Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughs on 2013 Pike County Bowl 2014 Hopes.
My thoughts on the 2013 Pike County Bowl(Yes I attended) goes like this.

The match ups were pretty good overall.

The Henry Clay/Pike Central game should have never been scheduled nor should had the Besty Layne/ Phelps GAME.

I think this was the smallest crowds I have seen at the games in which I attended.

2014 Hopes

Format
I am hoping a three day, two game format will be looked at, with three locations.

I would like to see the Sat games start at least one, if not two hourd ealier.

My own personal match ups would be this

Thursday at Shelby Valley

Game 1
Phelps vs Greenup County
Game 2
Ft. Knox vs Shelby Valley

Friday at Belfry
Game 1
East Ridge vs Fleming County
Game 2
Poca High, W.Va. vs Belfry

Saturday at Pikeville High School
Game One
Fleming County vs Pike Central
Owensboro Catholic vs Pikeville

A bunch of different match ups.
Maybe just what the Bowl needs?
So your saying Fleming county should play 2 games in 2 days? That wouldn't be right and I know they wouldn't be up for it.
That was simply a mistake on my part.
I was changing the days around and forgot to delete Fleming County from one of the days.
Thanks for catching that.

Game 1
Phelps vs Greenup County
Game 2

Friday at Belfry
Game 1
Game 2

Game One
Lewis County vs Pike Central
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:That was simply a mistake on my part.
I was changing the days around and forgot to delete Fleming County from one of the days.
Thanks for catching that.

Game 1
Phelps vs Greenup County
Game 2

Friday at Belfry
Game 1
Game 2

Game One
Lewis County vs Pike Central

for ur Ft.Know/SV game heres Ft Knox record since 2004

0-2-0<<<< so far

1-9-0

2-8-0

4-8-0

3-8-0

0-11-0

0-11-0

0-10-0

1-9-0

4-6-0
so come now, u got to do better than that:Thumbs:
You would think Fort Knox could come up with some really good teams.
What the problem over there?
Show me what you want to see for 2014.

I still like the match up because I think it would be a good game.

I would root for Shelby Valley.
Let's face it Valley has not been very good at football very often.
I mean, Paris/SV game wasn't bad.
From what I've heard, basically the same games are going to happen next year...except it'd be vice versa.

For example @ Belfry:

Somerset @ Pike Central

Henry Clay @ Belfry
I figured that would be the case.

I will most likely head to Cincy for the Crosstown Showdown,
J-Rod Wrote:From what I've heard, basically the same games are going to happen next year...except it'd be vice versa.

For example @ Belfry:

Somerset @ Pike Central

Henry Clay @ Belfry

I assure you that is incorrect. There is 0% chance East Ridge and Hazard will be playing.
Shelby Valley/Union Va.
Betsy Layne/Lawrence County
Belfry/Letcher Central
Pike Central/Middlesboro
East Ridge/Morgan County
Pikeville/Wayne WV
Phelps/Knott County
Phelps/Knott County could start early Saturday for a 3 game deal at Pikeville, say around 3:00?
All in all I think this was one of the better PCB's in recent history. Hazard/Pikeville, ER/Haysi, and Paris/SV were both very good matchups. Belfry smacked Somerset pretty good..but it was still a high quality opponent that made Belfry improve.

Phelps simply was mis-matched against a pretty good 2A Betsy Layne.

Pike Central got their teeth kicked in by Henry Clay..but at least it gave people the chance to watch Elijah Bell.

Not complaining..as I said I thought this year was pretty good..but from a hindsight POV, the bets way these matchups could have been handled:

Belfry/Somerset
Pikeville/Hazard
Shelby Valley/Paris
ER/Betsy Layne
Phelps/Haysi

Pike Central/A More Evenly Matched CKY team like a Lexington Christian, Frankfort, or Garrard County
Actually it is vice versa with the games next year for Belfry and Pike Central. I've heard Hazard will play Pikeville again next year and Belfry and Pike Central will switch opponents. I think Betsy Layne and Pike Central would be a good game to watch though. Or possibly even bring Mingo Central over and let them play Pike Central. A better team for Phelps to play would be either Knott County or even Tug Valley, WV.
pirateforlife00 Wrote:Actually it is vice versa with the games next year for Belfry and Pike Central. I've heard Hazard will play Pikeville again next year and Belfry and Pike Central will switch opponents. I think Betsy Layne and Pike Central would be a good game to watch though. Or possibly even bring Mingo Central over and let them play Pike Central. A better team for Phelps to play would be either Knott County or even Tug Valley, WV.

That's a brilliant idea, especially considering the Pirates won't play Mingo
Central, but it'd be a fun game with PC.....I like the idea :Thumbs:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You would think Fort Knox could come up with some really good teams.
What the problem over there?

I agree...I always wondered the same thing as well. Must be from all the support personnel at Knox, hahaha.

Seriously though, maybe the football talent decides to go elsewhere and play.
I wish u all would Get Johnson centrel belfry pike central p burg pikeville sat games try to get 6 real good teams to come play than let Paintsville play east ridge Hurley va play Shelby valley Besty lane play Tulsa wv phelps play south Floyd
MCMiner247 Wrote:That's a brilliant idea, especially considering the Pirates won't play Mingo
Central, but it'd be a fun game with PC.....I like the idea :Thumbs:
The Pirates don't want to play Mingo Central? I find this funny. What has Mingo Central done to have Belfry "shivering in their cleats". I'll answer that for you.....nothing. Belfry is playing Harlan Co. this week for pete's sake, a team that would beat Mingo Central by 30 and might beat Belfry by a large margin, and you think Belfry is avoiding Mingo Central? I would imagine that Coach Haywood has the same opinion of Yogi that everyone else has of him in the mountains and would just as soon avoid that mess.
I would like to see a Betsy Layne vs Pike Central matchup also.