Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 6, Sheldon Clark 0 57th championship
Bulldogs use two three run innings, and quality pitching from Austin Bailey, Eric Salyers, and Josh Cantrell. Bulldogs earn a #1 seed in the 15th region tournament.
Congrats!

Stat/score from the Paintsville game?
Don't have any stats, bulldogs beat the tigers 8-4. Both teams hit the ball well. Adam Cavins hit a two run home run off of Millers which was part of a 4 run inning for the Dawgs. Miller was replaced by Daniels who pitched well. Lawrence was very aggressive, hats off to both teams on a great game.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Don't have any stats, bulldogs beat the tigers 8-4. Both teams hit the ball well. Adam Cavins hit a two run home run off of Millers which was part of a 4 run inning for the Dawgs. Miller was replaced by Daniels who pitched well. Lawrence was very aggressive, hats off to both teams on a great game.

heard it was an absolute BOMB of a homerun too. lawrence came up with big hits, pitched it, played defense, and took home the title. sadly not many care much about it, or so it seems. still nice to be in the region after sitting out a last year.
I made it late to the Paintsville game and watched the entire championship game. Bulldog fans were in full force. I think Lawrence and Sheldon Clark had more fans then Paintsville did. There was a lot of energy in the games.
Congrats to Lawrence Co.
Three keys to winning are pitching, defense, and hitting the ball and the Bulldogs did those in these two district tournament games. There were about 4 hits that were really good shots but went right to outfielders. Sheldon Clark struggled pitching in this one, too many walks hurt them. There was also a questionable call where the home plate umpire called a hit i think it was blackburn foul ball down left field. It hit the wall but he called it foul, I was watching the ball the whole time and I couldn't exactly see where it hit at. That was a huge call .
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Three keys to winning are pitching, defense, and hitting the ball and the Bulldogs did those in these two district tournament games. There were about 4 hits that were really good shots but went right to outfielders. Sheldon Clark struggled pitching in this one, too many walks hurt them. There was also a questionable call where the home plate umpire called a hit i think it was blackburn foul ball down left field. It hit the wall but he called it foul, I was watching the ball the whole time and I couldn't exactly see where it hit at. That was a huge call .

you must be blind then. i got there for the 2nd game and had a perfect view of that ball. it NEVER hit the wall. it was about 10-15 feet from the wall. it landed about 3-5 feet foul. easy call. good call. trust me. i was closer to it than you were. only a few feet away. :Thumbs:
I'm not blind at all lol. From home plate it looked a lot closer then 3-5 ft but i was just stating the call.
Congrats to Lawrence County for picking up a win on a hard fought game against Paintsville, and then grabbing a W and the 57th district title against Sheldon Clark.
How prepared will LC be Monday after playing 2 Saturday? With the pitching restrictions, do they have enough?
Stardust Wrote:How prepared will LC be Monday after playing 2 Saturday? With the pitching restrictions, do they have enough?

well i don't believe any pitcher is scratched for today. they should all be eligible. doesn't mean they won't be sore or anything to that fact. they have very good pitching depth, probably the strength of this team is pitching depth. they can run out a freshman, two sophomores, two juniors, and two seniors at any point in this tournament. they ALL have been effective this year. i would suspect we will see either the freshman or one of the sophomores today. but don't be shocked if we don't see the junior Wallen throw either.