg, didnt the lsat time they play corbin they beat corbin
Granny Bear Wrote:What??? No Petrino???

We couldn't get him.
Hes going to a major university for millions.
Our offer was a half a million shy.
Full deck Wrote:play williamsburg, didnt the lsat time they play corbin they beat corbin

Nothing to gain from playing Wburg.
There like the little step child everyone wants to beat out of the county.
Perosnally, Id love to give them to Tennessee, but they turned it down as well.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:GUT there is no way Scott Paul was just a teacher when you were in high school. You said you were 29. The math doesn't add up. I think you are playing games with the poor people on this site.

Quit being stupid.
ataclance Wrote:What's the name of his place? Going to MB next month. Like to try it out and support a KY guy.

I cant think of it right now.
Ill let you know later. Ill have to ask somebody.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We couldn't get him.
Hes going to a major university for millions.
Our offer was a half a million shy.
I would take Petrino.....the man knows how to win, just keep him away from the ladies..
He will not leave while JD is playing. After that he will look for the best hs job out there. There is a limit btw that a school can pay it's head coach. How they get around that is to also give them other positions within the school system that pays much more and has little or no responsibility. A school cannot just pay a Head Coach thousands and thousands of dollars just to coach. Can't do it.
Black is not from South Carolina and not does he have a resteraunt. Black is from Ohio. So if you were waiting for a name of the place it's not coming.
I talked to Dudley back in April when I was at UPike. Didn't get the impression he wanted to leave there. (Now once his son is gone, he could have different thoughts)
64black&gold Wrote:He will not leave while JD is playing. After that he will look for the best hs job out there. There is a limit btw that a school can pay it's head coach. How they get around that is to also give them other positions within the school system that pays much more and has little or no responsibility. A school cannot just pay a Head Coach thousands and thousands of dollars just to coach. Can't do it.

I believe anyone with football knowledge knows that.
However, with the right people around the program, charity can make a coach a happy man.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Black is not from South Carolina and not does he have a resteraunt. Black is from Ohio. So if you were waiting for a name of the place it's not coming.

It was a joke to get yourself riled up....
After all, isnt that the point of this thread? :biggrin:

Its nice that it got you to reply though.
For facts, Coach Black is from Fairfield Ohio.
He WAS a high school coach in South Carolina before coming to Whitley the first time. He was even at Cumberland if im not mistaken.
As for the resteraunt...Confusednicker:
ataclance Wrote:What's the name of his place? Going to MB next month. Like to try it out and support a KY guy.

Sorry i mislead you at FormerJackets expense.
As far as i know, he does not own any resteraunts Confusednicker: