Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central football 2013
Go Allen Central! i'm predicting 6-4 maybe 7-3 this year make it happen guys!
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Allen Central Rebels

EASTERN, Ky. (WYMT) - Following a 2011 season that saw a district runner-up finish and a home playoff game, the Allen Central Rebels stumbled in 2012, finishing third in Class A District 8 and winning just two games.

"I think this past season we got a sour taste in our mouth," reflects Jeremy Hall, who is entering his 11th season as Rebel head coach. "We kind of, we back-stepped I guess you could say. This year's group has vowed, I think in their minds and in our coaching staff's minds, we're not going to do that this year. We're going to be back up there trying to contend."

"We just couldn't find that morale at the end of the year to really get up and go," adds senior quarterback Cameron Hamilton. "Coming out this year, it's there. We're ready. We just need to get the blood in our mouths."

"It hurt a lot because we relied on a false hope and it kind of let us down," says Aaron Wright, a senior running back. "This year we don't need to rely on just one man, we need to rely on all of us as one."

Just like in recent years, one aspect the Rebels will rely heavily on this season is the running game.

"If we can have three guys that are about the same skill level we can do a lot of things with it, and that's something I don't think we've had the last couple of years," says Hall.

"Our running game, that's a big part of our offense and having 1,000-yard rushers, it's such a help for this team," adds running back Austin Hall.

The backs will look to run behind a strong, experienced offensive line.

"Freshmen, sophomores and a couple of juniors, and now all those guys have another year of experience, experience that especially in Class A is big," says Jeremy Hall.

"I'm really excited about it," says senior lineman Dean Ousley. "It's a lot bigger line that what we had last year. We lost some seniors but we have the gap filled pretty well I feel. I can't wait. That's what really, that's what got me excited this year."

The Rebels open their season with back to back road games, beginning Friday, August 23rd at East Ridge.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...00041.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON