Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell County @ Pulaski County
Lakers hold for a 4th and 2 on a short field then give up a TD on the 4th down conversion. Playing well against the run, but can't stop the passing game at all now.

42 14 PC
Russell CO marches down field for a 1st and goal on the 8 and throws another INT on the 3
PC TD w/ 4:32 remaining

49-14

Lakers are worn out, starters for both teams still in.
Butt whoopin!
Finally a little life from the Lakers as Smiddy completes a 60-yard TD pass, PAT good

49-21 PC 4:04 remaining
Didn't expect this!
Forever Maroon Wrote:Butt whoopin!

Wouldn't quite go that far, you simply can't turn the ball over 5-6 times to a quality team. PC is obviously a better team right now, but the Lakers just lost control during the 3rd quarter, and couldn't stop the PC passing game.

This is the kind of game we expected from PC the last two years, but just didn't get it. Hopefully this will be beneficial come playoff time.
Final

49-21 Pulaski County
Turnovers by both teams. Russell scored late to make it look good. Not sure if your definition of butt whoopin, but that was pretty a butt whoopin! Fletcher with-9 yards rushing... Read that again... -9
Forever Maroon Wrote:Turnovers by both teams. Russell scored late to make it look good. Not sure if your definition of butt whoopin, but that was pretty a butt whoopin! Fletcher with-9 yards rushing... Read that again... -9

Pulaski had one turnover early. Russell just ran out of gas and composure in the 3rd. The "late" score by the Lakers was against the PC starter and 30 seconds after the Maroon's last TD. So I guess both teams tacked one on late. Fletcher had a horrible running game tonight, but I believe Ellis went for around 200 yards on the ground.

In the end the better team one, but this game could have been much closer and wasn't as one sided as the score looks. The third quarter was a whoopin, no doubt.
Fletcher 16 carries -9 yards... wow.
PC was definitely more physical. Russell is a good team. Pulaski is just better. I am pretty sure I said that already.
I'll admit it....we got our tail whipped. I was really impressed with the PC quarterback as well as #11. We turned the ball over way to much. I was encouraged by the way we were able to pass the ball some. Cox caught the ball well. It has been a long time since we have lost a game this bad. All we can do is let it make us get better.