Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central kicker Tyler Pack ties state field goal record
It sounds like someone needs to make a highlight film of several of his big kicks and start emailing them out to colleges. This kid sounds like a candidate for a good scholarship. Good kickers can be hard to find. Who knows maybe he can be like the Mastay kid from Murray and win a Super Bowl some day.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC has had James Barrett, Trent Davis and now Tyler Pack as kickers in the Matney era. And if I'm leaving somebody out, please forgive me.

I can't think of the guys last name, his first name was Miguel (I think) in the 1999 season, he was a foreign exchange student that (if memory serves me right) attempted a state record field goal but missed it.

Miguel Garcia-Romanillos. I recall Coach Musick occasionally called him the "Spanish Armada". He did hit from at least 47, and they tried for a state record at Morgan County, I think, but missed.
^
Whatever become of him?
You hear of these good foreign exchange students coming in but once there gone, nobody, not even former teammates know what happened to them...
I would like to offer Tyler an unofficial offer to attend Western Kentucky University. Colleges will soon be bombarding him with offers.
Congrats on the achievement.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Whatever become of him?
You hear of these good foreign exchange students coming in but once there gone, nobody, not even former teammates know what happened to them...

In Miguel's case, he went back to Spain after his year here and I'm not sure what he's up to now. This was probably 15 years ago, though.
eagle 777 Wrote:Been going to JC games for years but never had the pleasure of watching a good field goal kicker. Well he is not a good kicker but a amazing one! Well to this young man you have brought another excitement to our game. To be a sophomore we still have no idea of his limit on a kick. Going to be a joy to watch him thru the years!!!!!!!!!!

Wait just a sec. Have you guys already forgotten Trent Davis?!! Your kicker from just 2 seasons ago.

Are you saying he wasn't any good?

Well, as I recall and witnessed. Someone thought he was good enough to fly him from London, KY (After a soccer game), to Ashland, KY (For a football game). :truestory:

I recall many, many FGs he kicked and made. When given the chance. So he wasn't just an extra point kicker. :please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Trent was also a great kicker, I always called him Mr. accurate.
any film of him doing this kick

some teams may kick one that is 40 yards when it is really 39 or 39.5 and just say 40yds.

should have to have legit film proof to khsaa before it can be declared state record

not saying he didnt do it either, only need and should show proof
Full deck Wrote:any film of him doing this kick

some teams may kick one that is 40 yards when it is really 39 or 39.5 and just say 40yds.

should have to have legit film proof to khsaa before it can be declared state record

not saying he didnt do it either, only need and should show proof

There are plenty of shares on Facebook of the actual kick.....It was legit...
Bob Seger Wrote:There are plenty of shares on Facebook of the actual kick.....It was legit...

Thats good, im sure some have lied about stats in the past, congrats to the kid
K-Lite 94.7 radio has a video up on their FB page, specifically, posted Friday night. Make sure you watch with the sound on. It sounds like a cannon when he hits it. And it definitely is on the 48 yard line as I look again (making it a 58 yard attempt). Wow. And it has distance to spare.
Congrats Tyler. Nice accomplishment. I'm sure that leg of yours will pay for your college education.
The thing that I find most amazing is, this is the first year he has put his foot to a football. He has tremendous upside.
I wonder if they ordered a cage to wrap the new scoreboard so he dont put a hole in it?
I was at the down marker.... It was legit.