Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay 42 Whitley 36
Final, Clay gets a W
Whitley ran out of time at the 13 yard line. Clay was up 42-20 and the game appeared over. Whitley couldn't tackle the Karr kid all night as he rambled for 300 yards. The Mills kid had a big night for Whitley as he returned to action tonight.
Mills will only help Whitley get better. He didnt play any defense tonight and I think it could have made a huge difference in Clay doing what they wanted tonight.

As E said, Whitley mad a good comeback in the 4th, but just ran out of time. I think Whitley recovered two or three onside kicks throughout the game. Both teams really needed the win, and im happy to see the Clay kids get a much deserved one.

As for Whitley, Im lost on words. It seems its one thing after another.
First time Whitleys went 0-5 in there first 5 games in 20 years. The last time they did it they won out and went 5-5 that year. Hopefully we can get the same results, but this teams needs some mojo. Very little confidence, but I think they can beat Knox. After that, the real fun begins with district play.
whitley County You just saw pride and courage in action, you should be so very proud of your young men. The players of that team just proved to all who know anything about athletes that not only are they as good as any in the mountains, they possess the will to lay it all on the line reguardless of their chances. Boys you are WINNERS and a perfect example of what all winning programs have in common. I for one am so proud of each of you.
Whitley will have to tackle better to beat Knox. Colonels not as hard nosed on D as we have come to expect. Mills speed would have been a big help on D tonight.
^
If I was Black I would do nothing but tackling drills all week. If we dont tackle Gist will have a 300+ game like Carr did.
If we tackle and keep containment, we will beat Knox. I think Knox, Bell, and Whitley are very equal when it comes to this year and one or two plays our way will make a huge difference.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
If I was Black I would do nothing but tackling drills all week. If we dont tackle Gist will have a 300+ game like Carr did.
If we tackle and keep containment, we will beat Knox. I think Knox, Bell, and Whitley are very equal when it comes to this year and one or two plays our way will make a huge difference.

I am not sure tackling drills are the answer. I am not sure what will happen next week, but obviousley Mills makes them better offensively. I do think they will beat Perry and have a shot to beat Letcher. This would give them a home playoff game and this should be the focus.
^
I wasnt joking last week when i said this team could go 2-8 and host a playoff game Confusednicker:
2-8 appears to be the direction they are headed. But LCC PCC are both beginning to play better and are not gimmes.
The kids need a win to gain some confidence. Every loss causes more and more players to doubt how good they could be. Yes we are better than we are showing!
It time to put a complete game together and try to save this season with some wins!!
I liked the excitement and effort that Whitley showed once they started their comeback. Mills is very good. Very quick, elusive and runs hard.
No doubt, mills is the fastest and most athletic player in Tri- county.
This week is BIG and if we take care of business, we will finish strong!
Good win for clay county going to feel good Monday morning at work.among the clay nation :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
topnotch Wrote:whitley County You just saw pride and courage in action, you should be so very proud of your young men. The players of that team just proved to all who know anything about athletes that not only are they as good as any in the mountains, they possess the will to lay it all on the line reguardless of their chances. Boys you are WINNERS and a perfect example of what all winning programs have in common. I for one am so proud of each of you.

Get real they just got beat by Clay county on their home field on homecoming, moral victory ? :biglmao:
1/4bak Wrote:Get real they just got beat by Clay county on their home field on homecoming, moral victory ? :biglmao:

I agree no moral victory to be had, but this does not change the fact they can finish second in the district and probably host North in the playoffs. If the coaching staff can keep it together and not let it fall apart. I will admit it is hard to stay into it when you aren't winning.Loosing is never fun, but they do have the ability to finish second.
Could be hosting Madison southern. North will give Southern all they want.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mills will only help Whitley get better. He didnt play any defense tonight and I think it could have made a huge difference in Clay doing what they wanted tonight.

As E said, Whitley mad a good comeback in the 4th, but just ran out of time. I think Whitley recovered two or three onside kicks throughout the game. Both teams really needed the win, and im happy to see the Clay kids get a much deserved one.

As for Whitley, Im lost on words. It seems its one thing after another.
First time Whitleys went 0-5 in there first 5 games in 20 years. The last time they did it they won out and went 5-5 that year. Hopefully we can get the same results, but this teams needs some mojo. Very little confidence, but I think they can beat Knox. After that, the real fun begins with district play.

I think Whitley has a good shot to win the Knox game, they can't afford to get behind early
I think Whitley beats Knox this week.
Ive never seen Whitley, Bell, and Knox be this bad all in the same year.
All three teams are very weak.
You aren't very old then. You missed the 70s and the first half of the 80s. Cawood used to beat all three of them every year.
HDE Wrote:You aren't very old then. You missed the 70s and the first half of the 80s. Cawood used to beat all three of them every year.

I remember the 90s very well when Whitley would beat Cawood every year in blowouts.
Im 30 this year.
Did you mean im not really old? Confusednicker:

You sound like all of these old geezers who thinks the 80's were just the other day.
Its been 40 years ago since the seventies were being played, making high school players at that time almost eliglbe for retirment and social security :biglmao:
It's sad to be an old geezer, but I think it would be worst not to remember two great decades like the 70s and 80's.
Are you saying the 80s weren't just the other day? It seems like last week.
Also, I was wrong on the 0-5 season.
Its the first time since 1984 that Whitley has started 0-5.
Been 30 years since we struggled this much out of the gate.

I was 4 months old that last time this happened Confusednicker:
HDE Wrote:It's sad to be an old geezer, but I think it would be worst not to remember two great decades like the 70s and 80's.
Are you saying the 80s weren't just the other day? It seems like last week.

Oh trust me, I hear my dad say "the other day" when referring to stuff that happened over 20 years ago Confusednicker:

They were two great decades for the country. I would give anytihng to have Reagen back in office :biggrin:

I was just referring to the fact that you old geezers act like it was just the other day. I find myself thinking that about the 90's though. I can remember flashbacks that dont feel like its been that long ago. Ive been out of high school for over a decade now, and i can remember my first day of high school...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I remember the 90s very well when Whitley would beat Cawood every year in blowouts.
Im 30 this year.
Did you mean im not really old? Confusednicker:

You sound like all of these old geezers who thinks the 80's were just the other day.
Its been 40 years ago since the seventies were being played, making high school players at that time almost eliglbe for retirment and social security :biglmao:

I played in the 90's, and I remember Cawood being very good until about 1993. They had very good players. I think to big a deal is made about Whitley's start. It is not going to be a year when Whitley has a winning record, but as I have said many times they can end up with a similar first round matchup as last season.