Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurley, VA 36 East Ridge 14
Final from Pike Co Bowl
We got our butts kicked, no excuses. Congrats to Hurley on a fine game.
Hurley does not look the part but they are pretty fundamental and are just tough hard nosed kids.
Hurley is well coached...Tester and Davis have there stuff together.
Things went downhill fast for East Ridge is the 2nd half

Two players got injured a big line man and I.M.O their best all around player and the best player on the field #11 Caleb Skeens. Then their was a blown call when a East Ridge player took the ball from the Hurley player and the ref standing two feet away from the play did not rule it the Warriors ball.

Working on a game report for this one.
Doesn't Hurley have two D1 linemen prospects?
I did not see anyone that looked that good to me.

They had two bigger linemen, but both were not in shape at all.
Westside Wrote:Doesn't Hurley have two D1 linemen prospects?
We do have 2 that William & Mary called about 2 weeks ago but NWF is right, to play at the next level you got to be in shape and put in a LOT OF HARD WORK.
East Ridge was actually bigger across the board but Hurley gang tackled on every play. Hurley was the better team Saturday.
Hurley is always a fundamentally sound football team. I have no doubt they'll win their division and make some noise in the 1A VA playoffs. As for East Ridge, they were a bit shell shocked from the start of the second quarter. I have a feeling they'll get the message come Monday. The game at Shelby Valley should be a dandy.
Hurley only has an enrollment of 190 students 9-12. East Ridge has around 6 or 700
doubt Hurley will beat both Haysi & Honaker.
Real Badman Wrote:Hurley is always a fundamentally sound football team. I have no doubt they'll win their division and make some noise in the 1A VA playoffs. As for East Ridge, they were a bit shell shocked from the start of the second quarter. I have a feeling they'll get the message come Monday. The game at Shelby Valley should be a dandy.

Shelby Valley should take care of Warriors @ home. Valley by 2 or 3 touchdowns