Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort Campbell @ Paducah Tilghman 10/11
Key 3A-1 district contest between two under performing teams. Ft. Campbell (2-4) has an explosive offense and has played well at times against tough competition, like Russellville and Caldwell County, but they were blown out by a rapidly improving McCracken team. Tilghman may starting to benefit from the Shanks effect. Friday, with a full week of practice under recently rehired defensive coordinator Larry Shanks, PT scored its first 17 points with a net 10 yards of total offense because the defense and special teams are starting to make plays. Overall, PT held Madisonville North Hopkins and its backup QB to under 100 offensive yards for the game. PT's standout kicker Miles Butler has recovered from an injury suffered in the Graves County game.

Tilghman is capable of winning the game. But so is Fort Campbell, which embarrassed Tilghman 43 -14 in this matchup last year. Fort Campbell is coming off an open week and should be healthy.
There is no reason whatsoever that Tilghman shouldn't win this game by a respectable margin.

FC's defense is non-existent.
Tica, it sounds like you may be starting to believe what I have been saying. I think with him back in charge of that defense they may just be a final four or maybe even state bound team. I hope for the later. I would like to see PT in 3a, Mayfield in 1a, Caldwell in 2a all at BG. I would say Graves and McCracken, but I don't think those can happen. They would have to beat Trinity and Bowling Green in the semis to get there.