Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 3 South Laurel 1
Huge upset IMHO.

Ill be the first to admit i was wrong and apologize to the HC faitfhful.
South has been dominant all year and i did not expect this.

Good luck to HC in the finals.
Boggs may have pitched the game of his life! The Black Bears beat one of the best in the state.
Great win guys good job!
Doesn't help South when their coach is clueless. He watched NL do the same exact thing last year trying to save pitchers. South had 4 number 1 pitchers they could've pitched, instead he starts a kid (great kid) that hasn't pitched in a while and is about the 7th pitcher. Idiotic. Especially knowing you was facing arguably the best pitcher in the region. I would about guarantee that SL will be looking for a new coach next year. But congratulations to the Black bears. With Boggs on the mound, this isnt a huge upset.
GREAT JOB BEARS!!!!!!! Congrats on our first baseball regional championship game. Bring home the hardware Thursday night!!!!!!!
Guess the inner city championship was spoiled a bit tonight. Boggs was on and South showed no respect not pitching one of their better pitchers, I guess since you got the best draw and then still try and not pitch your number 1 or 2 in the semis backfired. But he did pull him quick in the 2nd I believe. The Black Bears played a great game all around and Boggs pitched great. Congrats to South on a great year.
Proud Black Bear papa!! Go Bears!!
Congrats to Coach John Lewis, Jarrod and the rest of the Black Bears on a job well done. Great pitching by Boggs. Good luck in the Finals!
raisedseams Wrote:Doesn't help South when their coach is clueless. He watched NL do the same exact thing last year trying to save pitchers. South had 4 number 1 pitchers they could've pitched, instead he starts a kid (great kid) that hasn't pitched in a while and is about the 7th pitcher. Idiotic. Especially knowing you was facing arguably the best pitcher in the region. I would about guarantee that SL will be looking for a new coach next year. But congratulations to the Black bears. With Boggs on the mound, this isnt a huge upset.

Who is considered SL's ace?
Did the coach for south not use his best hitters, if you score 1 run whose fault is that, the coach can't hit for them. 1 run, if you don't score more than that you don't deserve to win anyway, plus the south pitcher only gave up 3 runs, pretty good IMO. Excuses is always the blame for a loss, how about blaming the hits for not scoring runs.
Full deck Wrote:Did the coach for south not use his best hitters, if you score 1 run whose fault is that, the coach can't hit for them. 1 run, if you don't score more than that you don't deserve to win anyway, plus the south pitcher only gave up 3 runs, pretty good IMO. Excuses is always the blame for a loss, how about blaming the hits for not scoring runs.

Your reading comprehension isn't that great is it? Call them "excuses" or reasons, but yes there is always a reason or excuse for every teams loss. If you would read my previous post you would see that I mentioned that they had to realize that giving up 2-3 runs could very well get them beat with Boggs pitching and if they didn't pitch a couple of their top pitchers. Yes you have to score runs, but if they throw Neal/Martin or Allen/Sears, they probably don't give up any runs.
raisedseams Wrote:Your reading comprehension isn't that great is it? Call them "excuses" or reasons, but yes there is always a reason or excuse for every teams loss. If you would read my previous post you would see that I mentioned that they had to realize that giving up 2-3 runs could very well get them beat with Boggs pitching and if they didn't pitch a couple of their top pitchers. Yes you have to score runs, but if they throw Neal/Martin or Allen/Sears, they probably don't give up any runs.
The kid for SL that started only pitched 1/3 of an inning I believe and HC actually only put up 1 run on him then Sears entered the game! HC put up 2 runs on Sears after the first inning. Having said that, though IMO it made no sense starting anyone but one of your top 3 starters against an HC team that had 27 wins while playing a very solid schedule!? When it was all said and done however, HC still out scored The Sears/Neal combination 2-0......... Great job Bears, now lets go get us a Championship!!!
I've read a lot of smack about this game, and so proud that the Bears pulled it out!!

Congratulations Black Bears!!!!
Great win for the Bears....but huge upset...sorry, but to never win a region game and knock off South is big. I don't care how good you think you were this year...big upset. Great win!!!!!
Upset or not, one thing is for certain. The "cake walk" is over.
I can agree that South was picked to win this game but if you look at it HC was up 3-1 on South in the Region last year in the 5th when Philpot put his mark on the game and South wins 5-4, HC was winning this year at home in the 5th when South exploded for one big inning that decided the game. HC has a good team and when the bats show up they can beat anybody in the region. North will be a good game and I am sure that North will be favored in this one also. Good luck to both teams.
:igiveup:
raisedseams Wrote:Your reading comprehension isn't that great is it? Call them "excuses" or reasons, but yes there is always a reason or excuse for every teams loss. If you would read my previous post you would see that I mentioned that they had to realize that giving up 2-3 runs could very well get them beat with Boggs pitching and if they didn't pitch a couple of their top pitchers. Yes you have to score runs, but if they throw Neal/Martin or Allen/Sears, they probably don't give up any runs.

I never read anywhere where you said anything about giving up any runs in this topic. But yes I have read many south topics and always excuses.
Granny Bear Wrote:Upset or not, one thing is for certain. The "cake walk" is over.
Great post Granny Bear! Clealy one of your all-time best IMO....I know these baseball boys appreciate your support!! Lets go get it Bears!!!
raisedseams Wrote:Doesn't help South when their coach is clueless. He watched NL do the same exact thing last year trying to save pitchers. South had 4 number 1 pitchers they could've pitched, instead he starts a kid (great kid) that hasn't pitched in a while and is about the 7th pitcher. Idiotic. Especially knowing you was facing arguably the best pitcher in the region. I would about guarantee that SL will be looking for a new coach next year. But congratulations to the Black bears. With Boggs on the mound, this isnt a huge upset.

So where do you say anything about needing to score 2 or 3 runs.
Full deck Wrote:So where do you say anything about needing to score 2 or 3 runs.

The part where I said that Harlan was throwing the best pitcher in the region. You think he would give up 5-6 runs? I could draw you a picture. I've never saw 1 SL topic on here where anyone was making "excuses". But I guess getting shut down by a great pitcher is an excuse. But there was no "excuse" for not throwing the kids that give you the best chance to shut down Harlan. Don't know if you are a Harlan fan, but enjoy getting 10 run by North tomorrow.
Somebody's feelings are hurt!!! It's funny that a South fan has to use North Laurel to dig at the Bears!

Hey Jack, you and South Laurel enjoy your summer!
raisedseams Wrote:The part where I said that Harlan was throwing the best pitcher in the region. You think he would give up 5-6 runs? I could draw you a picture. I've never saw 1 SL topic on here where anyone was making "excuses". But I guess getting shut down by a great pitcher is an excuse. But there was no "excuse" for not throwing the kids that give you the best chance to shut down Harlan. Don't know if you are a Harlan fan, but enjoy getting 10 run by North tomorrow.
You Wrong asshole!!!!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:You Wrong asshole!!!!

South Laurel fans must always think they know everything and can coach better than the coach. Must be why no one ever says anything good about them. Congrats to both teams on a great game, shame both couldn't win.