Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 64 Betsy Layne 63
Final Score
As the raiders say "BETSY LAYNE GOT RAIDED!" LOL... but anyway, that was a very close game. Congrats! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Betsy Layne definatly got raided. This game was a landslide in the second quarter with South Floyd being up by as much as 14. An early technical by Ryan Johnson in the 3rd quarter set the tone for a 6 point swing for Betsy Layne. After that the game was close. Betsy Layne was up one point with 7 seconds to go when Barry Hall put in Ryan Johnson to take the last second shot. Johnson drove to the basket and got fouled, hit both free throws, and SF won the game. South Floyd would have won by a landslide but Ryan Little had an off night and Steven Stanley got in early foul trouble.
"Raider" Wrote:Betsy Layne definatly got raided. This game was a landslide in the second quarter with South Floyd being up by as much as 14. An early technical by Ryan Johnson in the 3rd quarter set the tone for a 6 point swing for Betsy Layne. After that the game was close. Betsy Layne was up one point with 7 seconds to go when Barry Hall put in Ryan Johnson to take the last second shot. Johnson drove to the basket and got fouled, hit both free throws, and SF won the game. South Floyd would have won by a landslide but Ryan Little had an off night and Steven Stanley got in early foul trouble.

Well sounds like a good game. But, You cant play like that and win the 15th. Every time i watch this ryan johnson kid play hes getting a tech foul for some crazy reason. calm him down and you might win a few more games. Sounds like him taunting or whatever hes doing is hurting south floyd and causing a major break in the lead they create.
I thought that Coach Hall had a rule that if you got a technical that you didn't go back in the game?
Coach Hall normally benches a player for the rest of the game but I guessed he realized that he could'nt win without Johnson in the game!
other circumstances where involved with this game and the team knows the reason and that is all that matters and it was a great win and put the raiders destiny in there own hands. naynay are getting ready to run. i know how much you love it.
where was this game played at?
Sounds like the end of the game was awesome. I bet the guy aho shot those last 2 free-throws was a little nervous
"playa3" Wrote:I thought that Coach Hall had a rule that if you got a technical that you didn't go back in the game?
I thought this too....so winning now takes tops over team rules?
Unfortunately at times it appears that different circumstances call for adjustments that are deemed necessary to bring about what I would consider team rules. Coaches can be backed into a corner by the officials at times and things that are considered by a Ref may not be entirely the players fault. In the game it is not right that something a player may have done in the past be carried over to another game by a few calling the games. This has happened several times in the past and statements made from a few that they are watching players specifically has no place in the fairness for any player. These statements made before the game has started. Reputations are difficult to shed once an incident occurs and I am not saying that some technicals were not deserved. I do feel that it needs to be noted that a player can change their behavior and still be watched closely for anything that is seemingly close to being inappropriate conduct by the officials. I observed during the game mentioned many times the behavior of others that were not addressed and felt this was totally unfair to the team and the player with the technical. One trigger happy ref can take a team out for the season based on what has happened earlier in the season. This was evident in the loss to Betsy Layne in overtime by South Floyd earlier in the season which did cost SF a loss in the conference. SF had a 6 point lead in the 4th with 3 minutes to go and was cruising when the technical was called and fact that there was more going on from both sides than what took place in this incident. The referee that called that technical did not know which player said anything or from what team did the talking, Yet he called the T on SF. The player at the recent game set out for 12 minutes and came back in by the Coaches decision. I am sure it was not done only because of increasing South Floyds chance to win the game but done also at trying to justify what takes place that some of the fans do not see. The Raiders have lost some this year by sticking to team rules and if something is blatant enough to merit a technical by players then I feel the coaches will deal with them in the appropriate manner. Winning isn't everything and lessons are to be learned every day whether it be by a player, referee or a coach. These are still young kids playing the game and all I would ask for is fairness to each.
I watched the game on TV 5 Johnson T was in the 2nd quarter with SF up by 10, I think Hall left him out till late in the 4th .
The official who called the T was the same one who called 2 "T" in the All A game. One of those was against Wes Hall, who I met this summer at MSU and I can asure he did nothing to deserve the "T" that was called on him.
Lessons are learned in life no matter what age you are. People make mistakes, you can't paint yourself in a corner, if you do you may get a little paint on yourself.

We do not live in a black and white world, there is some gray and people have to remember that. Sometimes the the crayon goes outside the line.