Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps vs. Powell predictions
I actually debated on going with Powell in this one, But I think Phelps finds a way to win it and Powell finds a way to blow it late in the 4th.
Phelps 20--Powell 16
Both team looking for 1st win but I think Phelps will be inspired to prove they do what a football is after the 72-6 drubbing last week.
I think after the Betsy lane loss, Powell is down and Phelps will roll in and beat them at Powell. If Phelps plays at all they can win this one, Same bunch shows up that played SV and Powell could have a shot at this one.
I still think Phelps wins in a close one.:ChairHit:
i agree...Phelps in a close one
I Agree also...Phelps Finds A Way ta Win
phelps 6
Powell-8
Betsy Layne beat Powell County and Phelps has to be better than BL I'd say Phelps wins 21-7.
Powell County will win this one if they can come out and play like they did the 1st half against bl
Depends if Powell gets some players off the injured list for Fridays game. This really hurt them in the Besty Layne game, especially down the stretch in the second half.
Hmmm, how many games have you watched the Bobcats play? Personally, I think they are becoming very competitive!
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Betsy Layne beat Powell County and Phelps has to be better than BL I'd say Phelps wins 21-7.
Where is this game being played. If its at Phelps thats a no brainer, they always win at home.
I've heard BL won over Powell and had 10 players out.
Who Knows?????????
littlebluefan Wrote:Where is this game being played. If its at Phelps thats a no brainer, they always win at home.
I've heard BL won over Powell and had 10 players out.
Who Knows?????????

Yeah right!! Phelps lost last year when they played P'ville at home... they don't always win at home!! It depends on how ya play ball!!!!
True 86'
But good news, Powell aint P'VILLE' lol
Bad news Powell beat Phelps at Phelps last year.I still say if Phelps plays at all they will win this one. Too many of these teams are trying to come out in an ace look, 2 slots, singleback, Deep motion, Jet motion just trying to be fancy when they don't have the speed or atheletes to run this stuff. Advice for Phelps, Just line up and run right at them, They can't stop the sweep either. Bring the heat on their qb all night long, Their line cannot pick up the blitz. Don't line up in a 4-4 Defense when you don't have the kids to play that, Cause a double tight wishbone or I will kill you off tackle.
Run at least a 5-3 or 6-2 to stop the run. Common sense and you can win this one.
Phelps 20-12
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:True 86'
But good news, Powell aint P'VILLE' lol
Bad news Powell beat Phelps at Phelps last year.I still say if Phelps plays at all they will win this one. Too many of these teams are trying to come out in an ace look, 2 slots, singleback, Deep motion, Jet motion just trying to be fancy when they don't have the speed or atheletes to run this stuff. Advice for Phelps, Just line up and run right at them, They can't stop the sweep either. Bring the heat on their qb all night long, Their line cannot pick up the blitz. Don't line up in a 4-4 Defense when you don't have the kids to play that, Cause a double tight wishbone or I will kill you off tackle.
Run at least a 5-3 or 6-2 to stop the run. Common sense and you can win this one.

Thanks!! I appreciate the advice.. well.... not that I am a coach or anything!! LOL....BUT... I will tell my nephew to get on here and check it out. He is back now that he has his cast off...
people who are not coaching needs to stop act like they are, 86' you need to grow up and stop complaing. not like everyone plays a team who plays dirty. yeah powell lost in a heart breaker, but look at what happend, if you even saw what happend, atleast 45 yards of penalties on bl's final drive, and only 1 or 2 was a legitamate call. this game should be pretty even, last year it was 0-0 at the half, it prolly will be about the same come friday, and plus its our hall of fame bowl you knnow we are gonna be pumped and ready to win. im not going to predict a score ill just say a close one til a qtr.
stroked Wrote:people who are not coaching needs to stop act like they are, 86' you need to grow up and stop complaing. not like everyone plays a team who plays dirty. yeah powell lost in a heart breaker, but look at what happend, if you even saw what happend, atleast 45 yards of penalties on bl's final drive, and only 1 or 2 was a legitamate call. this game should be pretty even, last year it was 0-0 at the half, it prolly will be about the same come friday, and plus its our hall of fame bowl you knnow we are gonna be pumped and ready to win. im not going to predict a score ill just say a close one til a qtr.

UH... I don't recall that I SAID that I was coaching!! I said it "was not like I was a coach".... maybe you read into my post wrong??? As for Powell Co.... I have NO idea what they have and could really to be totally honest CARE LESS!!!!!
SO, if your gonna critique someone look elsewhere.... and besides.... I'm probably OLDER than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL......(how's that for grown up???)
Phelps by a touchdown in a close game
86',
Pay that no mind what-so-ever. Same guy has been privating me calling me names like a little EXCUSE-MAKING baby. I can't stand excuse makers, When you get beat, You get beat, Bottom line. Always wanna blame the refs or bad calls, Give me a break.
Betsy lane came back from 22-12 at the half and whipped their butts in the 2nd half.
END OF STORY! Phelps can win this one, Bring the heat, Watch out for a little trickery,
Pick the deep ball, Sweep them all night. Keep it simple and be 1-1 on the season.
I hope they do!! Great bunch of kids who work hard and hopefully will come out on top!! and... as for the previous poster..... UH..... FORGOTTEN!!! lololololol.....
Phelps will get their first win of the season by a score of 21 to 14!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
We think alot alike Belfry Justice. I noticed alot of our predicts are close.
Great minds think alike!
(lol)