Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top teams in 2a
who do u think the top 5 teams in 2a football are.
1. Russell
2. Belfry
3. Corbin
4. Mercer County
5. Newport
6. Sheldon Clark
Tomcat68 Wrote:1. Russell
2. Belfry
3. Corbin
4. Mercer County
5. Newport
6. Sheldon Clark

I'd probably go
1. Russell
2. Belfry
3. Mercer Co
4. Newport
5. Corbin

I will happy to see Mercer go away.Confusedhh:
Put E-town and O-Cath in the list. Seems as if everyone only puts teams from the eastern half of the state in the lists on this site.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Put E-town and O-Cath in the list. Seems as if everyone only puts teams from the eastern half of the state in the lists on this site.

Well favor us with your top 5 in AA. So we can have more to discuss on here. Who would you put in there and in what order. I know nothing about E-town and O-cath seems to have lost a lot to graduation.
1 and 2. Russell and Belfry have won the last 3 state championships and are poised to do it again.
3. Mercer consolidated with some other school(s) and have been unstoppable since.
4. Newport returns a lot from a team that lost by 1 point in OT to Russell in the regional final and just lost this week to defedning 1A state champ NCC who would have won 2A last season if they competed there.
5. Corbin held a top 5 team in 3A (Rockcastle) to zero offensive points losing 2-0 last week.
6. Sheldon Clark was a bit of a stretch but they're getting better and better.

Owensboro Catholic lost a lot from the last 2 season's great runs so I don't expect them to be a top 5 team this season though they may be again next year. I don't know a whole lot about Elizabethtown except that they're solid every year.

Please feel free to give your opinions to why either of those two teams should be ranked in the top 5 ahead of any of these teams.
1. Russel
2. Mercer co.
3. Belfry
4. Corbin
5. Sheldon clark
1- Mercer co.- pretty much a 4a team playin 2a football, for this year any how.
Great coach in Jaggers, Juggernaut in 2a.
2- Russell- Great win 35-6 over 3a greenup, Noslow start this year.
3-Belfry--You beat NCC, You did something,
4- Lou. Western--Play tonight vs. North Laurel, Has 2 of the fastest kids in the state in 40 times at UK combine in Collins and Dardon.
5- Sheldon Clark--proving early on they are contenders in 2a.
i agree with mr.football but i havent seen mecer co. play......
1. Mercer County
2. Russel
3. Belfry
4. Louisville Western
5. Corbin
i agree with the exception of sheldon clark
Woo Wee Wrote:i agree with the exception of sheldon clark

no sheldon clark has a really good team this year..i agree with mr football
Midee1 Wrote:Well favor us with your top 5 in AA. So we can have more to discuss on here. Who would you put in there and in what order. I know nothing about E-town and O-cath seems to have lost a lot to graduation.
1. Mercer County
2. Western
3. Ft. Campbell
4. Russell
5. E-town

I think that there are several teams such as Belfry and Middlesboro that are just as good as 4-5, and there are many quality teams in 2A IMO.

HELL FIRE BRAHMA,
Fort Campbell is like 0-2, wtf
Just kiddin Brahma, (lol) hahahahaha
Fort Campbell did beat tighlman and Etown is 2-0.
Larue beat 4a John Hardin.
Fort Campbell and the most of the west are typically chokers, FC choked put last year.
Larue was undefeated a couple years ago and choked out.
The Russels and Belfrys are their year in and year out unlike the chokers from out west.
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Just kiddin Brahma, (lol) hahahahaha
Fort Campbell did beat tighlman and Etown is 2-0.
Larue beat 4a John Hardin.
Fort Campbell and the most of the west are typically chokers, FC choked put last year.
Larue was undefeated a couple years ago and choked out.
The Russels and Belfrys are their year in and year out unlike the chokers from out west.
I agree the western schools have been "chokers" in the post season, but they are just as good and should be ranked as high as the eastern Ky. schools.

MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:HELL FIRE BRAHMA,
Fort Campbell is like 0-2, wtf
Before you come at me, come with the facts.............
Fort Campbell (2-0) - Beat Fort Knox 49-3

Brahma, See my post before your last 2,
I know there undefeated, Just gettin you going a little bit.
You know that almost evexpert in the state picked Fort Campbell to breeze through 2a last season.
Breathitt, Belfry, Russell, Sems the western teams typically just aren't physical enough to beat the eastern Ky. teams in 2a. For about the last 10 years Eastern ky. has pretty much owned 2a. Fort Knox back in 96 was the best 2a team the west has ever produced imo, They played a Breathitt team that lost 14 seniors, Well you know the outcome. Seems O-CATH can get their but they just can't win it.
Belfry and Russell and a bad match up for teams like O cath and Etown because of the smash-mouth style contrast vs. a more finess-pass oriented offense.
Sorry for the mispells , It's hard to type and hold a 3 year old (lol)
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Sorry for the mispells , It's hard to type and hold a 3 year old (lol)
:letspartyI know how it is, I have a 7, 5, and 3 year old myself. This is all in good fun, I do not mean to offend you with anything I say on here.

russell- alot of talent from last year.
Mercer- heard they are pretty good.
corbin- played with rockcastle and lost 2-0
Larue- beat a 4a team
Owensboro Catholic- last years runner up for state
t-cat50 Wrote:russell- alot of talent from last year.
Mercer- heard they are pretty good.
corbin- played with rockcastle and lost 2-0
Larue- beat a 4a team
Owensboro Catholic- last years runner up for state
Did not Larue also lose to a 1A school?
Bardstown34vs. Larue County14

But then turned around and beat John Hardin last week didnt they.
Its not how you start but how you finish,Just think a team like Mercer that dresses 90 is going to be hell to beat for anyone in 2a.
Have you ever saw Sheldon Clark play Brahma, They are as physical as they come.
They run that Belly right at you , Nothing fancy.You'd think Matney was still over there lol. Lawrence may not have the best record, But anyone who plays them will say they will hit you. Boyd beat Russell last year. I think SC will make some noise and If they get by Belfry will be 10-0 reg. season. ( I do say If). We'll see I guess.
MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Have you ever saw Sheldon Clark play Brahma, They are as physical as they come.
They run that Belly right at you , Nothing fancy.You'd think Matney was still over there lol. Lawrence may not have the best record, But anyone who plays them will say they will hit you. Boyd beat Russell last year. I think SC will make some noise and If they get by Belfry will be 10-0 reg. season. ( I do say If). We'll see I guess.
I have seen them.

MR.FOOTBALL Wrote:Sorry for the mispells , It's hard to type and hold a 3 year old (lol)
You got that right, I understand.....lol
yea
Russell, Belfry or Sheldon Clark will win 2A this year.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Russell, Belfry or Sheldon Clark will win 2A this year.
OK!:ChairHit:

BelfryJustice Wrote:Russell, Belfry or Sheldon Clark will win 2A this year.

I'll take Russell for the win Alex!:moon: