Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Regional Power Rankings- WKY
1. Bowling Green- Yeah they put up over 90...
2. Mayfield- Cards continue to roll.. week 9 and 10 will be fun
3. Caldwell County- Tigers offense continue to blow up scoreboards
4. Henderson County- Colonels opponent may be a little tougher than originally thought this week
5. McCracken County- Mustangs are red hot....
I certainly would put McCracken ahead of Henderson. I may even put them ahead of Caldwell or Mayfield. They are a holy terror right now. I do think their backs and receivers need to quit the showboating in the end zone after every score though. I saw on WPSD one of slide to his knees, and do some type of gestures with his hands. A bit much. The score should be enough. Play like you have been there.
Looks about right to me. McCracken will have it's opportunity to prove itself in the next few weeks. Henderson won't be a pushover. Plus, some of those past Lone Oak teams were hyped to the gills, too, but, seldom lived up to there billing and they aren't in 4A anymore.
This aint hype though fellas. I knew they were overhyped in some of the years past. This year underhyped.
Bowling Green is overrated, plain and simple. They get beat up in the finals by Highlands, or lose to a team that Highlands thumped in the finals, and now all of a sudden they're the best team in the state since they left the division they knew they couldn't play in. I think Johnson Central, even an injured Cov Cath would beat BG.
WideRight05 Wrote:Bowling Green is overrated, plain and simple. They get beat up in the finals by Highlands, or lose to a team that Highlands thumped in the finals, and now all of a sudden they're the best team in the state since they left the division they knew they couldn't play in. I think Johnson Central, even an injured Cov Cath would beat BG.
:biglmao: I seriously want some of what you have been smoking! BG is the real deal, and will go through 5A like a hot knife though butter. In fact, they might do that in ANY class this year.
WideRight05 Wrote:Bowling Green is overrated, plain and simple. They get beat up in the finals by Highlands, or lose to a team that Highlands thumped in the finals, and now all of a sudden they're the best team in the state since they left the division they knew they couldn't play in. I think Johnson Central, even an injured Cov Cath would beat BG.

So, are you saying Bowling Green is overrated this year or 2007 or 2010. I am talking about this year, 2013, when I say, Bowling Green is the best team in the state. Stop living in the past.
Bowling Green is the best team in the state right now. If you don't like hearing that, see if Highlands or Trinity will schedule a game to settle it.
Bowling Green has had every opportunity to prove that they could compete in the same region as Highlands and proved they couldn't do it.

2007 - Lost 28-7 to Highlands in the state title game
2008 - Lost 28-21 to Owensboro in the second round (Highlands beat Christian County in the finals that year 35-15)
2009 - Lost 28-21 to John Hardin, who Highlands slugged around in a 35-7 victory in the state finals
2010 - Once again, lost in the regional semis. This time 14-10 to Christian County, who wsa shut out 50-0 by Highlands in the state finals.

Everything I say is fact. Bowling Green has had chance after chance, but proved they couldn't keep up with the big boys. Highlands, Cov Cath, and Johnson Central move to 4A for tougher competition and now BG can suddenly destroy everyone in their path.

WKY football is slow and undisciplined, no way BG is the best team in the state.
That is exactly why Highlands struggled with a Paducah Tilghman team that our little 1a school beat from, you guessed it Western Ky. No one has gotten on here and slammed N Ky Football, so don't start that with us. I think we proved we are not slow over here and I think we will prove it again in November.
He is just trying to stir the pot. He knows deep down. Bowling Green hasn't lost since 2010. Again, In the last 20 years, Bowling Green and Highlands have met twice, both were championship games and each won one. If your team barely beats Paducah Tilghman and John Hardin, you don't want any of the Purples.
I noticed there is a thread on here dedicated to him. I am not quiet sure what the heck it means though.
adopted purple Wrote:He is just trying to stir the pot. He knows deep down. Bowling Green hasn't lost since 2010. Again, In the last 20 years, Bowling Green and Highlands have met twice, both were championship games and each won one. If your team barely beats Paducah Tilghman and John Hardin, you don't want any of the Purples.

Highlands is a very good team, but John physcially pushed them around IMO in their game. I hope to see BG in the State Semis again this year. I think John will have their act together and some of their younger players, who are their most explosive players, will see significant action. Should be fun.
WideRight05 Wrote:Bowling Green has had every opportunity to prove that they could compete in the same region as Highlands and proved they couldn't do it.

2007 - Lost 28-7 to Highlands in the state title game
2008 - Lost 28-21 to Owensboro in the second round (Highlands beat Christian County in the finals that year 35-15)
2009 - Lost 28-21 to John Hardin, who Highlands slugged around in a 35-7 victory in the state finals
2010 - Once again, lost in the regional semis. This time 14-10 to Christian County, who wsa shut out 50-0 by Highlands in the state finals.

Everything I say is fact. Bowling Green has had chance after chance, but proved they couldn't keep up with the big boys. Highlands, Cov Cath, and Johnson Central move to 4A for tougher competition and now BG can suddenly destroy everyone in their path.

WKY football is slow and undisciplined, no way BG is the best team in the state.

It's amazing that Mayfield has dominated that fast Beechwood team for the past 4 years, as slow and undisciplined as they are. It's equally amazing that Pad Tilghman was able to sack Highlands swift QB 6 times. These are facts, as well.
If you get to the finals you will get your wish.
It's a shame when you guys fall into the trap here. Posts like that, you have to just make them noise in the background. You knew he was just baiting....
adopted purple Wrote:He is just trying to stir the pot. He knows deep down. Bowling Green hasn't lost since 2010. Again, In the last 20 years, Bowling Green and Highlands have met twice, both were championship games and each won one. If your team barely beats Paducah Tilghman and John Hardin, you don't want any of the Purples.

Guess what? Highlands hasn't lost the title since 2006. Using your logic in score comparison, BG played St. X close a few times during the 2000's. Where are all the state titles to show for it?

I respect Mayfield for being so small and doing well, but every time BG and Highlands were in the same division the state title game was usually a one-way disaster.

2005 - Lexington catholic 49 BG 21
2006 - Cov Cath 27 BG 8
2007 - Highlands 28 BG 7

BG would lose before the finals the next few years to teams highlands would slaughter. Facts are not something BG fans like to see.