Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 42 East Carter 0 (frosh)
Raceland's Freshman defeated East Carter's freshman this evening. Even without stellar lineman, Isaac Wallace(6'1" 300lbs). Isaac starts on the JV squad and is in the 6 or 7 man rotation on the varsity oline and dlines. Big runs by Baikey Walker(5'8" 180) and qb/hb(no 32...looked to be about 6" and around 190). Big defensive plays from many kids. This is one of the biggest freshman classes in size and in numbers i have seen at Raceland in a long time. Expectations are high for this Years Varsity Squad. As these kids become sophs next year, expectations will become even higher. In Jr High they lost in the state finals both years, with those losses being their only 2. As a team, I am pretty sure they hae only lossed 5 or 6 games since 3rd grade. The future is bright in Ram Country. With people like Joe Helms, Don Rambo, Larry Massie and countless others, the feeder system has finaly started to get some consistency and it is paying off and will for years to come.
Nathaniel Davidson was the QB,RB. Yes this group was the KYMSFA State Runner ups last year as 8th graders. Went 24-1 in 2 seasons in middle school ball I think. They are BIG-FAST and athletic at almost every position. This group of Freshman and the current Junior class were both in Championship games in 8th grade. So 2 out of 3 years the RAMS played in the Championship game, with the current Sophomore class going very deep in the State playoffs. Great bunch of kids, hard workers and very respectful. Yes the future is bright in Raceland.
Rams look set for several years.
RamPride Wrote:Nathaniel Davidson was the QB,RB. Yes this group was the KYMSFA State Runner ups last year as 8th graders. Went 24-1 in 2 seasons in middle school ball I think. They are BIG-FAST and athletic at almost every position. This group of Freshman and the current Junior class were both in Championship games in 8th grade. So 2 out of 3 years the RAMS played in the Championship game, with the current Sophomore class going very deep in the State playoffs. Great bunch of kids, hard workers and very respectful. Yes the future is bright in Raceland.

The one thing that impresses me the most about this team, is their football iq and love for the game. Many of them are strictly football players. Constantly in the weight room and conditioning. From day one of 3rd grade ball, we all new Jerome Hall, Isaac Wallace, and Bailey Walker would growuo ito special players. What we didnt see, was what the Manis boy, Nathaniel, Logan Mauk, Nick Caldwell, and so many others would turn out to be, hard nosed, smart, football players. So Proud to have aparrt of coaching these kids from flag-5th grade.
#7 Caldwell is the starting qb. He threw for a Td and scored on two running plays in the JV game. Against East yesterday he threw for 4 cya points. Hit #32 on a pass for a big gain. Had a puntt return about 60 yards for a Td. And if not mistaken threw for a Td.