Poll: Knox Central @ Harlan Co 9/13/2013.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan Co
95.45%
Knox Central
4.55%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Harlan Co 9/13/2013 Who wins?
Okay, who was the one guy who chose KC for the win in the poll?

Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Okay, who was the one guy who chose KC for the win in the poll?

Confusednicker:

Guess that makes me the only true panther fan!! I'll stand by my team no matter the odds....
Harlan co by 20
Game Day!!!!
:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

It's football time in the mountains!!!!!
:yes:

Another cool evening in Black Bear Nation!! Panthers, travel safely!!

We "bear" the panthers no ill will but sending them home tonight with an "L"!!
Confusednicker:

Go Black Bears!!!!!
Somebody will have to step up and have a big game for the Panthers other than Gist. Bears are to good for Gist to beat them by himself.
nothing like a mad bunch of filthy animals
Harlan 40 Knox 7
Angry AND worked to death this week!!

Go Bears!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Angry AND worked to death this week!!

Go Bears!!!

The thing I like about Larkey is I have a feeling even at his older age that the loss to Belfry last week made him a better coach as well. Guarantee he took some new perspective and notes on how he needs to change/improve his program to continue taking it to the next level.

If I am a betting man I bet you see Harlan County play much less two-way players in the 2014 season as a direct result of playing Belfry.

Bell County those first couple years raised HC's bar and helped Larkey and the Bears evolve the program. Now with Belfry (and Johnson Central for the most part) on the schedule I have a feeling they will take another step forward. Belfry has been the premier program in EKY for the past decade and though on the surface they appear similar to Bell County (running teams, good defenses) they are actually a different kind of animal in terms of how they achieve their success.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The thing I like about Larkey is I have a feeling even at his older age that the loss to Belfry last week made him a better coach as well. Guarantee he took some new perspective and notes on how he needs to change/improve his program to continue taking it to the next level.

I couldn't agree more!

If I am a betting man I bet you see Harlan County play much less two-way players in the 2014 season as a direct result of playing Belfry.

Playing Belfry has done a lot for the team IMO. They have such a tradition in football!!

Bell County those first couple years raised HC's bar and helped Larkey and the Bears evolve the program. Now with Belfry (and Johnson Central for the most part) on the schedule I have a feeling they will take another step forward. Belfry has been the premier program in EKY for the past decade and though on the surface they appear similar to Bell County (running teams, good defenses) they are actually a different kind of animal in terms of how they achieve their success.

The factor that makes them so different is their head coach, IMO.
You can never go wrong by playing good solid teams. It can do nothing but make YOU better. I'm thankful that Belfry and Johnson Central are on our schedule this year, and hope they stay there for years to come. Even if they're so far away; we've driven 2-3 hours ever since the school opened; we can still do it!
Belfry is a very precise team. Never the biggest team, never the fastest, never loaded with D-1 Athletes..but Belfry function like a machine with their timing, assignments, and ability to make you pay for a single mistake. All directly related to Haywood.
HC is on the right track for very big things and I think the next step in that begins tonight when they avenge their loss to KC from last year and put a solid beating on them.
Harlan Co. 40 Knox Central 14
GAMEDAY

Go Bears!!!!!
If Knox can stay in the game early and get a little confidence,they may shock some people tonight .
Any updates on this game?