RC answers back with a TD. RC leads 7-6 early in the 1st
Twitter: @tc_analytics

14-6 RC 1st

21-6 RC mid-way through the 1stq

28-6 RC late in the 1stQ

TC moving the ball against RC, but turnovers are killing them.

TC scores mid-way through the 2ndq. RC leads 28-14

35-14 RC late in the 2ndq

35-14 RC leads at the half.

The score could be closer but RC has a defensive TD. RC is the better team, but I am pleased with the improvements I have heard so far. I will be listening for the TC team to let-up or play harder if this score gets 30+ points. I hope they do not, but we shall see. Go Cards!

Another turnover for TC early in the 3rd. UGGGGH!

RC turning the ball over a lot this game. Very sloppy.

I get the feeling that RC is the better team, but not head and shoulders better than TC as I thought they would be.

41-14 RC late in the 3rdq

A bunch of Unsportsmanship penalties against the Lakers.

47-14 after another turnover for TC.

RC defense had tightened in the 2nd half, but offense still having problems. There as been 2+ TD's from defense and short fields after turnovers

47-14 RC end of 3rd

54-14 RC 4thQ

Sad fact is even though TC is losing by 40 they are better than they were last season.

Who is coaching Russell county? Thought I saw coach sharp at the Washington county game?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I get the feeling that RC is the better team, but not head and shoulders better than TC as I thought they would be.

Guess we were not at the same game
lol they should have not even scored ,they called a fumble on bang bang play inside russells on twenty that should have just been incomplete pass call,Taylor recovered for one gift, then for some reason Russell faked a punt on a 4 and 17 on there side of the field to give Taylor another gift.
I agree it was a sloppy game, but it was the first game so you understand some of that. Fletcher looked great! Both Ellis and Smiddy did well at Qb! Both had big runs and Smiddy's first play was a bomb for a touchdown. The defense settled down and only gave up points after turnovers on very short fields. Short didn't do bad on extra points and he had a whale of a game on defense. The line played ok especially considering we were down two starters. Overall I would give us a B- for the game, but it is nice to get a 40 point win and still come away with things to work on knowing you didn't play your best.
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I agree it was a sloppy game, but it was the first game so you understand some of that. Fletcher looked great! Both Ellis and Smiddy did well at Qb! Both had big runs and Smiddy's first play was a bomb for a touchdown. The defense settled down and only gave up points after turnovers on very short fields. Short didn't do bad on extra points and he had a whale of a game on defense. The line played ok especially considering we were down two starters. Overall I would give us a B- for the game, but it is nice to get a 40 point win and still come away with things to work on knowing you didn't play your best.
Agreed!

rc58 Wrote:lol they should have not even scored ,they called a fumble on bang bang play inside russells on twenty that should have just been incomplete pass call,Taylor recovered for one gift, then for some reason Russell faked a punt on a 4 and 17 on there side of the field to give Taylor another gift.

Agreed. But they did sound better as compared to last season.

willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Guess we were not at the same game

I was @ the radio station working the game. RC scored a couple defensive TD's and scored off TC turnovers, which were many. I would rate TC's performance a D-. Russell County would receive a C+. Sloppy overall.

willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Guess we were not at the same game
I would have to agree, we must not have been at the same ballgame!! Russell County has some fine tuning to do but all in all looked very good and will be force to be reckoned with!!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I agree it was a sloppy game, but it was the first game so you understand some of that. Fletcher looked great! Both Ellis and Smiddy did well at Qb! Both had big runs and Smiddy's first play was a bomb for a touchdown. The defense settled down and only gave up points after turnovers on very short fields. Short didn't do bad on extra points and he had a whale of a game on defense. The line played ok especially considering we were down two starters. Overall I would give us a B- for the game, but it is nice to get a 40 point win and still come away with things to work on knowing you didn't play your best.
Preacher I agree with your rating. Both Fletcher and Ellis looked GREAT!! I was proud of Smiddy (my nephew). He did well considering, Im sure he was nervous going into his first game as a Mighty Laker. His first pass was well thrown and the reciever did a great job catching and getting down the feild. I was very proud!! I am thankful he is now being coached by such a Great Coaching Staff. Im looking forward to seeing this team do we.
If Russell county gets a C+ in a 54-14 first game victory then WHOA watch out. The upside is tremendous. That was a big compliment!