Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodford County 12 Harlan County 4
After playing past midnight on Friday then playing Belfry at 12:00 Saturday at Powell County, the Bears had to sit for a couple hours to wait on Woodford to show up and then play their 3rd game in less than 20 hours. HC didn't have their A game in this one and the very talented defending state champs took advantage of it. Not to take anything away from Woodford, but I believe under different circumstances HC would have a much better chance to beat this team.
Harlan County needs to focus on getting past the 1st round of region before they can talk about being Woodford Co...
It was 4-2 up until the 4th I do believe when Woodford finally broke open with some more runs. Two mountains put up good games against the defending state champs, who is very very talented.
I have seen Harlan play 3 times this year and have followed most of the same Black Bear players since Hazard -Harlan Little League All Star games. They are a great defensive team, very sound. When they hit consistent they are capable of beating Woodford or anyone in the state.