Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Basketball?
With Madison Central winning the state tournament sunday!

Is Dom Hawkins Mr. Baskeball???

Comments......
All depends on how many coaches have or have not turned in their ballots before the state tournament. There is no way to know for sure but the 5 finalists are picked by the early ballots sent in.
i think hawkins proved why he's the best player in the state, but mentioned earlier, it depends on how many coaches sent their ballots in.

it does seem like more coaches are waiting after the finals to vote
My vote would definitely go to Hawkins.
It's different than that now, I don't even think the coaches decide on it now. The coaches decide on who makes the final 5, there is a committee that decides Mr. Basketball after the event from the final 5.
Deff. has to be Dominique Hawkins. He proved that he is the best player in the state.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:It's different than that now, I don't even think the coaches decide on it now. The coaches decide on who makes the final 5, there is a committee that decides Mr. Basketball after the event from the final 5.

Correct
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Has to be Hawkins.
Dominique Hawkins has done everything that you could ask of a Mr. Basketball. Played well against quality competition, was the picture of consistency and played huge in the post-season. Whether or not he will be the best college player should have an impact on this award!
Hawkins
Hawkins would be my pick if I had a vote.
I also think Bullitt East and Trinity not being in the Sweet 16 helped Hawkins even more. He should get Mr. Basketball, and a scholarship to UK too
Hawkins #1 in my book.
Fatt Jones Wrote:Dominique Hawkins has done everything that you could ask of a Mr. Basketball. Played well against quality competition, was the picture of consistency and played huge in the post-season. Whether or not he will be the best college player should have an impact on this award!

I'm sorry. Should NOT have an impact on this award.
Hawkins for sure

Willis didn't make it out of the region.

I remember in 2010, Josh Sewell was supposed to win Mr. basketball.
Elisha Justice had an awesome state tournament and won the championship.
He got Mr. basketball and now I think Hawkins will.
HAWKINS, so glad Central made it to state so everyone could see what an awesome player he is!
After watching Hawkins in the State Tournament, I would say that he deserves... My main reason for this is because he showed time after time against the best teams in the State that he can step up and carry his team when the game is on the line. But this brings up a question. Should Mr. Basketball be chosen before the State Tourney, so that players like Willis and others who do not make it are not eliminated from the discussion?
Hawkins has to be in a great place for this honor!
I don't see how he doesn't win this.
YEs Hawkins!!!
what do you think "Tribe" should it be Gover
Hawkins for sure !
Hawkins in a close one
@BluegrassBball is saying Domonique Hawkins has won Mr. Basketball from a "reliable source"
toussaints Wrote:@BluegrassBball is saying Domonique Hawkins has won Mr. Basketball from a "reliable source"

Should be announced tomorrow, with a UK announcement right after. Guess we'll wait and see if true.

Mix1...
Announcement happens tomorrow night at the dinner I think.
Mr. Basketball & Kentucky in the same night! Exciting!!!